Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
i_agree_with_nick
21 Mar 16 16:29
| Topic/replies: 13,243 | Blogger: i_agree_with_nick's blog
paying women and men tennis players equally?  Cry
Pause Switch to Standard View I always pride myself on seeing both...
Show More
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 21, 2016 6:14 PM GMT
Maybe they will need to have separate tournaments just to see how it goes.
Report Zazu March 21, 2016 6:30 PM GMT
I think at the slams they should. Its a joint tournament and Serena Williams is as big a drawer as anyman outside the top 4, especially with the US market.

Also shuts up the feminist brigade for a few weeks
Report Shanelee1966 March 21, 2016 6:42 PM GMT
They work a bare 8 hours, the men do overtime.
Report Foinavon March 21, 2016 6:46 PM GMT
If the men were paid the same as the women they would still be overpaid Prima Donnas. Even relative nobodies are millionaires.
Report Clouseau March 21, 2016 7:01 PM GMT
Hate it when people talk about how big Serena's drawers are.

It demeans a dedicated and talented sports-person who warrants interest and sponsorship in her own right. She just also happens to have a massive arse.Mischief
Report ebulGery March 21, 2016 7:33 PM GMT
The truth about women's sports revealed...it is total rubbish

and it seems people won't pay to watch it

but they still claim equality...on what grounds I have no idea????????????????
Report ebulGery March 21, 2016 7:38 PM GMT
They have a tournament at Eastbourne prior to Wimbledon for women

People would go and watch it I remember...I did a few timesShocked

I have found women like their tennis in this country, because men used to go more for cricket

balances my previous woefully sexist postBlush
Report mad mad moon March 21, 2016 7:43 PM GMT
The Beeb are having none of it, probably as it will be responsible for 90pc of their sports coverage in a couple of years.

They even had an article complaining that the women's cricket team had to fly economy to
India, while the men went first class Crazy
Report ebulGery March 21, 2016 7:45 PM GMT
Yes I notice the Beeb are feminist dominated...women's cricketSad, give it up ladies pleaseCry

It would be better if men and women stuck to separate sports imo
Report Anybody help March 21, 2016 8:01 PM GMT
Why don't they throw all the prize only in one pot and all play in the same tournament?! No segregation, no inequalities. Winner takes lions share of prizemoney.

Seems fair to all
Report dustybin March 21, 2016 8:03 PM GMT
women's cricket is the epitome of what is wrong with the general argument.
That and women's rugby....and to only a slightly less extent women's football.

Nobody cares.
The women event dont garner the support and just get in the way of presenting the news.
Like this ICC t20 atm, you have to tiptoe around all the women's stuff like dog turds just to get the proper thing ffs
Report leazes67 March 21, 2016 8:11 PM GMT
Naga Munchetti on BBC this morning could barely hide her seething at the suggestion Women should be paid less.
Report dustybin March 21, 2016 8:24 PM GMT
I was just about to bring the actions of that woman up.
I only saw one hand over from news to sports segment this morning and she was pumping her gums over it, and I bet she did it eachtime

Its nowt to do with her ffs.
She isnt paid to give her opinion even if it was.
Report dustybin March 21, 2016 8:26 PM GMT
Shes out of her league in this breakfast spot imo, they were on about the position of the male and female presenters the other day as it was interpreted as some for of dominant position on the left
Now I bet shes got a bee in her bonnet about the whole thing.
Report guinness2dear March 21, 2016 8:30 PM GMT
Womens cricket is truly abysmal; but i can't say that about their rugby. There was a French girl last Friday who played against Engerland that would get in the male squad..
Report mad mad moon March 21, 2016 8:36 PM GMT
As a comparison, during fashion week, do male and female models get paid the same.?
Just a thought.
Report bongo March 21, 2016 10:41 PM GMT
Who could forget the story of Kate Germano, the female US Marine commander who insisted that her recruits do the same skill and endurance tests as their male counterparts. Her logic was that if men were firing rifles at 500m targets and women were firing at 400m targets, this discouraged excellence in her troopettes. They didn't like like Kate when she made them shoot the same. Nudged out after a year.
Report Eeternaloptimist March 21, 2016 11:47 PM GMT
Women play three sets at lower intensity. Men play five. Why should they receive the same?
Report Eeternaloptimist March 21, 2016 11:49 PM GMT
And there is no way on earth any woman would get into a national mens team. The best wouldn't even get into a professional league outfit on merit.
Report lfc1971 March 22, 2016 12:13 AM GMT
I still believe that Michelle Wie could have played on the mens golf tour, and even won majors. More naturally talented than 90% of the men.
Report ebulGery March 22, 2016 1:36 AM GMT
guinness2dear  • March 21, 2016 8:30 PM GMT 

Womens cricket is truly abysmal; but i can't say that about their rugby. There was a French girl last Friday who played against Engerland that would get in the male squad..

You have got to be joking Guinness, have you seen the size of male Rugby players...

taking a tackle from a male Rugby player would put her is hospital
Report Rockinron March 22, 2016 8:04 AM GMT
Naga Munchetti on BBC this morning could barely hide her seething at the suggestion Women should be paid less.
Can't stand the woman...Urghhhhhh..Angry
Typical employee of the "British Broadcasting Caliphate!
Report Crisp77 March 22, 2016 12:46 PM GMT
If tennis wants equality then the worst players should be paid the same amount as the best. The best can make up their money with sponsorships.
Report Clouseau March 22, 2016 6:22 PM GMT
The prize money in tennis is off the scale all around for both men and women.

