Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Mr Eboue
25 Jun 13 20:54
| Topic/replies: 26,470 | Blogger: Mr Eboue's blog
Absolutely heart broken.
I never could be bothered with the relationship thing until I met this beautiful girl. We went for a drink and were in love straight away. A more beautiful girl you could not imagine. Think Keira knightly on a good day and you'd be somewhere close.

She came from a pretty poor family but has grafted her arse off to get a really good job. She's mature beyond her years and in the 3 and a bit years we were together I dont think she ever moaned about anything. It was only a few months ago we were talking about engagement. My parents and the rest of my family loved her. I thought everything was perfect.

She told me 2 weeks ago that it was all over. At first I started to laugh cause I thought she was joking! The last fortnight has been Hell. I've always been a firm upper lip kinda guy but I've been a total mess. If it wasn't for the help of my sister and best mate God knows what I would have done....

We were due to go on holiday this Friday. That's been cancelled. Have to move out of the house. All this ****.

She says we've grown apart. She is a few years younger than me and says she wants time to be on her own again.

I honestly thought I would marry this girl and have children with her.

Please no one make a joke about her getting off with the milkman or something. I think I'd probably do myself in.

Cry
Pause Switch to Standard View Split up with girlfriend of 3 1/2 years.
Show More
Report The Leopard June 28, 2013 12:14 AM BST
Yes.... we've done well there...
Report Emden June 28, 2013 12:16 AM BST
I'm sure Mr E will be delighted. Well done all
Report Makybe_Diva June 28, 2013 12:51 AM BST
Laugh
Report Deltâ June 28, 2013 11:06 AM BST
TiptheOdds

6.15 Chester -

you having a bet>?
Report portmanpark June 28, 2013 11:28 AM BST
mr eb.........you said shes younger than you......have you thought about dating her mother
Report The Leopard June 28, 2013 12:07 PM BST
Mr. E....it's just banter (in case there is any truth in your tale)...
Report Facts June 28, 2013 12:57 PM BST
Burton-Brewers     26 Jun 13 22:51 
his taste isn't good enough to play those

Not like yours eh ? Bubbles fan !!!
Report budapest June 28, 2013 1:01 PM BST
Mr  E ---------- i could be wrong but my NEW gf family told me about this thead and said thein daughter was the girl in question.If they re correct (a friend of their daughtera told them) then what you say is correct ,she is a great girl, a mature sensible one and infact made me wait till the 2nd date for a good shag, which she said she needed,so that may of been the problem; i do feel she may get back with you ,especially as i intend to dump her soon, now i have had her.Good Luck.
Report SqueezeFirmly June 28, 2013 1:03 PM BST
3 days gone since the start of this thread.

I'd have shagged at least one other bird by now.
Report The Leopard June 28, 2013 1:10 PM BST
You know Emu's don't count, don't you...?
Report Facts June 28, 2013 1:11 PM BST
yeh - a turkey out of the freezer Laugh
Report Facts June 28, 2013 1:11 PM BST
Laugh
Report HRH The Lager Khan June 28, 2013 1:52 PM BST
He wouldn't care. He probably shagged Emu even when Rod Hulls hand was still inserted.
Report SqueezeFirmly June 28, 2013 2:00 PM BST
Harsh, but fair
Report smithy91 June 28, 2013 2:09 PM BST
angel gabrial-shag her out of your mind or else you will just keep waanking over your ex, which just delays your progress. LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughclass
Report DonNo1 June 28, 2013 3:17 PM BST
The last place you should be wasting time is POF.  Get out there and meet new birds when you're ready.  Trying to chat up a 3/10 online who thinks she's an 8 because she gets spammed by a load of desperate twats everyday isn't going to do anything for your confidence
Report HRH The Lager Khan June 28, 2013 3:23 PM BST
She probably would for the price of a decent meal and a night in a nice hotel.
Report Tommy Toes June 28, 2013 3:51 PM BST
I wish you well Mr Eboue.

Only you will know how to react to what's happened.
Everyone is different.

Trust your instincts - don't go by others.
Report Facts June 28, 2013 5:10 PM BST
^ correct
Report Jimmy Diamond June 28, 2013 9:00 PM BST
Been through the same thing Eboue. Just want to echo much of the advice on here and absolutelly dont contact her. Cut all ties, its the only way. Get out and play the field, have a laugh about it and remember there are worse things happening in the world than your situation.

