Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pandora1963
30 Sep 13 13:56
| Topic/replies: 22,602 | Blogger: pandora1963's blog
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/sep/30/iain-duncan-smith-sick-disabled-benefits

ARBEIT MACHT FREI

WELCOME TO TORY BRITAIN FOLKS,DOESN'T IT MAKE YOU PROUD TO BE BRITISH
Pause Switch to Standard View too sick to work or...
Show More
Report Ampleforth September 30, 2013 1:57 PM BST
I have never been particularly proud to be British to be honest....
Report G1_Jockey_4 September 30, 2013 2:01 PM BST
get a sick note from the doc imo.

bit of a pain having to get one every month mind.
Report Burton-Brewers September 30, 2013 2:13 PM BST
a bit of work will make them feel much better
Report akabula September 30, 2013 2:40 PM BST
If I had my way kids would still be sweeping chimneys. Lazy wee b*st*rds now.
Report naydam September 30, 2013 3:00 PM BST
Not enough chimneys to make a decent wage. Sad
Report Dr Crippen September 30, 2013 3:19 PM BST
Can't be bad though can it, having an minor ailment that guarantees a life on benefits without having to work.

I see countless people walking about carrying aids that are intended to help them walk.
Most of them are merely pretending to use them. You can see they aren't putting any weight on them.
I call it swinging the DSS sticks.

I bet they perform differently when they're being assessed for their benefits.
Report xmoneyx September 30, 2013 3:22 PM BST
Edinburgh council,checking who has sky,and detucting benefits to the monthly amount

fair cop
Report akabula September 30, 2013 3:28 PM BST
@ naydam

Who said anything about paying them!
It would cover the cost of their schooling. Devil
Report Angel Gabrial September 30, 2013 3:29 PM BST
People will deliberately break bones, drink poison and  climb into a hornets nest rathet than spend all day looking the clock in a factory while packing boxes.
Report Tony Broke September 30, 2013 3:49 PM BST
good idea, angel,can I try all three?
Report Angel Gabrial September 30, 2013 3:53 PM BST
I wouldn`t recommend it Tony and great consideration needs to be taken in determining in which order you should attempt.
Report Angel Gabrial September 30, 2013 3:55 PM BST
Electrocution has been known to be a barrier to avoid being sanctioned Tone. Especially high voltage ones that melt the fingers and face.
Report mobo September 30, 2013 4:02 PM BST
send 'em in on their crutches.  Trouble is all the millions of foreigners have got the jobs.
Report rogerthebutler September 30, 2013 4:13 PM BST
I thought the foreigners were here to scrounge our benefits?

Make your mined up.
Report boxingthefox September 30, 2013 4:14 PM BST
No IEDs here please.Laugh
Report lfc1971 September 30, 2013 4:19 PM BST
The country can`t afford to have all these people in jobs, even if there was work(which there isn`t)

It will make companies even less competative and ruin the economy(if it wasn`t already)
Report yeahyeahwhatever October 1, 2013 4:50 AM BST
re:Angel Gabrial  30 Sep 13 15:29   
People will deliberately break bones, drink poison and  climb into a hornets nest rathet than spend all day looking the clock in a factory while packing boxes.

you're right, and that's what I don't get about this latest Tory scheme.  it seems as though your options are to do one of the following:

(a) work 30 hours for the community
(b) visit the job centre every day
(c) go into treatment for drink/drugs

well aren't those who are just determined to remain unemployed going to opt for the drink/drugs counselling?
Report Angel Gabrial October 1, 2013 8:24 AM BST
And just to add many of these unemployed with variant mental illness disorders are likely to be a danger in the work place.

Where do companies stand on health and safety/claims when there is an accident involving one of the slower thinking types or slower moving types in the workplace?

You have registerd as having mental health issues and forced into a placement of work...guess what, there will be accidents. Another loophole in the making i feel.
Report Dotchinite October 1, 2013 10:21 AM BST
You are right. The loophole of claiming a mental illness to avoid work is well used.
Report Angel Gabrial October 1, 2013 10:27 AM BST
Dotch

Loopholes evolve until there is absolute slavery.

