Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bigH
02 Mar 17 22:11
| Topic/replies: 7,325 | Blogger: bigH's blog
Like a dog with a bone

Not sure why or what their agenda is.

One thing I am sure of is that the BBC are a shower of ****s
Pause Switch to Standard View The BBC have really got it in for UK...
Show More
Report bigH March 2, 2017 10:13 PM GMT
C
A
N
T
S
Report donny osmond March 2, 2017 10:23 PM GMT
bbc attacking sky perhaps ?
Report doantwin2easy March 2, 2017 10:28 PM GMT
We need someone from the BBC to explain their agenda. Some kind of spokesperson would be ideal.
Report Hamsterdam March 2, 2017 10:41 PM GMT
"Wiggo" a cheat glad they are ragging him. They done Mo Farrah as well in that Panorama doc. I have many qualms about the BBC, but this isn't one of them.
Report saddo March 2, 2017 10:51 PM GMT
I agree with Hamsterdam. Being "clean" means you can have the illegal juice if you pretend you have an illness, the fact that many need meds just before a big competition is purely coincidental, I'm sure.
Report GoBallistic March 2, 2017 11:02 PM GMT
It's the Mail (Matt Lawton mainly) that has been exposing the british cycling sham for the best part of a year.  They have at least one insider at BC.  All other media just reporting what is in the Mail
Report Mr Eboue March 2, 2017 11:04 PM GMT
They are doing a great job and should be applauded.

Why are they C***S for investigating alleged cheating BigH?
Report GLASGOWCALLING March 2, 2017 11:10 PM GMT
lost laptop ??  no backup ???     hogwash.
Report blackbarn March 2, 2017 11:41 PM GMT
The liberal luvvie left-wing Daily Telegraph seemed this morning to be of a similar viewCool.
Report blackbarn March 2, 2017 11:44 PM GMT
A little lad from our village effectively invented the modern bicycle.  We only have a little plaque but they have a proper statue of him in Coventry.
Report morpteh mackem March 3, 2017 9:56 AM GMT
david walsh in sunday times also sticks boot in on a weekly basis .
Report bigH March 3, 2017 10:40 AM GMT
Mr Eboue - I have no doubt that everyone in top level sport such as cycling, athletics, football, rugby, american football, tennis, is juiced to the eyeballs

I am all for investigative journalism, but what the BBC are doing with Wiggins and Farah is a witch-hunt

And thats what makes them ****

It suits their agenda to hound the likes of Wiggins and Farah as opposed to investigating their hero Andy Murray.

Personally, I see no difference between the way the UK Olympic teams operate and are funded, and the way that the old East German and Russian teams were.

When East Germany and Russia did it, it was known as state sponsored doping,

When the UK do it, it's called Lottery Funding

Maybe the BBC should investigate that? I doubt that will happen as 500 journos would lose their 2 week jolly in the next Olympic venue
Report DIE LINKE March 3, 2017 10:54 AM GMT
Presumably you thought it was a witch hunt against Armstrong too?
Report GoBallistic March 3, 2017 11:35 AM GMT
David Walsh has been blindly pro-Sky for much of their existence.  Probably because of his employer.  Only in the last 6 months has he changed his tune at all (and only then against Wiggins and Brailsford).  He still defends Froome despite the obvious connections
Report bix March 3, 2017 11:56 AM GMT
Not a scrap of evidence to show that Sky or British Cycling broke any rules despite over 1000 man hours devoted to the Sky investigation. Sky are probably only guilty of pushing the envelope as far as they could without actually stepping over the line. You have to remember this is extreme sport at a level which the barack room lawers on here have no comprehension. As such if you want results extreme measures, legal or otherwise, will be necessary.
BigH hits the nail on the head mentioning all top level sports. Personally I am amazed that rugby manages to stay under the radar while football has all the ingredients for drug abuse with the enormous amounts of money at stake at both club and personal level.
Report bigH March 3, 2017 3:12 PM GMT
Die Linke - Armstrong wasn't a witch-hunt by an organisation. Armstrong went from near-death cancer survivor to 7-time TdF winner, suspicions should have been aroused but most were happy to look the other way

Wiggins was world class at youth and junior level

Farah likewise was a junior champion

Cycling has a long history of doping, most pro teams are led by ex-riders who would have doped throughout their careers. Once a doper.....

Athletics is the same - Russia and East Germany were easy targets and deflected attention form everyone else whose doping programmes were not as good.  Lasse Viren was prepared to have a transfusion using sheeps blood in the 1970's to raise his white blood cell count -  that tells you that some people will do anything to get an advantage

Everyone is at it. The one thing that is certain is that the scientists/doctors are always one step ahead of WADA and the testers
Report bix March 3, 2017 5:03 PM GMT
Good post bigH. If you're going to look at drugs in sport why just go at British Cycling, when almost certainly everyone is at it to some extent and some more illegaly than others. I've not heard any suspicion of Wiggins. An odd character certainly and his liking for alcohol would probably have led to his dropping a few hints by now after some of his excessive "celebrations".
Eddy Mercx famously said "you won't win the Tour de France on mineral water and sandwiches". A quote which probab;y applies to all sporting titles these days.
Report Wesdag March 3, 2017 5:07 PM GMT
Can you imagine the outcry if this Team Sky outfit was Russian?

Dodgy as fook.
Report sofiakenny March 3, 2017 5:16 PM GMT
bix..sir brad was given an inhaler for his "asthma"..did not mention it in his book though.
his medical records also appear to have been "lost"
Report Degs March 3, 2017 6:03 PM GMT
Lasse Viren was prepared to have a transfusion using sheeps blood in the 1970's to raise his white blood cell count

I remember the rumours about Viren back then, but I don't recall anything about sheep. Any source for that ?
Report bix March 3, 2017 6:24 PM GMT
It is also rumoured to have been reindeer blood. Viren rose like a phoenix from the ashes every 4 years to win Olympic titles.

Sofia. As I said earlier Sky are probably guilty of pushing the rules to the limit without going over the line and breaking them. But look at all top class successful sportspersons and teams and you will almost certainly find the same scenario. You can read all the biographies of rugby heroes and you'll not find a mention of steroid abuse either by themselves or team mates but just take a long hard look at some of those blokes  and it wasn't a diet of mineral water and sandwiches which gave them that build.
Report Degs March 3, 2017 6:33 PM GMT
It is also rumoured to have been reindeer blood.

ah, ok, must be true then (sheep, reindeer, whatever)
Report bix March 3, 2017 7:10 PM GMT
It's more likely to have been simple blood doping where you take out a couple of pints of blood about 2 weeks before competition, remove the red blood cells and reintroduce them after the athlete has replaced the blood lost. Made illegal in the 80s but Viren won his titles in the 72 and 76 Olympic games.
Report bix March 20, 2017 8:39 AM GMT
Of the 50 UK athletes currently serving a ban for drug use 4 are cyclists and 28 are rugby players.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com