Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Mc Moonbeam
13 Aug 12 17:33
| Topic/replies: 13,366 | Blogger: Mc Moonbeam's blog
Ghosts , Spirits , Poltergeists etc .. 

I kinda do .. but there's never any real evidence is there  Scared
Pause Switch to Standard View Do you believe in the Paranormal ?
Show More
Report Burton-Brewers August 13, 2012 6:35 PM BST
I believe in the abnormal
Report Ovalman. August 13, 2012 6:38 PM BST
I had 2 gay ghosts in my house, kept putting the wullies up each other.
Report Mc Moonbeam August 13, 2012 6:40 PM BST
HappyHappy
Report PatraTheCat August 13, 2012 7:33 PM BST
No. I can't really see why people would believe in something despite a total lack of evidence. I don't really see much that can be explained by the paranormal tbh; normal explanations normally suffice.
Report BonVivvy August 13, 2012 7:42 PM BST
One of the many phenomena that is sadly lacking just ONE really good bit of hard evidence,though i've no doubt there is perhaps a tiny tiny% of "energy" be it paranormal/poltergeist/ghost or whatever that is unexplained to a point.

Same with UFO's we now have literally BILLIONS of camera phones the world over,a breathtaking array of camera technology in every town and city in the world yet do we have any more UFO evidence than we had in the 60's...erm NO!

The only truly enexplained paranormal activity imo is how Dereck Acorah steals a living
Report 718 August 13, 2012 8:13 PM BST
I saw Derek a while back

He'll be incandescent when he finds out he's being bad mouthed ( and he will find out, he has a sixth sense - sadly not common sense though)
Report 718 August 13, 2012 8:16 PM BST
Wasn't Ken 'cockroach' Barlow some sort of master of voodoo or something supernatural too?
Report Coachbuster August 13, 2012 8:18 PM BST
no first hand experience but have good some good stories , folk with no reason to lie
Report 718 August 13, 2012 8:20 PM BST
I heard some fairly fantastic sounding stories about Ouija boards from a fairly reliable source

He was only 16 at the time, but was absolutely convinced
Report acey deucy August 13, 2012 8:46 PM BST
You can not be serious.LaughLaugh
Report BonVivvy August 13, 2012 9:09 PM BST
I notice the famed dubunker James Randi's $1m dollar fee for anyone proving ANYHTING paranormal/psycic under regular conditions is still unclaimed.

Some of the so called psycics are so bad it's unbelievable ..but there will always be mugs waiting to part with their cash.

Derren Brown did a decent series a bit back about rumbling assorted "psycics"

Youtube some of Uri Gellers scams..now he is a total fecking charlatan..there s agreat clip of him on the old Jonny Carson show when they used their own spoons instead of Gellers (gller thought they were gonan be his) suprisingly he had "no energy" on that show.
Report BonVivvy August 13, 2012 9:10 PM BST
I think old Ken was a druid or something,though who knows what the ageing corrie lothario gets upto after dark.
Report SPOT THE DOG August 13, 2012 9:53 PM BST
Do not mess with Ouija boards

end of
Report liamcol August 13, 2012 9:58 PM BST
Absolute pish from beginning to end, money makers for charlatans, think that covers it, end of thread.
Report Mc Moonbeam August 13, 2012 10:02 PM BST
My mom reckons she did a Ouija board when younger and the glass flew off and smashed up the wall .. said it spelt out the name of her mates dead mom or nan first ...  not sure she'd lie about it

they were using a glass on Most Haunted earlier also in a derelict Jail
Report Mc Moonbeam August 13, 2012 10:04 PM BST
I know the charlatans exploit the gullable (they always will) but still doesn't mean it's all total cr@p .. does it Confused
Report 718 August 13, 2012 10:07 PM BST
McMoon - the person I spoke with wasn't lying either. They were convinced. I suggested that perhaps someone else was pushing the glass, but he said the speed that it was moving at was phenomenal.

The board ended up getting taken away and incinerated
Report Helissio August 13, 2012 10:09 PM BST
Energy cannot be created or destroyed. Where do ghosts get their energy from, and do they produce any waste products?
Report MC Roller August 13, 2012 10:11 PM BST
The late great Seve Ballesteros never believed in paranormal. Paranormal, not for me. Birdie, bogey, birdie, eagle, double bogey, birdie, bogey, bogey, birdie is normal.
Report Mc Moonbeam August 13, 2012 10:14 PM BST
I asked her the same question 718 ... she said no way def not enough for that to happen and that they kept asking it more questions that it was Answering !
Report 718 August 13, 2012 10:16 PM BST
Energy cannot indeed be created or destroyed. It can be changed from one form to another though. Nevertheless I think that the paranormal is outside the scope of physics.
Report Mc Moonbeam August 13, 2012 10:19 PM BST
everything Is Energy though Helissio ?
Report Helissio August 13, 2012 10:32 PM BST
For a ghost to move it needs energy, where does it get it from? Does it produce any waste products?
Report liamcol August 13, 2012 10:35 PM BST
liamcol 13 Aug 12 21:58 Joined: 27 Jan 02 | Topic/replies: 6,181 | Blogger: liamcol's blog
Absolute pish from beginning to end, money makers for charlatans, think that covers it, end of thread.
Report Mc Moonbeam August 13, 2012 10:37 PM BST
if ghosts exist .. then they are energy .. they don't need it
Report Mc Moonbeam August 13, 2012 10:40 PM BST
i'm not saying they do .. but that's my theory
Report Helissio August 13, 2012 10:49 PM BST

