Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
xmoneyx
03 Apr 16 20:21
| Topic/replies: 57,869 | Blogger: xmoneyx's blog
expect a few red faces Uk BlushLaugh
Pause Switch to Standard View huge data leak--panama offshore clients
Show More
Report xmoneyx April 4, 2016 2:26 PM BST
Papers reveal Ian Cameron(PM dad) hired Bahamas residents, including a part-time bishop, to keep offshore company exempt."
Report xmoneyx April 4, 2016 2:36 PM BST
how reporters pulled off biggest leak in history

http://www.wired.com/2016/04/reporters-pulled-off-panama-papers-biggest-leak-whistleblower-history/?mbid=social_twitter
Report xmoneyx April 4, 2016 2:37 PM BST
The leak includes more than 4.8 million emails, 3 million database files, and 2.1 million PDFs from the Panamanian law firm Mossack Fonseca
Report Crisp77 April 4, 2016 2:40 PM BST
How long will it take to trawl through all of that to find out their definitive opinion on the doing order of Girls Aloud?
Report xmoneyx April 4, 2016 2:49 PM BST
quicker than chilcotWink
Report xmoneyx April 4, 2016 3:09 PM BST
released financial files on Bill and Hillary Rodham Clinton's growing fortune omit a company with no apparent employees or assets that the former president has legally used to provide consulting and other servicesSilly
Report Burton-Brewers April 4, 2016 3:11 PM BST
coincidence this story pops up before referendums in UK and Holland? These 2 groups are behind this appearing, good old Soros who has never had an off shore account in his life

Open Society Foundations
Chaired by Hungarian-American billionaire and Hillary Clinton donor George Soros, the Open Society Foundations back hundreds of pro open borders, mass immigration groups across the European Union, United Kingdom, and United States of America. Mr. Soros is a known rival of Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, and has recently written about how Mr. Putin is a “greater threat” to the West than Islamic State.

The Sigrid Rausing Trust
The Sigrid Rausing Trust, similarly to the Open Society Foundations, backs open borders and pro mass migration groups across the United Kingdom, and funds anti-Israel groups in the Middle East. The organisation funds “No Borders” in Ukraine, “Reprieve” in the UK – which defends Guantanamo Bay detainees, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), and the radical left group “Southall Black Sisters” in Britain.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/04/04/panama-papers-mainstream-media-focuses-putin-link-leak-group-funded-pro-open-borders-george-soros/
Report dave1357 April 4, 2016 4:03 PM BST
W/e Brewers it's a filthy cesspit that needed airing.  The docs aren't forgeries  Worth noting that the mainstream media in Russia and China and suppressing the story.  You should be grateful you live in a free country.
Report xmoneyx April 4, 2016 4:55 PM BST
PMs fathers company avoided tax for 16 years Angry
Report Burton-Brewers April 4, 2016 5:19 PM BST
if you think you live in a free country I suggest you wake up
Report alun2005 April 4, 2016 5:35 PM BST
Do we know whether any UK/International tax laws been broken yet, or is this another example of legal tax avoidance?
Report dave1357 April 4, 2016 7:22 PM BST

Apr 4, 2016 -- 5:19PM, Burton-Brewers wrote:

if you think you live in a free country I suggest you wake up

If you think that Russia is more free than Britain, I can't really suggest anything as you are beyond help

Report dave1357 April 4, 2016 7:25 PM BST
In fact people like you make me sick.  You can't appreciate the freedoms and opportunities available in this country and mouth off when you have a life that most of the worlds people can't even dream of.
Report maleuk01. April 4, 2016 7:42 PM BST
"Were all in it together"

Apart from your family!
Report Injera April 4, 2016 7:44 PM BST
Pretty sure the Clintons could have problems with this one.

