Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bongo
12 Jul 16 20:10
| Topic/replies: 6,043 | Blogger: bongo's blog
In other words, what is the highest altitude building in New Zealand licenced to serve you a pint. Or the NZ equivalent of the Tan Hill inn in Great Britain.

I've used the best search engines and nothing comes up. I'd be grateful if anyone can answer this - it's for a worthy cause as it will help win an argument with a lefty who has a bit of a brain.

Cheers if you can help, hic!
Pause Switch to Standard View Help - what is the highest pub in New...
Show More
Report knot in wood July 12, 2016 8:29 PM BST
just a guess but what about the sky tower in auckland, the southern hemispheres highest man made building and as a restaurant on top...not sure if they serve beer mind.
Report Premier League Cycle July 12, 2016 9:08 PM BST
If there's a pub near the summit of Arthur's Pass that would have to be close

(The road on the South Island that goes over the mountains from Christchurch to the west coast)
Report Premier League Cycle July 12, 2016 9:16 PM BST
Actually, the township of Arthur's Pass is 740 metres above sea level according to wiki ... and it's bound to have a pub
Report bongo July 12, 2016 9:20 PM BST
Thank you PLC. I've searched on what you said and found a village in the Southern Alps called Aoraki at 750m which has two drinking holes, the Old Mountaineers and the Chamois. We could be closing in on a winner.
Report Premier League Cycle July 12, 2016 9:22 PM BST
Scratch all that !!

There's a town on the North Island called NATIONAL PARK believe it or not with a population of 1,500

And an elevation of 825 metres
Report aasbff July 12, 2016 10:02 PM BST
It's what ever pub that contains the most weed.
Report kincsem July 12, 2016 10:45 PM BST
Ireland's entry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omtfe7lb-gE
Report Jack Hacksaw July 12, 2016 10:59 PM BST
I thought that was going to be a link to the Ponderosa pub in Northern Ireland, which is the highest in N. Ire - my relatives always used to take me to on the way to Derry after picking me up at Belfast.

I have stayed in Arthur's Pass as a backpacker on the trans alpine railway.  It was bloody cold.  I had a good sleeping bag, but they gave you thick quilts about 12 inches thick - otherwise you would have froze!
Report lmfao July 13, 2016 6:57 PM BST
try the hermitage at mount cook
Report lmfao July 13, 2016 6:58 PM BST
the highest building/ pub/ restaurant is skytower Aukland
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com