I have seen a hell of a lot of breakups of long term relationships where the woman walks out on the guy.........and what i would say is true in 90% of cases is that there is almost certainly someone else she is seeing or got her eye on. I know you dont want to hear that but id be suprised if it wasnt true. Women dont leave long term stable relationships unless there is another option to go to.
Report Deltâ July 1, 2013 4:03 PM BST
first of a new month - new start etc....

are you back together?
Report very-valuable July 1, 2013 5:52 PM BST
i know this sounds harsh, but cutting your self up over a bird is simply not worth it, get your shagging boots on and get out there again and enjoy life, in a couple of years you will look back and know i was right.
Report Steamship July 3, 2013 12:52 PM BST
Any news MR Eboue?
Report guinness2dear July 3, 2013 12:54 PM BST
He's currently nursing a blood orange coloured wanger...

Good lad..
Report DONEMYLOT July 3, 2013 1:02 PM BST
are you Rory McIlroy?
Report polybot July 3, 2013 1:04 PM BST
"He's currently nursing a blood orange coloured wanger..."

his or someone else's?
Report zilzal1 July 3, 2013 1:15 PM BST
Lets hope he went on Holiday then

Got to thank him as ive just returned from a week on Gozo as he recommended it to me, had a really relaxing time and id like to think that Karma will bring him some smiles back into his life.

Failing that id hope he meets a right dirty bint soonPlain
Report Steamship July 3, 2013 2:10 PM BST
Gozo looks lovely zilzal
Report zilzal1 July 3, 2013 2:50 PM BST
Stayed here and would recommend it http://www.bluewatersgozo.com/home.html Cant go wrong for £245 Euros for a weeks stay, guy sorted out the Cab from Airport to the Ferry and picked us up the other side, same on the return and cost an extra 70 Euros

Very laid back tranquil place, good eating and not that expensive
Report Mr Eboue July 3, 2013 5:15 PM BST
Great stuff Zil. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Happy

I've been at my parents for a few nights. Had a great game of golf with my old man earlier. Had a few nice walks in the country to clear my head.

Feel a million per cent better than 2 weeks ago. She's buggered off to Barcelona with her fat pig of a friend.

I've been very lucky to have had so many people look after me this past fortnight.
Report Howdi July 3, 2013 7:49 PM BST
good lad eboue you've always been one of my favs Love
Report Makybe_Diva July 3, 2013 7:54 PM BST
You have a good positive mental attitude, Mr Eboue.

I'm really pleased you're feeling better Happy
Report Crisp77 July 3, 2013 8:50 PM BST
Good old Mr E Love

I knew he'd be 'right back' on form.
Report Mr Eboue July 3, 2013 8:55 PM BST
Very good Crisp!

Keeping busy is the key I think. Too much time with your own thoughts is dangerous.
Report Crisp77 July 3, 2013 8:57 PM BST
I know...make sure you don't go down the route of making up weak puns all day Devil Blush
Report Howdi July 3, 2013 8:58 PM BST
Report • Quote • Block User Mr Eboue • July 3, 2013 8:55 PM BST
Very good Crisp!

Keeping busy is the key I think. Too much time with your own thoughts is dangerous.

You don't need to tell Crispy that!Laugh
Report Mr Eboue July 3, 2013 9:01 PM BST
LaughLaugh
Report Howdi July 3, 2013 9:02 PM BST
response to follow (1.01)
Report Crisp77 July 3, 2013 9:32 PM BST
The response the minute before your post will do Sad
Report Mr Eboue July 3, 2013 9:34 PM BST
Love Crisp
Report dr . atkins July 3, 2013 9:48 PM BST
marier i loved a girl called marier
Report prepared83 July 3, 2013 10:59 PM BST
glad to hear your doing alright eboue. You may feel worse when villa take three points off you opening day though Cool
Report DONEMYLOT July 4, 2013 10:34 AM BST
with her fat pig of a friend

Wondered where my wife had gone for a week
Report eaglewardy July 4, 2013 11:45 AM BST
Glad you enjoyed Gozo Zilzal,I was there myself 28/29/30 June.Bit windy,but had a lovely weekend (fantastic meal in Xlendi on Sat night).Live in Malta and would recommend a trip to Gozo to anyone,especially those who need an bit of peace and quiet and are not in a rush to do anything.
Report zilzal1 July 4, 2013 1:18 PM BST
Cheers Eagle, really impressed with the Bus and Ferry Services, for E 2.60 i got a day ticket that took me all over the Island and did all the Tourist bit over a couple of days, twas a bit windy, but it helped keep it a little cooler
Report MC560 dn July 11, 2013 9:47 PM BST
a week on since last update, hows it going Mr E.