What a shame...
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! April 4, 2016 7:48 PM BST
This reporting reminds me of the film
The Firm with Tom Cruise
A lawyer working for a law firm
Only nailed the firm for illegal billing

Good film

Cool
Report Burton-Brewers April 4, 2016 8:01 PM BST
don't worry david the feeling is mutual
Report xmoneyx April 4, 2016 8:48 PM BST
guy caught. on Panarama selling his house for 1million,not declaring it

11million documents and they find his

how unlucky is thatExcited
Report xmoneyx April 4, 2016 10:37 PM BST
The Simpsons Excited

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wpjX4q5ZWQc
Report xmoneyx April 4, 2016 10:39 PM BST
icing on the cake

N Korea held account
Report curious-cat April 5, 2016 1:34 AM BST
Cameron Sr was one of five UK-based directors until shortly before his death in 2010. In order to avoid UK tax, his venture had to be managed and controlled from abroad. A team of six other directors from Switzerland and the Bahamas was recruited, to ensure that a majority of the board was based outside Britain. However, the paper trail suggests this was a conjuring trick, albeit one tolerated by the law. Board meetings were held every year in Nassau and Switzerland, often in the five-star Hotel Beau-Rivage in Geneva. While the Europeans regularly jetted out to the Caribbean, there is little evidence of travel in the opposite direction, raising questions about how much the Bahamas directors contributed to strategy and decision making.

For Blairmore, 2006 was an important year. It sent out a prospectus calling for new investors – clients were asked to put in a minimum of $100,000 (£70,000) each. However, the prospectus stated two of the three Bahamian board members waived their $5,000 fee that year. They were the only directors recorded as doing so.

Through the Bahamas branches of Coutts and later SG Hambros, Blairmore retained dozens of local residents. There is no suggestion this arrangement was illegal and it was used by other offshore funds at the time.

The signatories were authorised to perform complex financial tasks. They could, company minutes state, “sell or buy any stocks, shares, annuities” and even “precious metals”.

In reality, according to the documents, big investment decisions appear to have been taken in the UK. Strategy was seemingly discussed in London where the investment management firm Smith & Williamson and five of the directors including Cameron were based.

Minutes from a 2001 directors’ meeting in the Bahamas say: “Mr Cameron concluded by stating that the company’s investment team … met regularly to discuss stock picks and strategy and that he was pleased with the teamwork over the past 18 months.”
Report curious-cat April 5, 2016 1:35 AM BST
It is hard to see how the company was not managed and controlled, and therefore tax resident, in the UK

Former tax inspector Richard Brooks
Report 18-5 April 5, 2016 3:07 AM BST
Just take 50% from every account and fine them all.
Report themightymac April 5, 2016 3:11 AM BST
The more money they get, the more greedy they get. They never can get enough.
Report xmoneyx April 5, 2016 8:41 AM BST
28 German Banks

ffs
Report xmoneyx April 5, 2016 8:52 AM BST
French far right le pen aid stashed 2 million euroSilly
Report sixtwosix April 5, 2016 9:14 AM BST
No doubt HMRC will come down hard on PAYE customers following the latest revelation that they are the only people who do not get to choose how much tax they should pay.
Report xmoneyx April 5, 2016 9:18 AM BST
PMs father got a part-time Bishop Panama to sign his tax documents

AngryCryExcitedWink
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 5, 2016 9:41 AM BST
Just take 50% from every account and fine them all.

funny you should say that.
one country in the eu is hard on such matters and will do it.

we will just let em off as we are soft touches.
Report Rockinron April 5, 2016 9:46 AM BST
I think a lot of people are missing the point ...(the great unwashed) ...
I mean if you'd accumulated a great wadge of cash through perfectly legal business deals - where would you put it ?
Surely your first consideration is to keep your money safe and out of harms way !
And with the UK Banks and HMRC now having the poweers just to sequestrate your money first and ask questions later ...
In UK Bannks ?
In USA Banks ?
Under the bed ?
Etc ..etc ..
I'd certainly be putting mine in a safe haven or ...Offshore out of harms way.
Just look at what happened in the great banking crash of 2008 ...UK Ltd came within 30 minutes of our whole banking system going down., Only hasty desperate calls from the Banks to Gordon Brown stopped this happening !
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 5, 2016 10:00 AM BST
but youd be putting it in a bank.....
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 5, 2016 10:02 AM BST
and in a place where if something did go wrong you have zero protection.

