Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
inspiron
18 May 13 18:59
| Topic/replies: 2,546 | Blogger: inspiron's blog
Why are the parents / grandparents asking "Where were the lifeguards?

The poor child was just 5, why aren't they they asking 'Where were the parents?

We don't know the full story but if I take a 5 year old to a water park I'll make sure I have my eyes on he /she all the time while they're in the water.

Or I'm just being dumb?
Pause Switch to Standard View British Girl Drowns In Pool At...
Show More
Report The Dragon May 18, 2013 7:01 PM BST
indeed
Report Visible Cords May 18, 2013 7:05 PM BST
Its the look to blame someone else culture we live in. When my kids were young when we went to places like that in Spain etc, I would be    with them all the time, not lolling about decking drinks.
Report Burton-Brewers May 18, 2013 7:06 PM BST
they're probably in deep shock, sometimes we say and do funny things when stressed
Report sixtwosix May 18, 2013 7:07 PM BST
Same thought watching the lop sided reporting on the news .......it is the sole responsibility of the parent or guardian to look after their chidren , and if they are young & very likely not strong swimmers it should be your only thought whilst near a pool.
Report inspiron May 18, 2013 7:13 PM BST
The Grandmother speaking to Skynews.

Ms Johnson told Sky News she had been told her son was looking for the young girl when she was spotted by holidaymakers.

"A gentleman came running along with her in his arms and put her down on the floor," she said as she broke down in tears.

In a bloody waterpark you don't leave your child unattended.
Report brendanuk1 May 18, 2013 7:20 PM BST
Agree unless they got the impression it was supervised, some sort of kiddie pool thing with lifeguards, but even then you would stand and watch them just to see them having fun
Report creatureinthesky May 18, 2013 8:34 PM BST
No good can come of going to Egypt.

Terrorists.
Exploding hot air balloons.
Sharks.
Deadly wild-shytes.
Report Burton-Brewers May 18, 2013 8:40 PM BST
don't forget them curses either
Report rob_dylan May 18, 2013 8:48 PM BST
Blimey, you wouldnt want the OP next to you in the trenches.
Report rob_dylan May 18, 2013 8:48 PM BST
Wrong thread.
Report Angel Gabrial May 18, 2013 11:13 PM BST
Blimey, what happened there RobShocked
Report Angel Gabrial May 18, 2013 11:29 PM BST
Something the dad will have to play over and over again in his mind. Purgatory for him, and it should be used as a reminder to all parents.
Report lybertyne May 20, 2013 1:42 AM BST
what happened about those two who drowned in a pool in essex?
Report Clungehungry May 20, 2013 11:13 AM BST
It looks like a mistake by the parents, and I guess in their guilt they're trying to deflect blame. The truth is most parents will mess up a few times, and get away with it. When I was a kid I drank a load of petrol from a lemonade bottle that my dad had put...where we put the lemonade! Pretty sure that one's on him! I was left relatively unsupervised a lot too. People aren't perfect, accidents are accidents.
Report jed.davison May 20, 2013 11:31 AM BST
I did have you down as a bit of a petrol-drinker snakey as it happens.
Report Doctor Feelgood May 20, 2013 11:34 AM BST
^^ an expensive error if you normally drink diesel.
Report Clungehungry May 20, 2013 11:36 AM BST
lol
Report The Leopard May 20, 2013 11:42 AM BST
Isn't petrol cheaper than diesel...?
Report SqueezeFirmly May 20, 2013 12:23 PM BST
When I was a kid I drank a load of petrol from a lemonade bottle

Where did your dad normally keep lemonade, in the garage?

Drank a load????

I've tasted petrol, it's facking disgusting, a tablespoonful should have had you spitting it out.

And as you clearly didn't appear to have got the aroma of it, you need a doctor to check out your nose.

On the other hand, given your penchant for anything alcoholic, you may have thought it was a free bottle of meths and glugged it down in one.
Report Clungehungry May 20, 2013 12:30 PM BST
In the kitchen.

I'd say given it was petrol almost any amount would count as a load, but as I don't normally drink via a teaspoon (we're tough up north), I'd say a glug would be about right.

I was about 6 at the time, and not in the habit of savouring the aroma of drinks before consumption.
Report HH Sultan Vinegar May 20, 2013 12:38 PM BST
I've given you a 4 star rating for that post sparkie...
Report judorick May 20, 2013 12:59 PM BST
a teaspoonful of diesel if ingested is enough to kill you
Report billy hill May 20, 2013 3:22 PM BST
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2327399/Chloe-Johnsons-parents-say-15-year-old-sister-drowned-bought-snacks.html

Look at the picture of the grandfather, wearing a Stone Island top.  He must be the oldest football hooligan in Britain.
Report Facts May 20, 2013 6:09 PM BST
Clungehungry     20 May 13 11:13 
It looks like a mistake by the parents, and I guess in their guilt they're trying to deflect blame. The truth is most parents will mess up a few times, and get away with it. When I was a kid I drank a load of petrol from a lemonade bottle that my dad had put...where we put the lemonade! Pretty sure that one's on him! I was left relatively unsupervised a lot too. People aren't perfect, accidents are accidents.

Yeh - I guess that's OK for Madeline McCann then !!
Report Clungehungry May 20, 2013 9:58 PM BST
I wouldn't have said so, Facts, no.
Report treetop May 20, 2013 10:04 PM BST
It would be logical for a parent to ensure the child was being supervised before leaving it so young anywhere, never mind a swimming pool.
Report Angel Gabrial May 20, 2013 10:37 PM BST
The little girl was left with her 15 year old sister while both parents went to the snack bar.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com