Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
macarony
04 Jan 15 06:53
| Topic/replies: 6,631 | Blogger: macarony's blog
Just moved house recently, everything from start to finish was a pain in the arse.
You need to provide that your a genuine house buyer and not money laundering the amount of wage slips then there is the your id you need a passport and a photo license.
we started to buy our home in July we finally got moved in on 12 of December in then took to 30th to get our phone and broadband on. Nothing has been straight forward it just seems everything has been designed to be has difficult as possible.
Pause Switch to Standard View why is everything in this country...
Show More
Report rob_dylan January 4, 2015 7:53 AM GMT
Home Information packs were a good idea if they replaced the need for a lawyer and survey.  But they didn't.  The whole process does seem cery amateur, needs streamlining in some way.
Report NorthernPunter January 4, 2015 7:56 AM GMT
Totally agree.....so much admin & the estate agents & solicitors are hopeless.

We complete tomorrow, but agreed our purchase in mid August.....Sky hopeless....offered free broadband then couldn't do it at new house, only super fast at £20 a month. But because I didn't book it at time of sorting transfer of TV they said I had to wait until I had moved before doing the BB which then would take 2-4 weeks.

Went to BT & sorted in less than a week.

Took 4 phone calls to sort out house insurance & 4 more attempts to have the mortgage company noted as a interested party

This will be by lest ever house move!!!!!
Report Knight Commander January 4, 2015 8:25 AM GMT
So if you're not working, have a pre-photo driving licence and don't have a passport you cannot buy a house?
Seems a bit off to say the least!
Report macarony January 4, 2015 8:29 AM GMT
Been a nightmare trying to sort my bills out with no phone having to use one of the few remaining call boxes, every number a 0845/08000 or 033 number so even if I could get a mobile signal in the house which I cant, I would be milked calling those numbers
Report s.kenbo January 4, 2015 8:56 AM GMT
I started a similar thread on here before we brought our house. We needed £15k for our deposit and solicitor fees which we had tied up some Santander account. After our bid was accepted we went to the bank one day to transfer the money over to our everyday account, only to be told we weren't allowed to withdraw from there for another year or so. After weeks of phone calls to the bank they finally gave in and let us have our money.
Report call me a taxi January 4, 2015 12:00 PM GMT
Bought, sold and moved house 4 times in 7 years.

Never had a problem.
Report call me a taxi January 4, 2015 12:20 PM GMT
I understand frustration though...CrazyCrazy

One of the properties we pulled out of buying had the kitchen extended 18 inches so the frontage of the house was in a straight line, and obviously we wanted to see the planning permission.

Estate agents in Wisbech said they couldn't find it in the file, and the seller was away on business. 

I asked them to phone him.

The cloth eared bint in the office, who was about 19, phoned me back and said 'He's in New Zealand.' 

I assured her that they have telephones in New Zealand, and that she should have a contact number.

'Why would we have a contact number if he's out of the country' she asked.'

FFS

I said 'How will you let him know if we make an offer?'

She said 'We contact his wife.'

'Where is she?' I asked

'She's at an address in Kings Lynn.'

FFS

The next day there was no news so I phoned back.

Cloth eared bint said she contacted the wife who had contacted her husband.

'So where's the planning permission.' I asked

'He said it's in the file, but it's not.' she said.

I said 'I'd like you to phone him, not his wife, and ask him if there really is planning permission, or if he's just saying it has planning permission.'

She phoned back the next day 'He's now on his way to Honk Kong, I couldn't get hold of him.'

The next day a different person phoned 'It's about your purchase of the 3 bed-detached bungalow at blah blah...'

I said 'Bungalow? I'm not interested in a 3-bed bungalow, I'm after a 4-bed house.' 

She read the address out again, as if to say that I didn't know where I wanted to move.

They had somehow got the correct contact name and number for the house we wanted, but put it in a file for a bungalow that we didn't want.

I told her I had no idea what she was talking about, gave her the address of the house I wanted, and said that if the planning permission wasn't available to be seen in 5 days, I wasn't interested in buying it.

I heard no more, so we pulled out.
Report call me a taxi January 4, 2015 12:39 PM GMT
It could be worse...