at least here you get the 75k protection for each bank (unless you do two or more in the same owned banking organisation).
Report brendanuk1 April 5, 2016 10:06 AM BST
I read that UK will make it illegal to clock mileage on cars, it is already illegal to sell a car with knowingly wrong mileage, but they want to tighten it up. This is how they micro manage the workers, while at same time ignoring clear evidence of suspicious deals worth milions.
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 5, 2016 10:08 AM BST
and one of the arguments for brexit is "we want to make our own laws" Laugh
Report xmoneyx April 5, 2016 10:12 AM BST
I couldn't sleep if I had money in a bank 5000 miles away
Report brendanuk1 April 5, 2016 10:16 AM BST
They do it purely to avoid tax, legally alot of the time (due to sh!t tax laws), not some 'money safety' Laugh
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 5, 2016 10:24 AM BST
they will take risks to avoid tax.

its greed
Report brendanuk1 April 5, 2016 10:32 AM BST
greed, ideology, its right wing thinking, I made this money myself and now government want to take 20% off me. If i jump through a few hoops and technicalities, fly to dublin or nassau for meetings I can pay 5%. or nothing.

see facebook, starbucks etc. why this leak wont change anything
Report xmoneyx April 5, 2016 11:23 AM BST
The president of the Chilean branch of Transparency International resigned on Monday after documents from a Panamanian law firm showed he was linked to at least five offshore companies.CryLaugh
Report xmoneyx April 5, 2016 11:27 AM BST
Software produced by a little-known Australian developer has helped journalists piece together news leads from the mountains of data found in the contents of the Panama Papers, one of the biggest document leaks in history.

Sydney-based Nuix Pty Ltd donated its document analysis program to the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) to sift through the millions of leaked documents from Panamanian law firm Mossack Fonseca.

The Panama Papers include 2.6 terabytes of data including emails, images, PDFs and other documents and raise questions about the financial arrangements of high profile politicians and public figures through the use of offshore companies.

"What we've done is enabled the ICIJ to do what they couldn't do in probably months or years," Nuix vice president Angela Bunting told Reuters in a telephone interview on Tuesday.

By using the software, the Washington-based ICIJ was able to make millions of scanned documents, some decades old, text-searchable and help its network of journalists cross reference Mossack Fonseca's clients across these documents.

The massive leak has prompted global investigations into suspected illegal activities by the world's wealthy and powerful. Mossack Fonseca, the firm at the center of the leaks , denies any wrongdoing.
Report xmoneyx April 5, 2016 12:06 PM BST
4 Luxembourg banks Whoops
Report jollyswagman April 5, 2016 12:08 PM BST
you're doing great work xmoneyx keep it up.

we should remember that this is just one firm in one country.

taxes are for the little people!
Report xmoneyx April 5, 2016 12:29 PM BST
carol voderman calls Cameron a hypocrite Wink
Report xmoneyx April 5, 2016 12:31 PM BST
is throwing yoghurt in Iceland a criminal offence Excited
Report xmoneyx April 5, 2016 12:37 PM BST
Canadian companies

198 billionWhoops
Report jollyswagman April 5, 2016 12:38 PM BST
i wonder if the pope will get a mention?

throwing yoghurt probably gets a ten stretch, screwing your countryfolk gets a pass.

i thought vorderman was a tory supporter
Report xmoneyx April 5, 2016 12:39 PM BST
private UK company to NHS