Pulled yet?
Managed to avoid her?
Not called her up after a few beers?

Hope you're still moving on.
Report Mr Eboue July 11, 2013 10:05 PM BST
That's a quite incredible coincidence Shocked

She's been round tonight and left about 5 mins ago.

She was picking the last of her stuff up. We actually chatted for a good hour about stuff. I spent the first week after she dumped me living in some sort of denial. I just wanted to go back in time and change things. I've realised now what happened, happened for a reason. I had a great week at my parents last week which really helped. Had a few games of golf with the old man and had a couple of cracking BBQ's. The difference in my attitude from 3 weeks ago is huge. I found it hard to eat at first but I'm eating like a King now. The help and advice from my best mate and sister especially really has been the difference.

I'm still hurting ( my lip was going when she said goodbye ). But I've come to terms with it now. she'll make some lucky bugger a very happy husband one day.

Thanks so much for your concern mate.
Report MC560 dn July 11, 2013 10:15 PM BST
Yup, strange coincidence Mr Eboue. Its almost like I'm outside watching you! er im not btw.

Obviously it is still hard but at least now you've seen after a few weeks that there ARE other things in life so you don't just zone in on her and think she is the be all and end all.

I'm interested as to whether she did end it because of what her friend said. If that IS partly the case, maybe she isn't quite the woman you thought, and is perhaps more shallow than you had given her credit for.
Report Mr Eboue July 11, 2013 10:32 PM BST
Yeah that had crossed my mind. I'd tended to always give her the benefit of the doubt and always see the best in her. But, like you say, I might have been naive.

We promised to keep in touch but I'm not going to make any serious efforts to get into contact. A text message at Christmas maybe. I really wish her well but I cant spend too much time with her otherwise I'll want to get back with her.
Report ZEALOT July 11, 2013 10:32 PM BST
you sound like you are very serious --- learn to chill out ffs
Report annie. July 11, 2013 10:33 PM BST
I am so glad that you are parting friends. 

You never know you could be the 'lucky bugger' that she ends up with.  Today is not like our parents time, with facebook etc she will always be able to find you when the 'fun' has worn off and she wants to start a family. Even if not then, perhaps when you are both old and grey, although judging by the men on here you would not want her then!
Report ZEALOT July 11, 2013 10:34 PM BST
face fook
Report Facts July 11, 2013 11:07 PM BST
what a charming man you seem zealot
Report Kriskin July 11, 2013 11:35 PM BST
Mr E - no need to contact her at Christmas are any other time.  I'm in my 30's now happyily engaged and settled down.  I've never kept in contact with any of my ex's.  Why would u keep in touch with them?  You have plenty of real friends to knock about with.  Staying friends with an ex especially one who u were in love with makes NO sense.  Move on as u are doing and everything will fall into place.

Good luck
Report The Leopard July 11, 2013 11:41 PM BST

Jun 27, 2013 -- 11:22PM, The Leopard wrote:

This from OP makes it obvious he has made it up :Please no one make a joke about her getting off with the milkman or something. I think I'd probably do myself in.No one on chit has girlfriends....except me ...oc...

This from OP makes it obvious he has made it up :

Please no one make a joke about her getting off with the milkman or something. I think I'd probably do myself in.

As I said before....you would not say that if it had really happened !

QED

Report FlowerMyth July 12, 2013 12:23 AM BST
She's mature beyond her years [6 pages later] I might have been naive.

Woman in fall from impossibly high pedestal shocker.
Report Java July 12, 2013 11:32 AM BST
"Today is not like our parents time, with facebook etc she will always be able to find you when the 'fun' has worn off and she wants to start a family."