10 years or so ago, when Mrs CMAT was an estate agent in London, she was in the office at 5-00 p.m. when a furniture lorry pulled up, along with a car with a couple and their children.

He was worried that there was a hold up transferring money for his house. He said it should have gone through hours ago.

Mrs CMAT phoned the solicitor, a woman answered the phone, and when Mrs CMAT asked about the transfer, the woman, who Mrs CMAT said sounded 'tipsy', laughed and hung up. 

Mrs CMAT obviously thought she had dialled a wrong number, so she tried again. The same woman answered and said laughing 'There is no money here for you.'

She then thought that the contact number the man had given her was wrong. She went to the file, got out the solicitor's paperwork, and the number was the same.

She phoned it again. This time a man answered, but said he was just leaving the office for a moment.

He was never seen again, neither was the money foe the house.

It was an African solicitor, but because he was registered at the Law Society, they had to foot the bill.

The couple should have claimed for emotional damages, as Mrs CMAT said the wife was in a terrible state when she realised that the money had been stolen, and thought they still had to repay the bank. .
Report Coachbuster January 4, 2015 12:43 PM GMT
it's because this country is full of grasping greedy feckers who aren't happy for you to do anything unless there's money in it for them .
Report paulypaul January 4, 2015 1:12 PM GMT
why is everything in this country always so hard...

Try telling that to someone with erectile disfunction...(no, not meWink)
Report Big_Issue January 4, 2015 1:17 PM GMT
The idle nanny state philosophy has permeated society to such an extent that nobody is able to take reponsibility or made responsible for their actions or lack of them anymore.
Report macarony January 5, 2015 3:24 PM GMT
Coachbuster
04 Jan 15 12:43
| Topic/replies: 27,169 | Blogger: Coachbuster's blog
it's because this country is full of grasping greedy feckers who aren't happy for you to do anything unless there's money in it for them .

Too right mate its all about rip off Britain as usual
Report rob_dylan January 5, 2015 3:26 PM GMT
coachbuster
04 Jan 15 12:43
| Topic/replies: 27,169 | Blogger: Coachbuster's blog

Too many whingers in this country.  Whine whine whine, I want this, i don't wanna pay for it, ooh look at what he's got, that's not fair, bla bla bla.
Report Aunty Post January 7, 2015 10:15 AM GMT
Yeah, everything does seem complex and, much of it, unnecessary.

Things such as when dealing with a solicitor, having to go to another solicitor to make a sworn oath.

A nice little earner for them, as they hand over £7.50 in cash for a five minute exercise.

I'm sure that that things can be also bad in other countries too. Such as when my niece and husband were buying their place
in France, after much negotiating that went on till approaching midnight, they had to get the mayor out.

Can't imagine that happening here, as the mayor would most likely be hammered!
Report cod-eyed-inbread January 7, 2015 7:05 PM GMT
1 word , NIGERIANS Angry
Report Coachbuster January 7, 2015 7:18 PM GMT
rob dylan

i love to hear of success stories and folk getting wealthy -

i just don't like legal theft esp from hard working folk who struggle through life  doing  physical work ,not  poncing about with pieces of paper   - too much bullshit as well when it comes to transferring documents,buying and selling property  etc etc .
Report Just Checking January 7, 2015 8:56 PM GMT
"why is everything in this country always so hard"
V1Agra in the water?

Actually the bureaucracy in this country is less than other countries, though it's getting worse?
You can't even spend a night in a hotel in some countries without proper ID, buying a home can AFAIK be far more complicated.
Report The Knight January 7, 2015 10:59 PM GMT
Totally agree - seems a mixture of youngsters (degree 'educated' but little sense), employees who will follow the checklist they have been given over a cliff rather than show some judgment (mostly because they have none and are so in debt anyway they simply cannot afford to lose their jobs), greedy companies, greedy law-suit chasing lawyers, moaning staff generally and a sense of nastiness and bad manners with so many. Oh, not to forget the UK disease or 'spin' (aka bullsh*t to the older amongst us). 

