Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Ron-Russian
09 Jan 16 02:46
| Topic/replies: 11,488 | Blogger: Ron-Russian's blog
who would never eat this meat the way its so cruelly killed?

who eats this meat by mistake? ie kebab?

the way halal meat is killed sickens me,
adrian chiles on a program last week was shocked by
the almost enjoyment they get from seeing the poor animal
have its throat cut with a razor blade sharp knife,
Pause Switch to Standard View HALAL Meat thoughts?
Show More
Report Ramruma January 9, 2016 6:27 AM GMT
I avoid it but of course a lot of the time you cannot tell.
Report blackbarn January 9, 2016 8:36 AM GMT
What is interesting is that one of the main tenets of the halal process is the prevention of cruelty to animals!  To illustrate this, I occasionally beat on an arab owned pheasant shoot.  Usually one would simply pull the neck of a winged (wounded) bird but this is not allowed as it is deemed cruel by the guns who insist on slitting the throat of said birds.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 9, 2016 9:17 AM GMT
Its barbaric.
Its done by barbarians.

Its been foisted on schools.

Its the practice of a people trying to take over your country.
Report blackbarn January 9, 2016 9:22 AM GMT
Same process as the Jewish Shechita.  I have no problem with it at all AS LONG as the animals are stunned first.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 9, 2016 9:24 AM GMT
They are not stunned first.

You should be against it because its part of a barbaric culture who want to take over your culture.
Report blackbarn January 9, 2016 9:31 AM GMT
Most reports say that they ARE stunned first, with Halal AND Shechita.  If they are stunned first I don't think it's barbaric.
Report Rockinron January 9, 2016 9:41 AM GMT
"the almost enjoyment they get from seeing the poor animal
have its throat cut with a razor blade sharp knife"
Never mind the animals mate ...they do infidels the same way...Scared
Report Dr Crippen January 9, 2016 9:42 AM GMT
I wouldn't wittingly eat or buy anything that contained Halal meat.
Report alun2005 January 9, 2016 1:14 PM GMT
Avoiding this meat wherever possible is one of the many ways by which concerned citizens can take economic sanctions against barbarians in our midst.

There are of course many other ways. I'm sure many of you very sensibly try to do so already.
Report DStyle January 9, 2016 1:26 PM GMT
wildmanfromborneo 09 Jan 16 09:24 
They are not stunned first.

You should be against it because its part of a barbaric culture who want to take over your culture.

complete bs.

over 90% of halal meat in this country is pre-stunned prior to slaughter.
Report leazes67 January 9, 2016 2:00 PM GMT
I beg to differ..
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2626032/Asda-Sainsburys-Tesco-sell-halal-meat-live-kill-animals-not-stunned.html
Report blackbarn January 9, 2016 2:38 PM GMT
"The Food Standards Agency (FSA) animal welfare survey undertaken in abattoirs across Great Britain during one week in September 2013 showed around 84 per cent of animals slaughtered by the Halal method were stunned before slaughter".

Source RSPCA.
http://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/farm/slaughter/religiousslaughter
Report rogerthebutler January 9, 2016 3:08 PM GMT
No problem with it as it's a long-established expression of one groups culture........just like fox-hunting.

Can't wait to see Animal Rights protestors lined up outside Halal Shops instead of Cheltenham and Aintree - I'd give them about 3 minutes.....
Report Roquebrune January 9, 2016 3:10 PM GMT
All food animals have their throats cut in order to rid the meat of blood.If this wasn't done,the meat would be inedible.Hahal animals are no different from any other.So,what is Halal meat?
Report Roquebrune January 9, 2016 3:11 PM GMT
None-Halal animals are stunned before being bled,Halal animals are NOT stunned,but are bled from being alive.
Report Pokermonster January 9, 2016 3:12 PM GMT
Halal is Neanderthal barbarism, it disgusts and sickens me.  The meat industry as a whole is barbaric in my view.
Report blackbarn January 9, 2016 3:55 PM GMT
Some double standards going on here methinks - Your Christmas Turkey was in all probability gassed to death. Re stunning, the RSPCA who one would think would have every reason to understand the facts, reports that the majority of halal production involves pre-stunning.
Report Pokermonster January 9, 2016 4:08 PM GMT
A majority?  That reminds me of Steve Coogan's pool supervisor.
Report blackbarn January 9, 2016 4:12 PM GMT
Majority = 84% according to the Food Standards Agency in 2013.  It seems that number was significantly higher than when last measured so the percentage may have increased since then.
Report DStyle January 9, 2016 4:29 PM GMT
Roquebrune 09 Jan 16 15:11 
None-Halal animals are stunned before being bled,Halal animals are NOT stunned,but are bled from being alive.

no.

halal is about two things.

i. that the animal must die from exsanguination.

2. that a Tasmiya (a prayer) needs to be said.

the thing about stunning is that a minority of muslims are concerned that the animal may actually die from being stunned and therefore not meet requirement 1. but the majority are not. The sheer cost of having to kill unstunned animals is probably the main reason why the overwhelming majority of halal meat comes from animals which are prestunned.

the labelling of meats and the description should simply be about the welfare of the animal and how it died.

Unless of course, you're so mentally unstable that you believe that an animal hearing a specific prayer when dies somehow alters it.

Of course we then come to consider slaughter for kosher meat as well, which carries just the same concerns.
Report Rampant Rabbit January 9, 2016 5:32 PM GMT
Still traumatised by opening thing of a camel being done in public with a thousand Muslim families out watching the fun and the poor thing yelling louder than an H Bomb.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com