Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Mc Moonbeam
01 Jan 13 18:38
| Topic/replies: 13,366 | Blogger: Mc Moonbeam's blog
are they really investor only material .. what percentage do you think just buy them to live in (and not need to live there for work etc) ?
Pause Switch to Standard View City Centre Apartments
Show More
Report bellfunk January 1, 2013 6:43 PM GMT
Bucketloads still empty in Leeds.
They build too many at the same time and oversaturate the market.
Save your money and invest in Vietnam or Burma.
Report Mc Moonbeam January 1, 2013 6:55 PM GMT
was looking at Birmingham tbh .. the rental values are decent 7.5--8% but i'd be looking to live in it for a few years & rent if i need be .. i guess there's a slight risk due to how fast it'd rent etc .. but they do all seem to rent out well to workers etc in Brum

Vietnam sounds even more risky .. but you're probably right .. just not sure i could pull that trigger Laugh
Report bix January 1, 2013 6:56 PM GMT
Huge glut all over the country and some good buys to be had but you never get over the major problem of having no control over the other tenants in the block. Just one bunch of scummy tenants let by another landlord/owner can give you big problems.
Report Mc Moonbeam January 1, 2013 6:59 PM GMT
I'd much rather trust expensive city centre to workers than a housing estate bix .. different type of renters surely ?
Report bellfunk January 1, 2013 7:11 PM GMT
Buy a guesthouse with a bar on the groundfloor in a beach resort in Burma, wait 2 years then BOOM ! Watch the sex tourist industry take off and reap the rewards in the sunshine.
Of course you will have to hand pick and "road test" your female employees' but hey, there's always a price to pay Wink
Report bix January 1, 2013 7:21 PM GMT
Mc Moonbeam
You're right but even the best apartments are vulnerable to the landlord who does a 3 year deal with the council who in turn can put in a dysfunctional family.
Report speedypro January 1, 2013 7:42 PM GMT
An apartment overlooking tower bridge in London might be worth a bit. Overlooking Leeds/ Manchester canal, errr,  no thanks.
I think they venture capaitalists had just watched Tom Hanks in the film Big in his apartment.
Report Mc Moonbeam January 1, 2013 7:44 PM GMT
1 bed bix

working proffesionals only

I am the Landlord ... Devil
Report Mc Moonbeam January 1, 2013 7:45 PM GMT
professionals even
Report Mc Moonbeam January 1, 2013 7:46 PM GMT
It might be 'worth a bit' speedy ... but you still get no rental returns in London (not that i could afford it)
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com