`We want slavery!! we want slavery!!`
Report SqueezeFirmly October 1, 2013 3:01 PM BST
I read of somebody who ATOS passed fit for work.

He appealed, but in the meantine he said 'If I get injured I won't sue my employer, I'll sue ATOS'

He allegedly won the appeal,and went back on to benefit.
Report Angel Gabrial October 1, 2013 3:26 PM BST
Bump into a few customers, lose your balance and tip over a pallet, smash this, smash that...ouch....`i am registered with anxiety issues, i did tell you about my blackouts.....`
Report Angel Gabrial October 1, 2013 3:28 PM BST
These people would be better on an allotment growing there own produce...out of the way. Meet them in the middle..job done..nohalmdone.
Report Navel-Gazer October 1, 2013 3:39 PM BST
AG - sorry for the pedantry but it's 'Nohalmdun' Devil
Report History Maker October 1, 2013 3:48 PM BST
Housing Benefit!

JSA is a trifle compared to it, but a very easy target.

How did this nation end up in a situation in which a hefty chunk of its non-working population get to live in pretty much the same houses (doing f*ck all) as couples who work their tits off pulling a combined 90-hour week happen?
Report Ron Pillock October 1, 2013 4:00 PM BST
Exactly, JSA is small compared to HB and many of the people getting HB are working to subsidise their low wages....so tax payers are paying the mortgages of the BTL landlords
Report naydam October 1, 2013 4:07 PM BST
Akabula. Thy don't need no schooling, but you've got to feed the little buggers! Happy
Report History Maker October 1, 2013 4:09 PM BST
To RP

Yup. But if that bubble bursts, we're all f*cked.

People complain about rich Russians and Chinese buying all our property, but thank God they are.

The problem that governments have is a pants-wetting yes-sir yes-sir attitude to home owners who won't countenance new building in their county, let alone their parish.

The country's not full. Not even remotely. The only real, real strategic problem immigration throws up is water. The rest is easy. Or should be. Just spend the money that we're spunking on defence and welfare on the only two things that really matter - education and infrastructure.
Report sideshowbob October 1, 2013 4:13 PM BST
if you dont like it, move
Report Angel Gabrial October 1, 2013 4:27 PM BST
AG - sorry for the pedantry but it's 'Nohalmdun' Cry

Stupidly NG i also backed him to beat See You Then...so i should have never made such a ricket.
Report cdog October 1, 2013 4:29 PM BST
Just spend the money that we're spunking on defence and welfare on the only two things that really matter - education and infrastructure.

I would suggest health matters even more than those two. Because a healthy nation is a happy nation. (and vice versa)
Report naydam October 1, 2013 4:37 PM BST
I can't really see that forcing somebody to cook/care for the elderly would work very well. There are enough horror stories involving those who do it for pay.
God knows what would end up in their food...I've heard too many tales of snot and phlegm in peoples' meals. Sad
Report boxingthefox October 1, 2013 4:40 PM BST
Spot on naydam, anyone caring for the elderly/vulnerable should be vetted, and trained, yet another half baked headline grabber.
Report Clungehungry October 1, 2013 4:43 PM BST
Sad to say I still know of more people abusing the system than claiming justly. The comparison to Nazi death camps is as lazy, stupid and offensive as they are.
Report Navel-Gazer October 1, 2013 4:52 PM BST
Clunge - I certainly don't!
I know plenty of people really on their arses with no options to get out of their sewers.

AG - I suppose you won't be pleased to hear that this after-timer backed See You Then at 16/1 Mischief
AND I was there too...my only visit to The Festival.
Report guinness2dear October 1, 2013 5:24 PM BST
God knows what would end up in their food...I've heard too many tales of snot and phlegm in peoples' meals

You forgot what comes out of their wangers..
Report naydam October 1, 2013 5:46 PM BST
I didn't. I just omitted the thought. SadSadWhoops
Report Navel-Gazer October 1, 2013 5:56 PM BST
Chunky Mark's my source of information Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liw1W7Rr8vc
Report Arleystation October 1, 2013 6:03 PM BST
It's an amazing concept, isn't it?