Aug 13, 2012 -- 4:37PM, Mc Moonbeam wrote:

if ghosts exist .. then they are energy .. they don't need it

Thats like saying if humans exist ... they they are energy... they don't need it

Report 718 August 13, 2012 11:02 PM BST
A ghost is an apparition. A quasi-perceptual experience. I don't think that the laws of physics apply.

Now poltergeists ....
Report Mc Moonbeam August 13, 2012 11:03 PM BST
Yes but we're living and breathing  .. so need oxygen ?

Not quite comparable imo

Energy cannot be created or destroyed. Where do ghosts get their energy from

maybe not ... and ghosts would be spirits ..  but energy is all around
Report 718 August 13, 2012 11:08 PM BST
Ghosts can walk through walls and sh!t like that

Trying to put that sort of thing into a formal scientific framework and expecting predictable and quantifiable results using equations is hoping a bit high imo
Report Helissio August 13, 2012 11:09 PM BST
Do ghosts have mass? Does the force of gravity have an effect on them?
Report 718 August 13, 2012 11:10 PM BST
Of course they bleeding don't
Report pumpkinslayertoo August 13, 2012 11:14 PM BST
The laws of physics apply to everything. Since everyone has a video phone, everything that happens gets caught on it. The most extrodinary things from around the planet. But no ghosts. It's rubbish. Most haunted proved it until they started faking things.
Report 718 August 13, 2012 11:29 PM BST
Unfortunately there's not a unified set of physics laws

Einstein's curved space doesn't fit together with the wholly different quantum approach.
Report pumpkinslayertoo August 13, 2012 11:35 PM BST
The Higgs Boson goes a long way towards sorting that out. Anyway. There is ample proof both are correct in the limit. Yet no proof of ghosts or poltergeists etc. It's a;; explainable by psychological/physical phenonom.
Report Helissio August 13, 2012 11:42 PM BST
The force of  gravity does not have any effect on ghosts? Is there anything else that gravity has no effect on?
Report 718 August 13, 2012 11:51 PM BST
I've got to admit I'm going to need someone to walk me through how the Higgs Boson can unify the laws of physics. I have serious issues  understanding quantum mechanics Sad

Ghosts being what they are supposed to be, I daresay there will never be any proof.

Poltergeists - I'm no expert on this but if physical objects are supposedly moving around then I guess that you can make a stab at explaining or not explaining instances
Report 718 August 14, 2012 12:00 AM BST
Helissio a ghost isn't physical. It isn't made of atoms like a person or a dog or a cat or a spoon

If it were then you would be able to see it all of the time (unless the atoms appeared or diasappeared at certain times )

It's existence would be easy to prove if it were made of elements from the periodic table

A ghost is an apparitional experience. Viewed through a camera it very probably can't be seen.
Report boggle August 14, 2012 12:04 AM BST
I believe in the paranormal olympics
Report 718 August 14, 2012 12:07 AM BST
The headless phantoms 400m hurdles is always the highlight for me
Report charwell. August 14, 2012 12:14 AM BST
It's an absolute load of BS, designed to prey on the vulnerable and part them from their money.

Amazing how easily they are debunked and the millions on offer to prove their powers are as yet unclaimed!
Report 718 August 14, 2012 12:33 AM BST
You're probably right charwell

Puts food on the Ancorah and Geller tables though ...
Report boggle August 14, 2012 12:40 AM BST
Geller was caught 'look-at-that-interesting-thing-over-there'-style by CCTV in restaurant once. While the old dears were distracted he bends the spoon with his hands and then presents it, see it's bent Laugh. I loved that old US show mentioned earlier where he's squirming after they fked him right up.
Report Mc Moonbeam August 14, 2012 1:00 AM BST
Big difference between a Spoon bender & a Poltergeist though

Obviously humans will always try & decieve other humans but i'm talking about the unknown .. possibly the unproveable .. or at least unproveable under Regular circumstances for $1 million Confused
Report Coachbuster August 14, 2012 1:35 AM BST
there are plenty of alledgedly haunted  properties for sale at a reduced price where the owners can't sell up ,i  wonder why the cynics aren't snapping up all these bargains ? Wink
Report Helissio August 14, 2012 11:25 AM BST

Aug 13, 2012 -- 7:35PM, Coachbuster wrote:

there are plenty of alledgedly haunted  properties for sale at a reduced price where the owners can't sell up ,i  wonder why the cynics aren't snapping up all these bargains ?

Do you have link for these properties? I did not know this was common knowledge. I must live a sheltered life.