Docs on Call Crazy
Report brendanuk1 April 5, 2016 12:40 PM BST
pope has his own banks and even a country, doesnt need some lawyers in panama
Report xmoneyx April 5, 2016 12:42 PM BST
http://www.doctorsoncalluk.com
Report jollyswagman April 5, 2016 12:45 PM BST
i know but just in case he may have a bit extra stashed here and there Laugh

its sometimes dangerous being one of the pope's bankers Sad. i think in the 80s one died in suspicious circumstances near blackfriars bridge?
Report Burton-Brewers April 5, 2016 12:48 PM BST
Corbyn has stated he had nothing to do with these tax havens, however he did make a few deposits in Diane's shaven haven
Report Alias April 5, 2016 1:38 PM BST
xmoneyx
xmoneyx 04 Apr 16 12:46 Joined: 12 Jul 11 | Topic/replies: 34,394 | Blogger: xmoneyx's blog
Papers show Britain at the heart of vast tax haven leak

Just as long as you ain't surprised.
Report leazes67 April 5, 2016 1:39 PM BST
Does'nt bear thinking about.^^^^^
Report Alias April 5, 2016 1:41 PM BST
Only hasty desperate calls from the Banks to Gordon Brown stopped this happening !

Remember the Federal Reserve chipped in too, only £640 BILLION though.

http://www.newstatesman.com/2010/12/financial-british-money-fed
Report Alias April 5, 2016 1:45 PM BST
i think in the 80s one died in suspicious circumstances near blackfriars bridge?

Roberto Calvi. Not "near" the bridge. Dangling from it on the end of as rope.
Report Alias April 5, 2016 1:49 PM BST
I think a lot of people are missing the point ...(the great unwashed)

Excuse me......I wash once a month whether I need to or not.Laugh Anyway, only dirty people wash. NO, the point is, how much money does anyone need? If you're worth £20m, what's wrong with paying your whack in tax? Your cash will still accumulate. These greedy, corrupt bastards need to be made examples of. Now.
Report xmoneyx April 5, 2016 1:51 PM BST
With an a estimated 2.6TB of stolen data in the breach, this was not a traditional break-and-enter, and the hacker or hackers behind it didn’t run off wth filing cabinets of printed material.

If you assume a generous allowance of 1MB of data per printed A4 page, 2.6TB comes out at 2,600,000 pages.

An A4 sheet, by definition, covers one-sixteenth of a square metre, and typical laser printer paper weighs 80 grams per square metre.

That’s 5 grams per page, or 13 tonnes for the paper version of the Panama Papers.
Report jollyswagman April 5, 2016 2:09 PM BST
thank you alias, its a murky old world for sure. maybe it was a sex act that went wrong Crazy

why avoid taxes? greed.

dont expect a cabinet full of tax avoiders to take any serious steps, in the early march edition of private eye they mentioned that osborne had recruited someone to high up in hmrc who has spent his career helping big companies avoid tax, he has also lobbied on their behalf. maybe the poacher will turn gamekeeper, or then again not. the business secretary's former employer deutsche bank recently lost another court case about a scheme that he personally benefited from, they intend to fight on.
Report xmoneyx April 5, 2016 2:21 PM BST
The prime minister of Iceland has asked the president to dissolve parliament after allegations he concealed millions of dollars worth of investments in an offshore company.
Report xmoneyx April 5, 2016 2:38 PM BST
Iceland president blocks embattled PM's snap election call

PM has to stick it out or resignPlain
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 5, 2016 3:12 PM BST
other offshore banks probably have been compromised by hackers.

dont think anyone will be safe.

need a declaration of assets law in this country.
anything over 50k in cash and say 300k in property should be declared.

failing to do so ir leaving off details should result in a 50% fine on all assets.

somehow doubt we are transparent enough as a nation to bring that law in.
Report alun2005 April 5, 2016 3:22 PM BST
Who would have thought that so many people would have wanted to avoid paying unnecessary amounts in tax?