Receiving money for doing something.
Report s.kenbo October 1, 2013 6:20 PM BST
Unfortunately, the ones who see the dole as a career choice are spoiling things for the people who genuinely need the help.

People who have never worked a day in their life shouldn't be handed money on a plate as easily as they do now. Its all one big pisstake yet they have no shame, some are even proud of the fact!

And don't get me started on sickness benefit, many people claiming that are lying through their teeth.
Report Angel Gabrial October 1, 2013 6:25 PM BST
People who have never worked a day in their life shouldn't be handed money on a plate as easily as they do now. Its all one big pisstake yet they have no shame, some are even proud of the fact!

Totally agree and sooner or later Prince Edward will be sanctioned.
Report s.kenbo October 1, 2013 6:39 PM BST
^^^ LaughLaughLaugh
Report STUDYFORM October 1, 2013 7:20 PM BST
And don't get me started on sickness benefit, many people claiming that are lying through their teeth.

And very many are not. Yet their income (and it isn't much) is being taken from them.
Report s.kenbo October 1, 2013 7:29 PM BST
As I said earlier, the shirkers, the liars and the cheats, spoil things for the genuine claimants. I'm afraid they all get tarred with the same brush.
Report Burton-Brewers October 1, 2013 7:32 PM BST
can't they all be thrashed everyday?
Report Shanelee1966 October 1, 2013 7:35 PM BST
A good beating never hurt nobody bb.
Report Angel Gabrial October 1, 2013 7:39 PM BST
You would need to employ someone to do the thrashing.

Capita would probably get the contract rather than it being an opportunity for the smaller Birching companies. Facking Tories and their Corporate outsourcing back alley deals!
Report boxingthefox October 1, 2013 7:52 PM BST
Seems like the Tory plan to concentrate only on one aspect of this countries free for all is working, while we are talking about this, which is quit right, lets not forget the still unfettered Banking culture, the Philip Greens etc,who take billions out of the country without paying on penny in tax, overseas aid and so on, the list is too numerous to mention here. Perhaps someone who is more up to date with this would care to comment, I've stopped listening to (career) politicians, as they couldn't lie straight in bed.
Report SqueezeFirmly October 2, 2013 2:49 AM BST
There is £16billion a year that sits in the welfare coffers unclaimed.

People who don't know they could claim, people who cant be arsed.
Report speedypro October 3, 2013 1:10 PM BST
Just supposing you are too ill to work. Methinks this means you are too ill to be on a computer facebooking and blogging. If you can do these tasks then you can be working. I saw one candidate on the news furiously compiling an email of complaint at harsh benefit treatment. If you can do this you can do a job.
Report Dotchinite October 3, 2013 1:18 PM BST
Its hilarious that there is even a debate on this. Doesnt everyone agree that genuine disabled people should be well looked after and people trying it on should have their money removed and made to do something useful.

The real disgrace is the fact we cannot find a Govt or Civil servants capable of implementing this in a reasonable way.
Report SqueezeFirmly October 3, 2013 5:39 PM BST
speedypro
03 Oct 13 13:10   
Just supposing you are too ill to work. Methinks this means you are too ill to be on a computer facebooking and blogging. If you can do these tasks then you can be working. I saw one candidate on the news furiously compiling an email of complaint at harsh benefit treatment. If you can do this you can do a job.

Is that right?

How about somebody who did a manual job, but now has no legs?

Can't he post on here either?
Report Angel Gabrial October 3, 2013 6:06 PM BST
No legs - no excuse

Could still work on the check - out.

No arms - well you are probably safe.
Report Burton-Brewers October 3, 2013 6:34 PM BST
rubbish they could work at a vineyard treading grapes
Report Angel Gabrial October 3, 2013 6:46 PM BST
How do they open the door to leave the house?
Report Howdi October 3, 2013 6:56 PM BST
I think the tories are doing a sterling job
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? October 3, 2013 9:17 PM BST

Oct 3, 2013 -- 7:10AM, speedypro wrote:

What a stupid reply. Never heard of mental disabilities?

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com