Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Howdi
19 Jun 12 15:22
| Topic/replies: 29,355 | Blogger: Howdi's blog
Could this Frankel be the greatest of all time?
Pause Switch to Standard View Question for fans of Flat Racing (as...
Show More
Report STUDYFORM June 19, 2012 3:24 PM BST
Over its distance, yes, imo.
Report cooperman June 19, 2012 3:25 PM BST
Bit like all sporting greats it's hard to compare different era's.
Report Howdi June 19, 2012 3:25 PM BST
interesting...
Report Dr Syns Bed Chamber June 19, 2012 3:38 PM BST
Free money.
Report HH Sultan Vinegar June 19, 2012 4:13 PM BST
I've never seen anything like him. Can't wait to see him have a crack at 10 furlongs.
Report rogerthebutler June 19, 2012 5:10 PM BST
Isn't this about the time when some old f@rt looks up from his dog eared copy of Timeform and says 'Arkle' or, if he's a real (unt 'Himself' and then goes back to sleep again, secure in the knowledge he doesn't ever have to open his eyes or mind.
Report Fenway June 19, 2012 5:31 PM BST
I thought 'Himself' was Christy O'Connor.
Report twomatchpoints June 19, 2012 5:41 PM BST
Roger is correct, but youngsters may not know that Arkle wasn't a flat horse, so I hsve to point it out

Shame Frankel won't race against Black Caviar this week
Report Howdi June 19, 2012 10:52 PM BST
why do people continally knock Arkle he was the greatest.
Report naydam June 20, 2012 6:46 PM BST
Anybody who tries to belittle Arkle is a fool, in my opinion. I recall backing Mill House to beat this lump of Irish dogmeat. Mill house got stuffed!
Arkle is/was the best three mile chaser in history.

Frankel is also quite likely the best flat horse (at his distance) that we will ever see. If you see a better one, you will be a lucky man.

Frankel and Black Caviar should never race each other...there would never be a definitive result due to racing distance, travellng distance etc. One would have to lose in a totally pointless confrontation.
Report History Maker June 20, 2012 6:52 PM BST
Do you remember the mooted match between Dubai Millenium and Montjeu? Never ended up happening. I was quite excited at the time.
Report acey deucy June 20, 2012 7:01 PM BST
I have never seen a horse destroy his rivals like Frankel,i have been around a few years and nothing can touch him imho.
Report twomatchpoints June 20, 2012 8:36 PM BST
I recall a 'two horse race' many years ago when Mill Reef and My Swanee scorched along the turf at H.Q. and 'The Brig' came and did them both, at a never to be seen again price of 11/2
I recall a 'two horse race' many years ago when Mill Reef and My Swanee scorched along the turf at H.Q. and 'The Brig' came and did them both, at a never to be seen again price of 11/2
So good he beat them twice !!!
Report rogerthebutler June 21, 2012 7:44 AM BST
naydam Joined: 31 Jul 04
Replies: 4300 20 Jun 12 18:46   
Anybody who tries to belittle Arkle is a fool, in my opinion. I recall backing Mill House to beat this lump of Irish dogmeat. Mill house got stuffed!
Arkle is/was the best three mile chaser in history.

Frankel is also quite likely the best flat horse (at his distance) that we will ever see. If you see a better one, you will be a lucky man.

Frankel and Black Caviar should never race each other...there would never be a definitive result due to racing distance, travellng distance etc. One would have to lose in a totally pointless confrontation.

He isn't

Agree

Definitely agree
Report Velasquez June 21, 2012 8:34 AM BST
Can't see how he's the best ever - yet. Secretariat did it up to 1 1/2 miles, on dirt and grass, and the Belmont run was like the horse sprinted for a mile and a half. "He couldn't have went any faster if he'd fallen off the stand roof," is the famous quote. Couldn't give a monkey's about unbeaten records - on any given day, any horse can get beaten imo.

He's probably the best miler ever. You're thinking now, "Could El Gran Senor, Miesque, etc. even lay up with him?"

Congrats to Frankel's great trainer and great owner for giving the horse time to get better and better. It says a lot for Prince Khalid that he named the horse after Bobby Frankel - classy guys all-round.

Willie Carson mentioned cuttin' the hoss up - and there is that x-factor special big heart thingy, ain't there? Like Phar Lap, Secretariat, etc...I think it's meant to be passed along certain female ancestors...I think...Plain...don't cut 'im up yet...
Report twomatchpoints June 21, 2012 12:33 PM BST
The hosses heart is probably bigger than Carson's brain
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com