Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
crispyman
15 Jul 15 15:03
| Topic/replies: 483 | Blogger: crispyman's blog
Any other good large ones out there that aren't poker based?
Pause Switch to Standard View Alternative gambling forums
Show More
Report macarony July 18, 2015 12:37 PM BST
UK-Tips-Betting is okay but watch out there is another site that name is simular.
This site is a run by fellow bettors and not trying to sell you anything.

Also try some of the software vendors forums like Bet Angel and gruss etc they tend to be helpful and infomative
Report Ovalman. July 18, 2015 12:43 PM BST
https://forum.punterslounge.com/

I was an active poster many years ago although never go near the site now. It was very busy back then, the poker forum had some great promotions. I met the owner in a London tourney they ran in a $10k game organised by Betfair. The regular punting side was busy also.
Report spellingandgrammarchecker July 18, 2015 1:04 PM BST
You met Paul?

I've not been on there for about two years, maybe longer.
Report Ovalman. July 18, 2015 1:39 PM BST
Yeah it was at a Poker game in Canary Wharf. He had a Danish bint at the time ?Penelope?

They were a friendly bunch but I got my Nephew to join the site and he gave her abuse, I felt guilty and never posted again. I still see the odd name playing online.

That was back in the day when they were throwing money at players. There were 50 of us in the game, cost me a couple of £10 Ryanair flights. Free food and drink, I got rat arsed and walked back to Liverpool Street at 2am.
Report spellingandgrammarchecker July 18, 2015 2:06 PM BST
I know he married Penelope, then went off to live in her home country, Sweden iirc.

I looked in about 6 months ago, and I think the marriage went south Sad

I joined in 2007 I think. Won an award for 'best newcomer' for bringing the chit chat section back to life with quizzes, jokes, stories from the past.

Had a few laughs on there, but got in a ruck with one coont who was spamming a tipping service. He didn't like my Irish jokes or comments on the pope, and said they were racist.

He then threatened Paul on a chit chat thread with 'Either he goes or I go.'

The thread filled up with comments with longer posts like 'Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out' to the much shorter 'bye'. 

Paul banned him. Laugh
Report spellingandgrammarchecker July 18, 2015 2:06 PM BST
Danish

Swedish

One of the two.
Report Ovalman. July 18, 2015 2:31 PM BST
Him and his mate started the site and his mate sold him his share for a couple of quid, think when we spoke it was worth a few million Shocked Maybe that's why Penelope took a shine to him ConfusedExcited

They came to Belfast for a game but at the time the cracks were appearing and I left soon afterwards. My nephew didn't help by giving Penelope constant abuse, they'd ban him and he'd open another account. I felt sort of guilty for telling him about the site.

Like any site, there are some decent people and some bad eggs like my nephew but I never felt the need to keep in touch with any of them.

I much prefer it here even though the poker forum is dead. I've even a few on Facebook that I would never have met other than these forums. Despite many differences I enjoy the banter here.
Report spellingandgrammarchecker July 18, 2015 3:42 PM BST
I know about 12 from here, but never met anybody from the PL forum.

Their weekend racing jaunts were spent playing poker, which I don't play, getting pissed Laugh, I don't drink, and backing horses, I'd rather lay.

One of them was an Irish publican, facked if I can recall his name, may have been Brian, invited me to one of their weekends and said he'd pay as I was having problems at the time. I thanked him, but turned it down, but that's not a bad offer from somebody you've never met.
Report Back High Lay Low July 18, 2015 3:58 PM BST
great memories from some past events
Report Ovalman. July 18, 2015 4:10 PM BST
I met one guy ?ColU? he was a massive Colchester Utd fan, he was the only one I spoke to in depth. Really nice older guy and we had (crap) football teams in common.

I've been to several live poker games run by Betfair, all in London. Their hospitality is second to none. Free food and drink and freebies. Went to a few **** poker games and they charge you for everything. Been to 2 Poker Forum games also in the Big Slick in Croydon back when the site was popular. Shame to see the Poker forum go to ruin but there were too many egos and it wasn't a friendly place to ask a noob question. Betfair didn't help by ruining the poker brand.

There are decent people the World over. That was nice of the guy to help out a stranger.
Report Ovalman. July 18, 2015 4:10 PM BST
B00yle
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com