Just think, those sums of money could then have been squandered by Government AGAINST the wishes of the public on catastrophic projects like these …

'Tell Mama'  (why not just Tell The Police?)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tell_MAMA

The misnamed 'PREVENT Strategy'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/7540456/The-Prevent-strategy-a-textbook-example-of-how-to-alienate-just-about-everybody.html

Kids Company

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_Company

YOUR MONEY. YOUR TAXES paid for these car-crashes.
Report Burton-Brewers April 5, 2016 3:37 PM BST
need a declaration of assets law in this country.
anything over 50k in cash and say 300k in property should be declared

wtf does it have to do with anyone else what assets I hold? what next "oh you don't need that much we'll have some of that"
Report dustybin April 5, 2016 3:56 PM BST
I understand that any transaction you make in this country via the banks of 10k or more has to be reported to the revenue.
Report xmoneyx April 5, 2016 3:56 PM BST
One of the Americans exposed by the Panama Files wrote a self-published book called "I’ve Been Arrested, Now What?".Excited
Report dustybin April 5, 2016 3:58 PM BST
The snoopers charter has also included the ability of police and others to look into individual's accounts.(I think without any type of warrant too)
Report xmoneyx April 5, 2016 3:59 PM BST
Russian Prosecutor General's Office to Investigate Panama Papers:

putins mateWink
Report fred c dobs April 5, 2016 4:09 PM BST
Jollyswagmans got it wrong Roberto Calvi was not the Popes Banker,he was Gods Banker.Cool
Report jollyswagman April 5, 2016 4:26 PM BST
thanks fred, whoever it was, it didnt work out to well for the poor chap Laugh
Report xmoneyx April 5, 2016 4:52 PM BST
Icelandic PM resigns in wake of Panama Papers scandal

1 downExcitedCool
Report xmoneyx April 5, 2016 5:18 PM BST
A French businessman named in leaked files from a Panama law firm has denied deliberately Excitedfunnelling money offshore.

Frederic Chatillon, whose company Riwal ran communications for the far right Front National (FN) party's election campaigns in 2012, said all his transactions were legitimate.
Report xmoneyx April 5, 2016 7:06 PM BST
new FIFA pres cash panama Cry
Report pumphol. April 5, 2016 8:06 PM BST
xmoneyx    05 Apr 16 10:12 
I couldn't sleep if I had money in a bank 5000 miles away

Yes it must be a pain in the a r s e getting there for when it opens in the morning LaughLaughLaugh
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 5, 2016 8:37 PM BST
wtf does it have to do with anyone else what assets I hold? what next "oh you don't need that much we'll have some of that"

its a way of seeing if people made money and not paid tax.

if you declare and then have to declare again the next year or after (because of an increase) , they can see if you have avoided tax.
when you have a 20000 increase you have to declare in that tax year.

that way anyone hiding cash will get fined.
or anyone not paying the right tax will do also.

got fk all to do with what you have.

its no different from benefit claimants having to declare their savings.
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 5, 2016 8:45 PM BST
I understand that any transaction you make in this country via the banks of 10k or more has to be reported to the revenue.

if you carry 10k euros or more on a flight you have to have documentation for that money in your name and probably a valid reason lol

money transfers between certain countries all get logged now...think its the FACTA agreement...might be under a different name.

still doesnt explain how money can come out of a uk bank and not raise suspicion.
Report brendanuk1 April 5, 2016 9:34 PM BST

PAYE earn, government informed and paid before you even get your hands on the income. This is how most people pay taxes. Or VAT, taken at point of sale
Report Ibrahima Sonko April 5, 2016 9:42 PM BST
I reckopn their is a way for every single person to beat tax laws if you had the people who were prepared to set it up for you without making money. Certainly would get interesting if 72% of tax payers got a free ticket to the Virgin Islands.
Report xmoneyx April 6, 2016 1:39 AM BST
The head of Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign is linked to a Russian bank involved with an emerging international scandal

Podesta Group signed up to lobby for the Sberbank of Russia in Washington about a month ago, in early March. The bank has been implicated in a scheme unearthed on Sunday in which leaders worldwide illegally stashed their assets overseas.