Are you seriously suggested that Eboue should stick around as backup, so she can settle down with him after her looks have faded and she can no longer attract the virile stallions at the disco?
Report Java July 12, 2013 11:33 AM BST
"suggesting"
Report Howdi July 12, 2013 11:37 AM BST
text message at xmas a big no no - set you back months eboue
Report HRH The Lager Khan July 12, 2013 11:56 AM BST
Wait and act all blase. It will hack her off in time if she starts to think her powers over you are waning. Then eventually when she gets you back in to bed just to prove to herself that she still can, you can do all the depraved stuff you didn't dare try when you had to look her in the eye whilst getting dragged round Sainsbury's and Ikea the next day.
Report Howdi July 12, 2013 11:59 AM BST
bet you've had a few birds hrh.....
Report HRH The Lager Khan July 12, 2013 12:02 PM BST
Nope, just eventually learnt through the vast number of crass errors I've made with those I have been with! If I knew back then what I know now etc.
Report Howdi July 12, 2013 12:05 PM BST
lol. Yes getting older isn't all sh1t Laugh
Report HRH The Lager Khan July 12, 2013 12:10 PM BST
Indeed. Wisdom in the cold light of day, but after a few beers I revert to type and turn in to a born again teenager. Excited
Report The Leopard July 12, 2013 12:12 PM BST
Jesus has got a lot to answer for !
Report HRH The Lager Khan July 12, 2013 12:16 PM BST
I'd rather turn to Jim Beam or Tony McCoy in my hour of need.
Report Roger The Butler July 12, 2013 1:00 PM BST
Howdi  11:37
text message at xmas a big no no - set you back months eboue

I concur. It won't be pleasant for either of you.

For you because whilst you are sat in your underpants on the sofa, with "Lonely This Christmas" playing on the radio, sending a text message of any length will cause your Bernard Matthews turkey drummers and burnt Iceland spuds to go cold.

For her because she doesn't want her phone going off during the multiple orgasms she is getting in her post festive banquet steamrollering from her new fella.

Avoid.
Report lfc1971 July 12, 2013 1:32 PM BST
Once heard it said that nobody would fall in love if they had never read about such a thing first.
Report The Bhoys July 12, 2013 5:56 PM BST
eboue hope all is well mate, u seem like a good guy. im no expert but I suggest u pull all ties with this bird.
Report Jimmy Diamond July 12, 2013 8:33 PM BST
Without sounding horrible, id bet all the money in my betting account that she has got a new bloke within 2 months, or should i say, you find out about a new bloke within 2 months. Oh and Annie, dont want to have a go at you but you talk some utter rubbish on this subject........suggesting he hangs about like some lapdog until she's had her fun, what a load of ****!!
Report Wesdag July 12, 2013 8:36 PM BST
I think this Annie person is just on a wind-up.
Report annie. July 12, 2013 10:39 PM BST
I never suggested he hangs around like a lapdog, jimmy diamond.  Indeed, if you read all I write, I told him to get someone else quick.

All I am saying is that he has LIVED  with this girl for nearly four years.  She was never a one night stand or a passing fancy.  I have lived with loads of men and still care for all of them.  Women are like that.  We don't go with men just for their looks, like men do with women.  It is far deeper than that.  That is why a woman would like to have a previous boyfriend as a friend, it seems a waste of four years otherwise.  Surely someone who has lived with you is likely to turn out a better friend than a mere acquaintance, male or female.

I just suggested that he maybe wishes her happy birthday and Christmas by text, that is all.  To me that seems like good manners, if nothing else.
Report Steamship July 12, 2013 10:46 PM BST
annie don't you think there is a difference in caring for an ex or being in love with an ex? More so if you are the one who has had their heart broken.

I think I have only been truly in love twice once is the girl mentioned earlier whilst in my 20s and the second my ex wife. It took a long time to forgive the first one but if I see her once in about 5 years then I am fine and ask how she is. Other girls that I have gone out with I'm fine because it just did not work out for whatever reason but I did not use to feel a need to keep in touch with them.
Report annie. July 12, 2013 11:05 PM BST
I don't know about love, steamship, I have never loved anyone.