I sent an entry form in for Wimbledon last year as a joke. Imagine my surprise and delight when I got a letter saying I couldn't take part together with a cheque for £12,000 for coming equal 6,000th. Cool
Report Crisp77 March 22, 2016 7:35 PM GMT
Great news. I doubt you would have fitted into one of the traps.
Report ebulGery March 22, 2016 7:55 PM GMT
Anybody help  • March 21, 2016 8:01 PM GMT 
Why don't they throw all the prize only in one pot and all play in the same tournament?! No segregation, no inequalities. Winner takes lions share of prizemoney.
Seems fair to all

If they did that then there would be no or very few women in any competitive level of sport
except equestrian...where the horse does most of the work..men are physically superior.

Most women prefer babies and husbands to sport. Although they like social sports such as Tennis and Badminton.

There is no need to encourage women into sport, as most have no interest. Sport is meant for men.

We need to start listening to normal women who have babies and marry men and are in the vast majority,

and stop listening to the other sort imo.
Report ebulGery March 22, 2016 8:01 PM GMT
I would not stop women taking part in sport, but I would not push them into it either, just let them make their own choice.

The term equality in sport is extremely dubious to say the least.
Report Burton-Brewers March 22, 2016 8:07 PM GMT
oh look how did I know the woman hater would turn up.
Report ebulGery March 22, 2016 8:09 PM GMT
Laugh
well perhapsBlush

But can you contradict what I am saying? I am reminding you of reality, nobody can change that.
Report Burton-Brewers March 22, 2016 8:11 PM GMT
I don't know what you are saying as I don't read your drivel fat c***
Report ebulGery March 22, 2016 8:14 PM GMT
oh well that makes sense BB?????????????????????

fatSad, you know how to wound, c*** I will say the same about you, seems fair,
Report pumphol. March 22, 2016 8:23 PM GMT
It has nothing to do with equality & everything to do with popularity & besides in the slams the women play a different format, in my opinion if they want the same money as men then play the same game, the women's argument is then men should play best of three which I think is a poor argument for equal pay.
The bloke who  resigned just said what a lot of people actually think.
Report ebulGery March 22, 2016 8:33 PM GMT
Well if there is equal popularity, then there should be equal pay, I would agree with that.

But I don't see what the number of sets has got to do with it. The truth is that men and women's tennis has been split

because women can't play as well as men.....they could not compete. I may be a complete cad to say it, but that is the truth.
Report ebulGery March 22, 2016 8:47 PM GMT
The easiest way to settle this, make all tennis 3 sets which women want....then lets have men and women playing against

each other.....we can then see whether there is equality or not.
Report pumphol. March 22, 2016 8:59 PM GMT
ebulGery    22 Mar 16 20:33 

But I don't see what the number of sets has got to do with it.

There we disagree, they are playing a different game.

Womens golfers & footballers don't moan about the fact they get less than men, yet women tennis players think they should get the same as men & play a shorter format in the competitions that really matter, I suspect a majority of paying customers given the choice of watching  either would more than likely choose mens tennis, are women lucky in this case to get the same as men, imo they are.
Report stickyvicky March 22, 2016 9:06 PM GMT
Annika Sorenstrom tried her luck on the mens golf tour a few years back, didn't go too well, think shes given up golf totally since.Laugh
Report Mr Eboue March 22, 2016 10:41 PM GMT
Lfc1971 - I still believe that Michelle Wie could have played on the mens golf tour, and even won majors. More naturally talented than 90% of the men.

Of all the proposterous things you've said on here, and there are many, the above might be the most laughable.

Wie has one major win on the womens tour. One.

If she played a mens major she'd struggle to break 80. To suggest she could actually win one is absurd.
Report Facts March 22, 2016 11:17 PM GMT
[i]ebulGery    21 Mar 16 19:45 

'........It would be better if men and women stuck to separate sports imo

'........We need to start listening to normal women who have babies and marry men.......'

[/i]

What a misogynist
Report TheBetterBettor March 22, 2016 11:21 PM GMT
Men vs Women....

Winner takes all.
Report ebulGery March 23, 2016 12:18 AM GMT
What a misogynist

someone who hates womenBlush

how did you guess that factsLaugh
Report U.A. March 23, 2016 9:06 AM GMT
Say we remove all other elements like women’s tennis is rubbish, more people want to watch men’s tennis etc and we just look at the whole 3 sets v 5 sets so men should get paid more debate. My understanding (which may not be totally correct) is that the women players have said that they are more than happy to play 5 sets. It’s that grand slams that decide how long the women’s matches should be and they have never asked or tried to get them to play 5 sets.

So the women are being asked to play for shorter amount of time even though they are prepared to play for longer.

Let me ask a question, based on my understanding being correct, and with the accusations of misogyny I shall remove the gender element from the equation as it is about discrimination. Say someone who was wheelchair bound went to work in an office and was told that he was going to get paid less than other people on average because he was only going to work 3 days and not 5. But why he asks I can and am happy to work 5 days. No you can’t work 5 days because your disabled, you’re only allowed to work 3 and because you’re working less than everyone else we are going to pay you less. Is this discrimination?

If you believe it is discrimination but you don’t think women should be paid as much as the men purely because of the volume of work they do then doesn’t the fault lie with the Grand Slams and not the women? Are the Grand Slam organisers predominantly male or female?
Report wit-ham March 23, 2016 9:18 AM GMT
Women playing 5 sets will result in 6-bagel 6-bagel 6-bagel

rather than 6-bagel 6-bagel imo
Report stickyvicky March 23, 2016 11:11 AM GMT
^^ Except extra sweating, panting, moaning and groaning , mmmmmm nice Devil
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com