The Podesta Group was founded by John Podesta, the chairman of Clinton's 2016 campaign for president and a chief of staff to former president Bill Clinton. His brother, Anthony Podesta, is listed as a lobbyist for the account on the March filing.Crazy
Report ebulGery April 6, 2016 1:52 AM BST
Every one must pay their taxes..that is totally fair
Report xmoneyx April 6, 2016 12:26 PM BST
Downing Street says 'no offshore trusts' will benefit Camerons in FUTURE Silly
Report xmoneyx April 6, 2016 12:32 PM BST
As Boris Johnson dismisses the Panama Papers as "absolute tripe", 77% Silly
Report jollyswagman April 6, 2016 12:32 PM BST
apparently the icelandic pm hasnt resigned just stepped aside for a while.

whose turn to be rumbled today? with so much information leaked this could run and run.
Report xmoneyx April 6, 2016 12:51 PM BST
resigned as PM,but still head of party
Report xmoneyx April 6, 2016 12:58 PM BST
A fashion designer whose dresses are worn by Samantha Cameron, Michelle Obama and Kate Middleton has been caught up in the offshore tax scandal. London-based Roksanda Ilincic is among the latest names to emerge from the Panama PapersCrazyExcited
Report danniellasmincepies April 6, 2016 1:03 PM BST
Stitched up
Report xmoneyx April 6, 2016 1:47 PM BST
Newly elected President of Argentina, Mauricio Macri, is among the political leaders involved in the Panama Papers.Crazy
Report xmoneyx April 6, 2016 1:48 PM BST
Major Zimbabwe mining conglomerate ZIMPLATs implicates in Panama Papers Whoops
Report xmoneyx April 6, 2016 2:43 PM BST
simon cowellExcitedCry

sarah fergesonExcitedCry
Report Burton-Brewers April 6, 2016 2:54 PM BST
are you getting a hard on?
Report jollyswagman April 6, 2016 2:54 PM BST
once celeb types are involved all the red tops will go to town on it
Report breadnbutter April 6, 2016 3:14 PM BST
There is a big picture  here and there are some interesting angles as to whats really going on,the insular debate on here is hardly worth reading , twitter tatter side show   distracting from whats going down on the big stage .

Is this the prelude to something big kicking off ?  hopefully just a massive bunfight nothing more .

anynone got any NON MSM opinions on whats it all about ?
Report twonky April 6, 2016 5:41 PM BST
1/ who were the hackers?
2/ who " employed " them?
3/ how many Jewish companies or people have been named?
4/ why target this company when there are hundreds of them around the world?
5/ who benefits out of all this?
6/ what will be the outcome?
Report breadnbutter April 6, 2016 6:09 PM BST
1=not sure its confirmed it was a hackers
2=
3=600 i think it was reported ,but poor bait all the same,(noted you make no mention of Mossacks  Nazi SS officer father)
4=who says they were targeted
5=
6=unknown
Report Burton-Brewers April 6, 2016 6:13 PM BST
2 & 5 = George Soros
Report pumphol. April 6, 2016 6:53 PM BST
Twanky

Barred from the politics forum - 1.02
Racist with inferiority complex - 1.01
Report Rockinron April 6, 2016 7:14 PM BST
"The snoopers charter has also included the ability of police and others to look into individual's accounts.(I think without any type of warrant too)"
Absolutely right DustyBin...not only that to block/freeze bank accounts and freeze personal assets!
Report Rockinron April 6, 2016 7:38 PM BST
As an ex-technical investment specialist/deal maker (six figure salary) working for a London based Merchant Bank....I have to laugh at some of the idiotic and ill informed postings above....LaughLaughLaugh
Keep it coming ...I like a good laugh.
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 6, 2016 8:20 PM BST
it was probably anonymous and good luck to them if it was.

hope they hack a load more.
Report xmoneyx April 6, 2016 8:24 PM BST
heather mills

Paul will be laughing his head off
Report xmoneyx April 6, 2016 8:30 PM BST
The British banker Nigel Cowie, who lived in North Korea for over two decades, allegedly set up an offshore company used by Pyongyang to expand its nuclear weapons program and sell arms. News of his involvement came to light following Sunday’s leak of the Panama Papers, which have shed light on global offshore finance arrangements.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com