One other thing, that men on here would agree with me if nothing else Laugh  Because I left them, I would often have a sexual relationship with them if I was single, many, many years after I left them.  I have never been into one night stands so it made sense to me to have sex with them rather than someone new.
Report pumphol. July 12, 2013 11:37 PM BST
Shocked
Report annie. July 12, 2013 11:43 PM BST
What bit of my post is shocking, pumphol?
Report HRH The Lager Khan July 12, 2013 11:50 PM BST
men on here agreeing with you
Report Eeternaloptimist July 13, 2013 12:39 AM BST
annie

To never have known love and perhaps never to know love seems almost unbearably sad.
Report tictacman1 July 13, 2013 1:17 AM BST
A few candidates for Dear Deirdre column /Advice..Grin All the best Mr E, hope things work out for you.
Report The Leopard July 13, 2013 1:41 AM BST
He's pulled more fish than Capt. Birdseye !
Report annie. July 13, 2013 10:36 PM BST
Laugh HRH

Eternaloptimist, what you have never had you never miss Happy
Report Capt__F July 13, 2013 10:49 PM BST
happy b'day annie
Report annie. July 13, 2013 10:52 PM BST
Why capt f, it is not my birthday, but in a few weeks.
Report Capt__F July 13, 2013 10:55 PM BST
sorry miss read
Report Mr Eboue August 10, 2013 7:39 PM BST
Saw her today, Holding hands with another guy.

1.01 landed I suppose. He looked like a right tw@t aswell. Short and going bald.

Was browsing through my emails earlier. 6 months ago she sent me a link to a jewellers website showing the engagement ring she wanted.

I could understand if she'd stumbled across my Al Qaeda membership card or something like that.... But no. Over and on to the next one in a few weeks.
Report HRH The Lager Khan August 10, 2013 7:44 PM BST
Now you can see what floats her boat, the logical next step then to win her back would seem to be to cut off your hair and legs.
Report Burton-Brewers August 10, 2013 7:49 PM BST
he's probably got a massive pecker
Report Gibberish August 10, 2013 7:53 PM BST
Hope you walked past head held high Mr.E Happy

Now you're probably wondering why you let her get so deep into your head over the last month...onwards & upwards sir!

PS - you were advised that the best 'therapy' was hair of the dog (more pu$$y) so I hope you filled your boots with a clear conscience Wink
Report Howdi August 10, 2013 8:14 PM BST
hope you are well eboue
Report Mr Eboue August 10, 2013 8:27 PM BST
Cheers Gents. Had a very pleasant week away In scotland last week ( Gleneagles on a sunny day is about as good as getting the scoop 6 in ).

It helped put my mind at rest and evaluate things.
Report Big_Issue August 10, 2013 8:35 PM BST
At least you can forget the xmas/birthday text rubbish now!

Sorry to hear she found a new love so soon though I suspect this one was lurking in the background as a replacement as previously suggested. Seeing them like that is best thing that could have happened to you, hopefully all those negative emotions and reconcilation thoughts will now evaporate. I have had a couple of similar experiences in my 20's and never married as a result, I couldn't trust anybody anymore. In my late 40's I don't regret this and the internet is great for NSA stuff if that's what you want though at your age I guess still loads of time to find the one. Good Luck.
Report prepared83 August 10, 2013 8:39 PM BST
Slap a shirt on, bit of brut and hit the town eboue. Beware benteke opening day pal WinkCool
Report Ibrahima Sonko August 10, 2013 8:40 PM BST
Hopefully you can put more time into finding Cheltenham winners now, Mr E.

Excited
Report Mr Eboue August 10, 2013 8:45 PM BST
Laugh

That'll be the day!

I actually fancy villa to do ok this season prepared. Massive for you that you kept the big man.
Report Howdi August 10, 2013 9:09 PM BST
villa on the handicap it is then.
Report prepared83 August 10, 2013 9:20 PM BST
villa +40 on the handicap with betvic. Looks big to me. Yeah the big man staying was a massive bonus.
Scored twice again today. Top 10 would not be a shock to me. Lump on lads Cool
Report Capt__F August 10, 2013 9:31 PM BST
sign of vitality all dictators small
Report A.H HUNTER esq. August 11, 2013 5:03 PM BST
Never laughed so much at a thread ,will have to come on here more often LaughLaugh.
Report Orsoncart August 12, 2013 5:37 AM BST
Good luck Mr E,
I have to agree with Judoricks analysis, but not from personal experience, as I've been married for 26 years, It could we worse I've been offered a ticket for this Saturdays match against Villa, and I said yes Laugh

Chin up Son your one of the good guys on here, and whatever you do dont forget to book your tickets to the Cheltenham festival.

Ww will be in the Cheltenham Motor club again this year ( I expect you know it), we'll be the guys on the pool table.

Pop in for a beer just ask for Al
Report Orsoncart August 12, 2013 5:43 AM BST
PS there will be a spuddie with us, he'll be the one with his bottom lip trembling, after their season is in tatters once more.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com