Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Leopard
06 May 14 12:21
Joined:
Date Joined: 05 Apr 06
| Topic/replies: 47,811 | Blogger: The Leopard's blog
Entertainer Freddie Starr will not be prosecuted following allegations of sex offences, the Crown Prosecution Service has said.

There was "insufficient evidence" to prosecute, the CPS said.

Mr Starr has been on bail after being arrested by detectives investigating allegations of sexual abuse as part of Operation Yewtree.

He was first questioned in November 2012, and has always denied any wrongdoing.

Baljit Ubhey, the Chief Crown Prosecutor of CPS London, said the case had been "carefully reviewed".

'Writing to complainants'
But there was not enough evidence to prosecute after allegations by 13 individuals, she said.

The complainants have been told of the decision by the CPS, which "will be writing to them to more fully explain our decision".

Baljit Ubhey added: "Each allegation was considered on its own merits and we have concluded that the available evidence does not offer a realistic prospect of conviction for any of the alleged offences.

"In relation to one further complainant, we have decided that although there is sufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction, according to the Code for Crown Prosecutors, a prosecution would not be in the public interest.

"It must be remembered that a determination by a prosecutor that there is sufficient evidence to prosecute under the Code does not mean that the suspect is guilty of the offence."

Operation Yewtree is an inquiry into allegations of historical sexual abuse linked to the entertainment industry.

It was launched in 2012 after it emerged the late BBC Radio One DJ and television presenter Jimmy Savile had abused hundreds of young people and children over more than five decades.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 35
By:
Ken Masters
When: 06 May 14 12:22
Quite right too, he ate it, he didn't shove it up his arse. Richard Gere should be in the dock imo.
By:
Crisp77
When: 06 May 14 12:25
With a bit of good PR he could be back on primetime TV.
By:
The Leopard
When: 06 May 14 12:28
He's up for the pilot of Live Executions - Live !

(I hear)
By:
the.mad.dog.man
When: 06 May 14 12:48
all those women will have to look elsewhere now for money
By:
kenny mann
When: 06 May 14 12:49
yeh, who's next?
By:
Ken Masters
When: 06 May 14 12:53
Probably a retired boxer.
By:
The Leopard
When: 06 May 14 13:02
You threw that in like a banana on a football pitch !
By:
kenny mann
When: 06 May 14 13:04
I used to do a bit of boxing Ken.
By:
kenny mann
When: 06 May 14 13:16
Ken Masters
Ken Masters 06 May 14 12:53 Joined: 01 Apr 04 | Topic/replies: 11,975 | Blogger: Ken Masters's blog
Probably a retired boxer.


Only took me 20 mins

Laugh
By:
naydam
When: 06 May 14 13:16
Mad dog man. I suppose that it IS possible that all the charges are false. I must say that, personally, I wouldn't see that as a 'value' bet.
By:
kincsem
When: 06 May 14 13:44
Embarrassing for a male to be told "insufficient evidence" Laugh
By:
Hound-Dog-2
When: 06 May 14 13:55
" I suppose that it IS possible that all the charges are false. I must say that, personally, I wouldn't see that as a 'value' bet."

LOL

Before he was famous he was a singer/comedian at the Cavern Club early years when the Beatles were there. (Freddie Starr and the Midnighters)  He would do great impresonations of Billy Fury and Elvis. But he was totally uncontrollable.  He was fun, but he would go over the top so many times.
By:
Percy Filth
When: 06 May 14 18:41
Just seen him on the news, he look about 90 years old
By:
kenny mann
When: 06 May 14 18:42
yes, looked terrible.
By:
cardifffc
When: 06 May 14 21:23
percy.........he said he wants to get back on stageSadSad
By:
akabula
When: 06 May 14 21:46
Why was he named? Why not interview him first? He's obviously suffered badly from the stress of it all.
By:
dewey
When: 06 May 14 22:02
As much as I dislike him intensely - I do believe he had the brains to chose very carefully.
By:
moisok
When: 06 May 14 22:56
the cps is corrupt
they still couldnt leave it alone

still left one doubt in everyone's mind   'there is one case'

then why dont you go for it you coonts  - what is up with them

starr should sue them
By:
cardifffc
When: 07 May 14 09:23
dewey.........how can you hate someone youve never met??
By:
Howdi
When: 07 May 14 09:25
brains to choose what.....
By:
Hound-Dog-2
When: 07 May 14 10:35
accused of assaults on 14 women ..... not enough evidence to continue with 13 of the charges ...... and 'not in the public interest to take the other one to trial' ..... despite there being sufficient evidence to prosecute. 

I don't get that (?).  IF there was a realistic prospect of conviction why was it dropped.  And 'not in the public interest' what does that mean (?)
By:
cardifffc
When: 07 May 14 10:37
cant see him recovering from this........be surprised if he is alive this time next yearSadSad
By:
Angel Gabrial
When: 07 May 14 11:11
What a way to end it all, a nervous wreck of a man. At 71 he must feel as though he is in hell.
By:
Percy Filth
When: 07 May 14 14:13
It doesn't seem to have affected his appetite.

Although he looked bad, Im sure a lot of it was put on.
By:
cardifffc
When: 07 May 14 14:32
percy....he looked dreadfull
By:
Percy Filth
When: 07 May 14 14:50
Yes, I said in my first post, never said he wasn't ill.
By:
Aunty Post
When: 07 May 14 15:00
He is in a shocking state! I would like to see how he was, before the start of the investigation.
By:
cardifffc
When: 07 May 14 15:04
aunty.......they have a photo in one of the papers
By:
RickiBobby
When: 07 May 14 16:54
Before and after shot on the front page of the mail ,health deteriorated so much " he needed a wheel chair during the investigation".
Looks in a dreadful state.
By:
curious-cat
When: 07 May 14 20:10
I knew someone who told me he was vile .. and that was over 30 years ago ... had no reason to disbelieve her.
By:
Facts
When: 08 May 14 03:28
Angel Gabrial     07 May 14 11:11 
What a way to end it all, a nervous wreck of a man. At 71 he must feel as though he is in hell.




I'm sure all of the women  who he has assaulted in the past, feel much the same way..
By:
akabula
When: 08 May 14 13:25
Do you mean all the women who threw themselves at him and are smelling a nice wee pile of compo?
By:
Sparrow Hawk
When: 08 May 14 13:49
I'm sure all of the women  who he has assaulted in the past, feel much the same way..



Who the fek do you think you are.Judge.Jury and Executioner ?

Do you not understand the concept of due process ?

The bloke has not even been charged you idiot
By:
what do i do now?
When: 08 May 14 14:15
I was once falsely accused of indecent assault by an ex-girlfriend. I was on bail for more than three months before the test results came back and proved my innocence. They were the worst three months of my life. God knows what the stress must be like for a man in his 70s who goes through it and his name is made public.
By:
Burton-Brewers
When: 15 Jun 15 18:12
Freddie is suing the woman for libel who accused him of abusing her, trial started today.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com