Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
elcapitan
17 Apr 16 21:34
| Topic/replies: 85 | Blogger: elcapitan's blog
Any stories that you have experienced or heard that would put me off profitable in-shop gambling would be much appreciated.

Have you heard of any bad experiences of in-shop punters being denied their winnings? Maybe because they had been restricted before in a different shop?

Even though the trader took the bet they are told that "it should not have been accepted" and it is voided?

Asking for proof of identity in the shop when you are clearly over the legal age?
Pause Switch to Standard View Worst betting shop injustices
Show More
Report Ron-Russian April 17, 2016 10:38 PM BST
Yeah this geezer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3aDO8P-BAM
Report donny osmond April 17, 2016 11:08 PM BST
it seems to me that bookies are keen to get all cash punters on to
an identity system. using money laundering as an excuse to stop
taking cash bets over 50 quids
Report cooperman12 April 18, 2016 8:49 AM BST
Three spring to mind with me, two involving myself and another a mate of mine. First my mates bet, he wrote four horses out in a straight accum, i think for a tenner. As he filled in the stake box one of his horses came over the blower as a n/r, so he scored the horse out, and watched the other three romp home. When he went to collect he was told as he left the time and meeting beside his scored out selection this was deemed to be the fav in that particular race (which was common practice in this particular shop and area, whereby a timed race and meeting with no selection was intended as the fav). Despite the fact it was obvious what he had done he never got paid. Secondly i had a few football accums up once with one particular team in virtually all of them, i think they were 4/5, when i went to collect i was told i was only getting paid 1/3 on the team at 4/5 as they were trading much shorter on the exchanges. The bookmaker concerned admitted he didn't change the price prior to k/o, and agreed this team were 4/5 in various outlets nearby, but insisted he waqs within his rights to pay me 1/3 because of the shorter exchange price (I haven't got time to tell you what i thought of that decision). Finally those wonderful decision makers at Ladbrokes decided on a mundane afternoons greyhound racing to double the sp of whichever dog won the next race at Sunderland or some track i can't remember. With a 9/4 fav paying 9/2 you'd not be losing much even the fav won so i had 100 on every dog in the race. Cashier takes the bet but it takes ages to get thru to h/o on the phone, by the time she does so the race is over with a 6/1 winner paying 12/1, wow nice profit here, only to be told i can have a fiver on each dog!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com