Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DancingBraveTheBest
06 Jun 12 22:15
| Topic/replies: 2,812 | Blogger: DancingBraveTheBest's blog
taHappy
Pause Switch to Standard View Off to Tunisia for hols.....anyone...
Show More
Report DancingBraveTheBest June 6, 2012 10:42 PM BST
Heard the weather is goodCool
Report Tess Tickle June 6, 2012 10:51 PM BST
only  been once found it ok,  read trip advisor.
Report BonVivvy June 6, 2012 10:56 PM BST
Chit Chats fav Sh1thole i'm afraid.

Cheap and hot though,there are far worse places,if you're going with a bird watch her as the locals most certainly will.

I went to Sousse it was about 5/10
Report DStyle June 6, 2012 11:00 PM BST
it's wasn't the best holiday i've ever had.
Report DancingBraveTheBest June 6, 2012 11:02 PM BST
we off to 5 star hotel half board, looks tidy to be honest.  the only thing i like having a beer on the beach but cause its a muslim country dont know if it would be acceptable?
Report History Maker June 6, 2012 11:03 PM BST
Make sure you've got your adventure sports insurance up to date - you need it for the taxis Happy
Report DStyle June 6, 2012 11:05 PM BST
i too was near Sousse. we ventured outside of the hotel walls pretty much daily, went to El Djem, visited the mosque in Hammamet, went to Tunis and monastir, went on a train journey somewhere, visited. some Souks (i would suggest avoiding the butcher streets/alleys)

the most exciting part of the holiday was a louage back from from Ej Djem, a bit like a rollercoaster ride but with the fear of death genuine and justified.

the people are generally nice so long as there's no money changing hands and your other half isn't blonde.
Report Tess Tickle June 6, 2012 11:06 PM BST
they nealy all drink two animation team blokes got the sack for been drunk.
Report DancingBraveTheBest June 6, 2012 11:14 PM BST
is there a racecourse or greyhound stadium near Hammamet cause thats where i'm staying, taHappy
Report timbucktooth June 7, 2012 4:32 AM BST
Meydan is just down the road. I understand it has a dog track inside the horse-racing course.
Report cooperman June 7, 2012 9:46 AM BST
Wouldn't go back.You will get the sh!ts.You will get ripped off.Gl with the hol, think of it as a learning experience.
Report squares June 7, 2012 9:52 AM BST
you have my sympathy Sad

where's Slippy? really someone needs to CnP his Tunisia comments so they can be posted everytime we get a Tunisia thread.
Report Do wah Diddy June 7, 2012 10:00 AM BST
I WENT TO HAMMERMET WE WERE ALL ILL,ON THE WAY BACK TO THE AIRPORT I DESPERATLY NEEDED TO GO TO THE TOILET ,I THOUGHT I NEED TO BE FIRST OFF THE COACH ,I RUSHED TO THE TOILET THERE WAS ONLY TWO CUBICLES,ONE WAS BROKE AND NOT WORKING SO I USED THE OTHER ,I WENT ON THE TOILET AND I COULD HEAR PEOPLE OUTSIDE MY CUBICLE,ONE SHOUTED HURRY UP MATE ,I FINISHED BUT THE DOOR WOULD NOT OPEN ,I SHOUTED THE DOOR WILL NOT OPEN IM CLIMBING OVER THE DOOR TO WHICH THEY ALL SHOUTED PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR WE NEED THE TOILET

I SHOUTED IM AN ENGINEER IF I COULD OPEN THE DOOR I WOULD ,I CLIMBED OVER THE TOP WITH EVERYONE PANICING,I CUT MY HAND CLIMBING OVERTHWE DOOR AND THERE WAS BLOOD EVERYWHERE,I HAD TO GO TO FIRST AID TO BE PATCHED UP ,IVE NEVER BEEN BACK
Report pumphol. June 7, 2012 10:17 AM BST
Several people I know have been, " never again "  has been the general consensus.
Report History Maker June 7, 2012 10:32 AM BST
I quite enjoyed it, but then we were staying in a seriously plush hotel (La Residence), and our first full day there was Eid al-Fitr, which is a big festival.