Report pumpkinslayertoo August 14, 2012 12:46 PM BST
The rational mind doesn't always rule. Houses can still seem creepy and frightning even if you know for sure there aren't ghosts, which makes people not want to live in them.
Report abolo August 14, 2012 9:13 PM BST
My father's wife used to read future in cards, she hold it from her father but it's another story. When i was 8 (she was not then my father's wife), i saw her to do it for a female friend and she became litterally livid when she saw the cards, there was the near death of a close relative in the game. Some hours after, the friend was announced her nephew died in a motorcycle accident. Do what you want with that, me i don't know.
Report Capt__F August 14, 2012 9:25 PM BST
"Can your Chairman bend a spoon"

Exeter City Sly Crew
Report dexter_pinto August 15, 2012 3:08 PM BST
I've always believed. My mum told me about occurences that happened to her and her mum when I was quite young and I've always accepted these things.
Inexplicable things happened at my previous house, I lived there for 4 years, and things happened there that defy any rational explanation.
I'm big enough and ugly enough to know there's fakers and scammers out there preying on the gullible and the desperate, but there's enough rational people with nothing to gain who have their stories to tell too.
Report Angry Monkey August 15, 2012 4:05 PM BST
You are telling me there are grown adults (of sorts) around in this day and age suggesting that ghosts and ouija boards exist/work?! LaughLaugh

Hilarious!

And anyone who says "I heard from a mate who wouldn't lie"... They aren't necessarily lying, they may fully believe what they saw/felt but it doesn't make it true.

Just like Musilms, Christians, Jews etc can fully believe they have seen the messiah or witnessed a miracle and seen God talk to them, it doesn't mean it's true.  Their brain has simply played tricks on them or they are delusional.
Report Angry Monkey August 15, 2012 4:10 PM BST
Just to clarify, my own mum tells the story of when she and her cousin played with a ouija board and the glass moved itself and spelt something out.  She has no reason to lie and wouldn't lie to me. She does believe it happened.  The fact is that that doesn't mean it did happen.
Report boggle August 15, 2012 4:47 PM BST
I think people don't often intentionally lie, but they state things more emphatically than they probably were. For instance there was a post on here recently about someone they knew who saw an old lady in a flowery dress at a wedding who then disappeared, despite the character looking everywhere. Weeks later, looking through some old photos of the family, there she was - the late old lady in the same flowery dress.

Looked at with a bit of detachment, it's not unusual to see ladies in flowery dresses at weddings. And did this person really look everywhere for her, or did she just have a quick look and then forgot all about it, perhaps she was in the khazi or went home. And again, an old lady in a flowery dress in a photo album, I bet that's not happened often. Was it really the same one the girl was remembering seeing briefly from weeks ago in the same dress or just a generic old lady in a generic flowery dress. I bet she didn't drink anything either, at the wedding.

The truth is often that people who say they know what they saw do not have a clue about how easy it is to be deceived via the senses and are not interested in finding out, preferring the mystical explanation. Then there are those that say things are impossible, like the Ouija glass moving rapidly. The people involved probably have never tried to find out how such a thing might happen without a supernatural explanation. And again, was it really moving so fast that it was impossible for a person to be doing? I doubt it, but none of us were there to judge.

Maybe all those experiences were real and true, I don't know, but my feeling is they are little stories subtly but unintentionally made to sound more certain than they were and they usually fall apart under scrutiny.

As for the paranormal olympics, I'm still hopeful that UK will win more than its fair share of ghouled medals.
Report The Magic Flea August 15, 2012 4:53 PM BST
that's the spirit
Report man of many moods August 15, 2012 5:02 PM BST
It just ghost to show . . .
Report dexter_pinto August 15, 2012 6:01 PM BST
OK then Sherlocks...
Sitting on the sofa one afternoon, watching the telly. In front of the telly there was a pile of about 5 videos. Neatly stacked on top of each other flat, not on their sides. Been there for a few days without being touched.
As I watched the telly, out of the corner of my eye, and with the appropriate noise, the stack fell to the side.
The house had suffered from subsidence, and had been repaired by basically digging out below and filling it with concrete. The floor did not move at all. It was in a cul de sac, probably 50 yards or more from the main road so it wasn't traffic vibration. It wasnt a windy day, and even if it had been, how would wind blow that stack over and not affect anything else.
There was plenty else happened in that house that was odd to say the least, but that was one of the first things.
Report Angry Monkey August 15, 2012 6:03 PM BST
LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Angry Monkey August 15, 2012 6:04 PM BST
Is that is??

'Cos TVs have speakers which use vibration to create sound and for it to travel to your ears through the air particles!*

For one of many reasons.

Crazy
Report Angry Monkey August 15, 2012 6:04 PM BST
*it
Report pumpkinslayertoo August 15, 2012 6:30 PM BST
Research has been done that shows the longer ago something strange was reported the "grander" the story is. Innocent, non-paranormal events get exeggerated as time passes and stories heard from others about things that happenned a while ago are usually nothing like what actually occured.
Report utc August 15, 2012 6:32 PM BST
And that, ladies and gentlemen is how religion works.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com