Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
posy
03 Apr 13 17:33
| Topic/replies: 14,350 | Blogger: posy's blog
With the wishy washy justice system expect he'll be put on probation and made to attend sex therapy classes. If he goes to prison my bet is no longer than 8 years
Pause Switch to Standard View Philpott sentence ?
Show More
Report brendanuk1 April 3, 2013 5:35 PM BST
was was he guilty of? murder?
Report rob_dylan April 3, 2013 5:36 PM BST
Dnt think they will mess about... Maximum allowable surely.
Report orioles April 3, 2013 6:03 PM BST
What price/stakes are you offering, Posy?
Report rob_dylan April 3, 2013 6:06 PM BST
Manslaughter wasnt it brendan.  Tbf though he is an @rsehole and thick as mince, i dont think he intended to kill them.  Dnt know if they can lock up for life meaning life for manslaughter.  I mean huntley is eligible for parole but unlikely to get it... But he was done for murder.  He shouldnt be released ever imo.
Report A_T April 3, 2013 6:06 PM BST
banned from the forum
Report rob_dylan April 3, 2013 6:07 PM BST
Perhaps orioles could elaborate after walking the dogs.
Report brendanuk1 April 3, 2013 6:08 PM BST
he has form though in attempted murder. So 10+ for me
Report FOYLESWAR April 3, 2013 6:09 PM BST
about 12 years imo
Report Jack Hacksaw April 3, 2013 6:10 PM BST
2 years a kid...hmmmm
Report Cobblaz April 3, 2013 6:12 PM BST
Manslaughter can carry a life sentence
Report rob_dylan April 3, 2013 6:12 PM BST
Are we talking sentence hear or actual time served?
Report mad mad moon April 3, 2013 6:16 PM BST
One of the Joss Stone idiots has just been given life, with a minimum tariff of 10 yrs 8 months, so its anybodys guess.
Report Cubanpete April 3, 2013 6:19 PM BST
The state are going to be paying to house him for the rest of his life. Lock him up for life, throw away the key and don't let him have the opportunity to have any more kids.
Report rob_dylan April 3, 2013 6:21 PM BST
Some poor coont got fourteen years for impersonating a lawyer last week.
Report orioles April 3, 2013 6:25 PM BST
No, he didn't.
Report rob_dylan April 3, 2013 6:28 PM BST
I am not even gonna bother to google it because i am sure you are right.
Report orioles April 3, 2013 6:31 PM BST
I'm ALWAYS right, even when I'm wrong. That's the beauty of being a chiselling, bastard lawyer-sophist swine Happy
Report rob_dylan April 3, 2013 6:32 PM BST
Dont wind me up, ive had a good day.
Report Burton-Brewers April 3, 2013 6:34 PM BST
I will guess life for him and to serve a min of 15 years, I think she will get 10 years
Report orioles April 3, 2013 6:38 PM BST
Nosce te ipsum, as my old pupilmaster used to say, over the pheasant at his club.
Report posy April 3, 2013 6:39 PM BST
did think about pricing it up but dangerous as could be taken to the cleaners by the judge...
Report Alias April 3, 2013 6:39 PM BST
With the wishy washy justice system expect he'll be put on probation and made to attend sex therapy classes. If he goes to prison my bet is no longer than 8 years

If there was a market on this, you'd be skinned.

"If he goes to prison". A fatuous and risible remark.
Report The Bhoys April 3, 2013 6:41 PM BST
Banned from the forum? We want him to suffer but ruining his life is a bit harsh
Report CLYDEBANK29 April 3, 2013 6:41 PM BST
I recall one of my parents' neighbours bumped his wife off and fed her to the chickens and pigs.  Drove her car to the station and made out she had left him.  A long time later he was found guilty of her manslaughter, there was no body since he'd fed her to the chickens so they had to take his word for it that it wasn't premeditated and they'd simply had a fight and she'd suffered fatal injuries in a fall.  He got someat like 3-5 years and was out in no time.
Report HH Sultan Vinegar April 3, 2013 6:42 PM BST
rob I assume you're thinking of Giovanni di Stefano who was jailed for 14 years last week, but his crime of impersonating a lawyer was mixed in with fraud, deception, money laundering and another few odds and sods - so I believe.
Report rob_dylan April 3, 2013 6:43 PM BST
Well i hope killing six of your own kids gets more than fourteen years sultan.
Report HH Sultan Vinegar April 3, 2013 6:44 PM BST
yes I'd rather they made firelighters of the sh1tbag tbh
Report CLYDEBANK29 April 3, 2013 6:52 PM BST
He should get 20 to life, given the public hatred, past history and threat to the public.  I think she'll get 2-5.
Report mafeking April 3, 2013 6:53 PM BST
solicitor on 5 live yday reckoned life with a minimum term of around 15 years for mick

just about every aggravating feature going involved in this case and the fact he's already done a stretch for attempted murder will count against him too
Report rob_dylan April 3, 2013 6:53 PM BST
Maxine carr only got a couple of years i think.  Though she was only involved in the coverup iirc.
Report Blades April 3, 2013 7:31 PM BST
she did as she was told......I feel sorry for her. he was the evil, manipulative and evil one.
Report Clungehungry April 3, 2013 7:42 PM BST
That's pretty evil.
Report leazes67 April 3, 2013 9:14 PM BST
think the other defendant has done a deal with CPS/police.
Report Diamond_Joe_Quimby April 3, 2013 9:34 PM BST
How can anyone say he didnt mean to kill them?!