From what I have read - including a brilliant short story about a man trying to buy a Jaguar car - service was like this in the 1950's, but mostly due to a love of bureaucracy rather than today's reasons.  But it did improve over many years and for a golden period in the late 1980's and early 1990's service was pretty good everywhere but now...

Well now, it is mostly an exasperating, annoying, pen-pushing, check-listing, lack of common sense, lack of manners, shi*y mess.

I'll be 55 in August and am truly approaching the point where I will up sticks and give the US or Australia a go. Really sad, as I used to love this country and still feel the same way about our history and tradition but as for modern life in the UK....a great deal of it stinks.

I also don't feel confident that the younger generations will be capable of looking after me in my old age.

Lastly, who do we blame? Many are responsible but close to the top of my list is Blair and his mate Campbell who made bullsh*t such an art form that younger generations now seem to believe that if you talk the talk and then do nothing else, all will be fine. 

(Sorry youngsters, I know you are not all the same but so many of you just don't come over very well. Get off Idiotbook, Twatter and your mobiles for 10 seconds, stop thinking getting repeatedly tanked on binges is clever, and blo*dy well wake up....)
Report Tommy Toes January 7, 2015 11:02 PM GMT
That's a first class post, The Knight.
Report SlippyBlue January 7, 2015 11:18 PM GMT
It is Tommy, you beat me to it and a lot of what The Knight said is spot on. I had pretty much the same conversation earlier today in so far as things are just made so difficult for decent citizens to get along in peace. I'm going to sound like a right old git now but the generation leaving school or college now have negligible social skills nor any concept of what is the correct way to behave and seem devoid of the very basic ethics and morals of making the world run smoothly. I see it every single day, bad attitudes seem to be the go. I had to tell some heathen in the hospital yesterday to pull your bloody trousers up as I nor anyone else wants to see your feckin arse when people are visiting relatives. I got an icy stare from the chav but he complied. Thing is, why should I even have to be the one that gives the rebuke? No standards, no respect for themselves or others, no nothing.

The Knight, think long and hard about moving to Australia, they are more politically correct than the U.K. Which takes some doing. Your average Aussie Bruce absolutely hates what has become of their country.
Report Burton-Brewers January 7, 2015 11:21 PM GMT
I might have to rethink moving to France slippy Sad
Report call me a taxi January 7, 2015 11:32 PM GMT
My plan to move to Nigeria has been cancelled.
Report Angel Gabrial January 7, 2015 11:43 PM GMT
But i thought your wife wanted to return to her tribe Taxi?
Report SlippyBlue January 7, 2015 11:53 PM GMT
cmat, I distinctly remember that Nestor said Lagos was the only place in the world he genuinely felt scared and he was a wise owl. Maybe consider Corfu or maybe the Isle Of Wight instead.
Report Clungehungry January 8, 2015 12:58 AM GMT
There are a lot of rules, perhaps too many, but if you left school without even a basic grasp of English, you will always struggle. Nightschool is an option.
Report call me a taxi January 8, 2015 1:08 AM GMT
Angel Gabrial   
07 Jan 15 23:43 
But i thought your wife wanted to return to her tribe Taxi?

What am I supposed to do now?

Raise a feeble laugh as if I've never seen a post like that before in over a decade on here, or have one of your imaginary meltdowns?
Report call me a taxi January 8, 2015 1:09 AM GMT
Slippy

sibaroni said that when he took his son to Africa he felt safer than in the UK.

Which illustrates quite clearly how nuts you have to be, to become a Lib-Dem.
Report rob_dylan January 8, 2015 1:54 AM GMT
Just to add a bit of balance I thought "The Knight"'s post at 22:59 was a load of doom mongering b.ollox.   Jesus you look at the way the punks carried on in the 70s and 80s and today's youth are an absolute delight.  Basically boring, whinging old gits have always blamed the kids as they, for some reason, all too soon forget they were kids themselves once.  I look at my old schoolmates from back in the day, myself included, and we were a right rag tag bunch.  Didn't know our @rse from a hole in the ground.  Couldn't promise we were all polite, well mannered, smartly turned out non binge drinking models of society but twenty odd years on we are all doing alright basically.  Kids are kids whether it be the 1920s, 1940s, 1970s or 2010s.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com