Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Roger The Butler
12 Feb 17 17:19
| Topic/replies: 3,511 | Blogger: Roger The Butler's blog
Went to a funeral last Friday and parked in a Sainsbury's car park as it gives 2 hours free and I needed to pop in there and shop first. It is monitored by a private firm - Horizon Parking.

Should have been plenty of time but the funeral overran and I came out after 2 hours 30 minutes. Just had a penalty charge notice through - £70 fine or £40 if I pay within 14 days.

Anyone know what I should do - do these people have any power to take this further or if I just ignore it are they toothless?
Pause Switch to Standard View Parking charge advice required
Show More
Report rommel February 12, 2017 6:24 PM GMT
ignore it,its an offer for you to contract with them,dont contract,ill get you a vid
Report SlippyBlue February 12, 2017 6:28 PM GMT
Don't pay it and ignore any correspondence, they can't do a thing apart from issuing idle threats that amount to nothing.
Report rommel February 12, 2017 6:29 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3J-Xl6rSlk
Report Roger The Butler February 12, 2017 6:31 PM GMT
Ok, cheers. They have images of car entering and car leaving etc. which are included in the correspondence. Does that make any difference?
Report rommel February 12, 2017 6:33 PM GMT
dont think so rog,ignore it,pics only there to scare you,no legal standing
Report rommel February 12, 2017 6:35 PM GMT
have a look on here,set you right
Report rommel February 12, 2017 6:35 PM GMT
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=168#.WKCqslWLS1s
Report donny osmond February 12, 2017 6:41 PM GMT
i would speak to sainsburys first

explain your circumstances and manager will get ticket cancelled
Report s.kenbo February 12, 2017 6:41 PM GMT
Is that right, Slippy and Rommel?

I could understand ignoring/fighting them if you hadn't broken the time agreement, but when you admit being late, surely that's a different matter? I'd rather pay the £40 than give it a chance to escalate.
Report treble February 12, 2017 6:43 PM GMT
I've had a few of these. Ignored every single one without any comebacks at all. They never take it to court as the high chance of losing makes it economically nonviable. Their just chancers. They just give out plenty of  tickets and gamble on a few gullible fools coughing up.
Report rommel February 12, 2017 6:47 PM GMT
agree with treb,dont get into a dialogue with them,ignore them,orrr SEND THEIR **** BACK to them back,with a big NO CONTRACT,written across the fron of the envelope
Report rommel February 12, 2017 6:48 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnD8DBfXkEc
Report s.kenbo February 12, 2017 6:52 PM GMT
Handy advice.
Report saddo February 12, 2017 7:13 PM GMT
£70 fine or £40 if I pay within 14 days.

That's the hook, most pay to "save" £30.
Report mememe February 12, 2017 7:14 PM GMT
ignore it.
you'll get threatening reminders.
ignore them, just don't repond.
HTH
Report TrainStopper February 12, 2017 7:54 PM GMT
RTB,
Have a read of this link,
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5557344&highlight=horizon&page=2#topofpage

I dont think that ignoring them is the current advice since some court case in 2015

Good luck
Report rommel February 12, 2017 8:05 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpyn3fdqsGY
Report breadnbutter February 12, 2017 8:12 PM GMT
yea ,if you respond you move into the fish on pile and they take a long term view and continue with the harassment or even up the ante

ignore and file in  bin
Report FIGJAM February 12, 2017 11:33 PM GMT
Our local Sainsbury's site is shared with a hospital which is monitored by I think Bromley Council.
I certainly wouldn't upset those Barstewards,they will pursue any fine.
Report crags February 12, 2017 11:40 PM GMT
Hope you didn't buy any frozen food, OP.
Report Mc Moonbeam February 12, 2017 11:50 PM GMT
if it is monitored by a private firm they will hunt you down .. I once parked in a Block buster car park .. shut the door walked around a wall .. then instantly forgot my phone .. walked back like 30 seconds late & the Hench mob were still struggling to get the Clamp on .. almost smacked the cr^ p outta him but realized I wasn't gonna get far .. they'd dona half the car park .. hidden in the middle in a white van .. the guy told me straight up 'look mate they don't actually want you to pay .. they wanna Tow you! ' and the price goes from £70 - £240 .. they're protected by the Police (as much as the Police hate it) finally called him some 'words' and went the cash point .. my mate wanted to bring bolt cutters & crowbars down asap Happy

alternatively I'd often parked in the local Council car park & would often end up out all night .. after a few tickets I started just throwing them on the floor & driving off ... never heard a word about any of them ...