He could have set the fire anywhere in the house etc....but choose it at a possible point of escape for the victims.
Cold blooded murder imho
Report Hamsterdam April 3, 2013 9:38 PM BST
Don't think he'll be a very popular guy in prison either!
Report Burton-Brewers April 3, 2013 9:40 PM BST
Joe the CPS said on Radio Derby this morning that they believed it was stupidity and recklessness, I'm sure they would have gone for murder if they thought it would stick. If they had gone for murder and they were found not guilty that would have been it wouldn't it?
Report Hamsterdam April 3, 2013 9:41 PM BST
Diamond not defending the scum but he wanted to give the impression petrol was poured through the letter box so only logical place to start the fire. He had no intention of killing them but my god he deserves to be locked away for good regardless in this instance.
Report ebulGery April 3, 2013 9:59 PM BST
agree hamster
Report SirFresh April 4, 2013 3:21 AM BST
20 for him
10 for the wife
8 for the mate
Report HH Sultan Vinegar April 4, 2013 11:19 AM BST
Mick Philpott: Life with minimum term of 15 years
Mairead Philpott: 17 years
Paul Mosley: 17 years
Report Burton-Brewers April 4, 2013 11:20 AM BST
I thought the other chap would get the same as Philpott
Report pauli April 4, 2013 11:23 AM BST
I'm staggered by the leniency of these sentences which do not reflect the severity of the crimes.  I was expecting a minimum 30 or 35 years for Philpott and around 25 years for the other 2.  The tw@ts got off lightly imo.
Report posy April 4, 2013 11:45 AM BST
As i thought mealy mouthed liberal sentences....he's out after 15 years and wife and friend out after 8.5 years....where's the justice in that ?
Report Burton-Brewers April 4, 2013 11:49 AM BST
I'll also be surprised if he does not appeal
Report twizzle22 April 4, 2013 11:53 AM BST
I'm not staggered because its what always occurs in these type of cases..punishment hardly ever fits the crime theses days.As an aside why do the "media" Persist in calling these animals by there christian names..its Mick Philpot and Mairead (sic) Philpot not Mick and Mairead . as if they are both some kind of celebrities..typical of our x factor big brother culture.
Report Ylime April 4, 2013 11:55 AM BST
I hope that the prison population will make every day a living hell for these child killers...
Report twizzle22 April 4, 2013 11:57 AM BST
Should cut his knob off
Report A_T April 4, 2013 12:16 PM BST
Sentence seems appropriate given it was manslaughter. Reckless drivers who kill people frequently escape jail altogether.
Report liamcol April 4, 2013 12:20 PM BST
Have we had the chit chat obligatory "I hope the normal, salt of the earth child rapists and murderers give them a right good going over" comment yet?
Report Biscuit1979 April 4, 2013 12:22 PM BST
Be surprised if a) someone doesn't try to kill him or b) he doesn't try to kill himself.

Someone who's had a comfy life claiming benefits and doing f*ck all, isn't going to cope with life in prison.
Report A_T April 4, 2013 12:32 PM BST
Surely a sociopath like him will fit right in?
Report Sir Denis Eton-Hogg April 4, 2013 12:36 PM BST
As AT said, if u wanna kill someone make sure u do it in a car
Report Sir Denis Eton-Hogg April 4, 2013 12:37 PM BST
As AT said, if u wanna kill someone do it in a car
Report Sir Denis Eton-Hogg April 4, 2013 12:38 PM BST
Is there an echo?
Report BARROWBOY April 4, 2013 12:39 PM BST
He'll take to prison like a duck to water,snooker table,sky tv,no cooking it'll be like home from home,won't be long before his other bird is visiting to give him his conjugals.im not having it that he's thick as mince either,he's been intelligent enough to control people & rape the benefit system,probably could have been a politician if he'd set his mind to it.
Report TELL DEL April 4, 2013 12:57 PM BST
"Mick Philpott was branded a disturbingly dangerous man with no moral compass by the judge"

LIFE should mean LIFE not 15 years.  No justice there, that psycho deserves to rot in hell, worse than evil.
Report briggsyal April 4, 2013 12:58 PM BST
The ass ole will be placed on the protection wing so that no one can get at him and exercised on his own, it was stated in todays mirror that when he does eventually get out that he intends to have sex on his childrens graves, how sick is that, they should castrate him for starters, what an evil Monster, you can see by just looking at him that he is brain dead, I think he is trying to antagonise people by making those statements as he knows how the public will be sick at what he is saying,
Report Burton-Brewers April 4, 2013 1:13 PM BST
also remember this is a minimum 15 yrs if he gets paroled, he will not be considered for that until he admits his guilt
Report A_T April 4, 2013 2:11 PM BST
Yes to be out in 15 he has to be a model prisoner, show remorse and contrition, etc.
Report moisok April 4, 2013 2:11 PM BST
and they say the death penalty is wrong in our modern society

at least they wouldn't be able to do it again if they were executed
Report Steamship April 4, 2013 2:47 PM BST
I thought with manslaughter you would get 7 years so in this case I would have thought 7x6=42 years in prison for all 3.
Report Alias April 4, 2013 2:53 PM BST
Someone who's had a comfy life claiming benefits and doing f*ck all, isn't going to cope with life in prison.

He's coped with it before.
Report Alias April 4, 2013 2:56 PM BST
I'm not staggered because its what always occurs in these type of cases..punishment hardly ever fits the crime theses days.As an aside why do the "media" Persist in calling these animals by there christian names..its Mick Philpot and Mairead (sic) Philpot not Mick and Mairead . as if they are both some kind of celebrities..typical of our x factor big brother culture.

Philpott. Might as well use their proper family name too, twizzle.
Report Roquebrune April 4, 2013 4:27 PM BST
Will he get a telly to watch Jeremy Kyle on?
Report geoff m April 4, 2013 5:02 PM BST
lias  • April 4, 2013 2:53 PM BST 

He's coped with it before.
Totally different circumstances inmates will make the rest of his life hell (and deservedly so)
Report Ibrahima Sonko April 4, 2013 5:39 PM BST
so each life lost is worth less than 4 years each. Sad
Report Alias April 4, 2013 5:41 PM BST
True, but somehow I think he'll cope.
Report jed.davison April 4, 2013 6:08 PM BST
It's not a popular opinion I know, but has the wife been dealt with quite harshly here? From what I've read, it's more likely that she is also a victim of this monster, rather than a true accomplice.
Report Burton-Brewers April 4, 2013 6:41 PM BST
she'll be ok. When the other 2 go to appeal the police will do a deal with her to grass them up in exchange for parole and a new identity
Report FlowerMyth April 4, 2013 6:44 PM BST
I don't think so jed, if you read the judge's summing up in full she said that the wife portrayed herself as totally in this man's grasp, was completely besotted and did whatever he wanted, but that it came out that when he wanted to divorce her she refused to budge. She said this showed that she had the strength to refuse him when she wanted to, when it was something she didn't agree with. Refusing to endanger the lives of her kids wasn't something she felt sufficiently concerned about to stand up to him.
Report posy April 4, 2013 7:29 PM BST
doubt they'll give her a change of identity when she gets out...she'll quite rightly have to live with the consequences. Actually she may not get out of prison alive;neither might he as there'll be a strong revulsion to their crime from prisoners.
Report orioles April 4, 2013 8:39 PM BST
Are you paying out on the Over/Under?
Report Crisp77 April 4, 2013 9:53 PM BST
Just after his lifetime jail sentence Derby County FC club shop issued a profits warning.
Report posy April 5, 2013 9:15 AM BST
would have lost a lot if i'd sold the spread !
Report STEPTOES YARD April 6, 2013 11:34 AM BST
Do love how the murderers, robbers, burglars in prison suddenly feel like they have great moral grounding and are high above likes of philpott when talking of attacking him.

Not saying it would be any loss if someone did get to him but these blokes make me laugh.
Report SqueezeFirmly April 6, 2013 11:38 AM BST
One of the Facebook pages gives two picture choices.

On the left, a photo of the Philpotts with the message - £45k per year - PRISON

On the right, a photo of a rope noose with the message - £20 B&Q

I go for the latter.
Report Alias April 7, 2013 10:00 AM BST
Not saying it would be any loss if someone did get to him but these blokes make me laugh.

I can think of nicer sources of mirth, tbh.Grin
Report rob_dylan April 7, 2013 11:22 AM BST
Normally those inside go for the nonces more than anything, but they are separated.  This guy is a nasty piece of work, a bully to weak women and an idiot.  Will he not be separated because he is not a sex offender?  Not in the same league as the likes of Huntley or Whiting imo.  Having said that some of the stuff that has come out about his reaction following the fire... Karaoke, threesome in the hotel,planning to rape each other over the graves of the kids does sound like he didnt care much about his kids death much at all.
Report brendanuk1 April 7, 2013 11:50 AM BST
planning to rape each other over the graves of the kids

where did that one com from?
Report Jack Hacksaw April 7, 2013 11:57 AM BST
Direct quote from Philpott.

Seems his answer to any problems or issues in his life is to have a sh*g, without contraception.
Report PatraTheCat April 7, 2013 12:54 PM BST
He should love prison then.
Report rob_dylan April 7, 2013 1:12 PM BST
Brendan... He said it in a letter to friends.  Unbelievable.  I honestly thought he was a dangerous idiot and not a very nice person, but something weird about his reactions after his kids deaths,
Report brendanuk1 April 7, 2013 1:36 PM BST
yes very odd character
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com