you'd think the Council has the powers .. Go Figure !
Report doantwin2easy February 12, 2017 11:58 PM GMT
clamping on private land is illegal now and has been for a few years.
Report Mc Moonbeam February 13, 2017 12:01 AM GMT
yes this was like 2003

the Tow truck was in full swing as I was arguing .. one nice old woman stood there almost crying as they towed her little red shiny thing away ... smart thing was to lose 70!

next week the entire Blockbuster had tins of paint thrown all over it .. and I mean All over it .. windows .. walls .. Trashed Laugh
Report Capt__F February 13, 2017 12:10 AM GMT
reply with newspaper clippings

"FECK OFF YE BUNCH OF DOG SHOITE"

let them persure a legal bill of 000's for £70

CANTS !!!!!
Report zorrostrikes February 13, 2017 6:15 AM GMT
leave the country - head for Zanzibar and fall in love with a native girl - it's your only option now.
Report khyber kim February 13, 2017 6:50 AM GMT
For peace of mind I would pay it RTB. It's bloody  annoying but no worse than having 40 quid on a nag that's

clear going to the last only for it to fall.
Report GRANTCKING February 13, 2017 8:28 AM GMT
had this happen to me last year, they send me 3 or 4 letters in the space of 4months then I think they finally got the message they were gettgin sweet feck all
Report padlock February 13, 2017 9:51 AM GMT
Killer Cars
Take the bus or cycle or train or tram imo
Report Aunty Post February 13, 2017 10:30 AM GMT
I think they will be more venomous towards people with smart cars RTB, just out of resentment!

I know you also have resentment but, as someone said, it might be worth speaking to the supermarket manager (I wonder how much they get out of the deal!

Otherwise not worth agonising over it, so just pay it. £40.00 is just small change for many on here.....Wink
Report The Leopard February 13, 2017 10:53 AM GMT
I have had a ticket cancelled by emailing the site owner and giving a good reason why I was delayed ……with some proof.
Report Capt__F February 13, 2017 10:59 AM GMT
busy posting on here no doubt
Report GRANTCKING February 13, 2017 12:48 PM GMT

Feb 13, 2017 -- 4:30AM, Aunty Post wrote:

I think they will be more venomous towards people with smart cars RTB, just out of resentment!I know you also have resentment but, as someone said, it might be worth speaking to the supermarket manager (I wonder how much they get out of the deal!Otherwise not worth agonising over it, so just pay it. £40.00 is just small change for many on here.....

anyone who pays £40 to these cowboys is a sheer mug no matter how much their net worth is!

Report rommel February 13, 2017 1:20 PM GMT
well said grant,kyber and aunty are mere lickspittles knaves and ladyboys
Report pixie February 13, 2017 2:20 PM GMT
I got one from the car park behind the chip shop 'The Kettle O Fish' in Rye for overstaying by about 10 minutes. They have written to me a number of times increasing and then reducing the 'fine' for an immediate payment. I have ignored the lot and so far I haven't had to pay.
Report Aunty Post February 13, 2017 2:20 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Crisp77 February 13, 2017 4:24 PM GMT

Feb 13, 2017 -- 8:20AM, pixie wrote:

I got one from the car park behind the chip shop 'The Kettle O Fish' in Rye for overstaying by about 10 minutes. They have written to me a number of times increasing and then reducing the 'fine' for an immediate payment. I have ignored the lot and so far I haven't had to pay.

I did the same but my one had the car park at the side so we must be talking about a different kettle of fish Plain

Report pixie February 13, 2017 4:29 PM GMT
Tongue Out
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com