I did, like some others, suffer from a day of the squits, but my dad and sister were fine.
Report bigmo June 7, 2012 10:33 AM BST
I went about 25yrs ago and it was a bit rough to say the least. The attention my 4yr daughter got was an absolute nightmare and quite scary as well.
It was a long time ago but doubt the people have changed much.
Report everythings gone green June 7, 2012 1:47 PM BST
Slippy Blue 12 Mar 10 13:23

It is without doubt the most vile country I have ever been to, the people are truly hideous. I went with a blue eyed blonde and got death threats every time we left the hotel, we stayed at the Hannibal Palace in Port El Kantoui and although the hotel was just about acceptable I suppose what joy is there in being in a country where you can't walk out of the hotel door in safety to have a look around? On the way there the coach was stopping off at various places and couples and families were looking around in bewilderment just praying that the tour rep did not call their names out to disembark at certain hotels. My advice to you and to anyone else is throw your "Come visit Tunisia" brochure in the bin and that is the best advice I could give anyone about the khazi. Do not go.
Report Slippy Blue June 7, 2012 2:00 PM BST
Sterling work EGG Happy

I can only endorse what I said back then, it's a disgusting country.
Report Coachbuster June 7, 2012 2:01 PM BST
quite easy to get a date in Tunisia i've heard
Report pumphol. June 7, 2012 5:06 PM BST
Thanks for raisin that point Coach.
Report DancingBraveTheBest June 30, 2012 10:06 PM BST
flight 6.30 in morning, cant wait, get away from this awful british weather for a weekHappy
Report DancingBraveTheBest June 30, 2012 10:11 PM BST
all the reviews on trip advisor are pretty good, am staying in a nice hotel, cant be that bad surley guys???Sad
Report pumphol. June 30, 2012 10:51 PM BST
Good luck
Report SlippyBlue June 30, 2012 10:52 PM BST
There's always one Cry
Report pumphol. June 30, 2012 10:54 PM BST
Someone has to go there I suppose.
Report Eeeyore June 30, 2012 10:58 PM BST
feck that for a game of toy soldiers
Report rupertthebear June 30, 2012 11:01 PM BST
The whole place is a sh1t hole. Everyone without exception will try to rip you off. Don't take offence though, it's just their way. When you land, look at prices in the airport, then half these in the resort, that should be your starting bid.
Report curious-cat July 1, 2012 12:07 AM BST
When I visited Tunisia I found I was the best friend of lots of people I'd never met.
Report curious-cat July 1, 2012 12:10 AM BST
possibly the country I'm least likely to revisit ....... and I've had a camera bag containg a passport stolen in Spain.
Report DancingBraveTheBest July 8, 2012 6:22 PM BST
just got back guys will let you know how it went later on, not all bad to be honest, chat soonHappy
Report charwell. July 8, 2012 6:46 PM BST
If your idea of Nirvana is the two bob bits, invites to workshops making everything from pots to rugs with free tea thrown in, haggling over everything and then having your girlfirend ogled and receiving numerous offers of camels in exchange for allowing a shafting to take place then enjoy it.
Report HH Sultan Vinegar July 8, 2012 6:58 PM BST
good thread Laugh
Report DancingBraveTheBest July 8, 2012 7:10 PM BST
Right guys, almost got conned the moment got off plane, some kid come running over claiming to be hotel porter to take our cases to waiting bus.  i let him take our cases then he demanded money from me once we got to bus, told him had none and he had a shouting match with meHappy.  anyway never give him any. the ride to 5 star hotel was pretty grim, lot of poverty in Tunisia, lots of rubbish in the streets. Hotel was great, food great, weather great, all in all a great holiday and if you dont venture out you wont get bothered. did some watersports on the beach which were really cheap, cheaper than seen anywhere else. i would only go again if staying in 5 star hotel, otherwise dont think i'd enjoy it. another thing, hotel was not supposed to have kids in but there were kids so we getting compensated by the travel company for this error!!Happy
Report pumphol. July 8, 2012 7:11 PM BST
All I want to know is how soon DV  will be going back for a second helping.
Report pumphol. July 8, 2012 7:12 PM BST
Question answered Laugh
Report DancingBraveTheBest July 8, 2012 7:19 PM BST
DV?
Report pumphol. July 8, 2012 7:23 PM BST
missed the B Blush
Report Mr Eboue July 8, 2012 7:24 PM BST
Glad you had fun.
Report DancingBraveTheBest July 8, 2012 7:28 PM BST
like i said, i would go back, only to 5 star hotel though.  you gotta remember the people are very poor, you put yourself in their position and i am sure you would act the same as themHappy
Report Mr Eboue July 8, 2012 7:29 PM BST
How hot was it?
Report topshot July 8, 2012 7:30 PM BST
went in the 80s, the women were told to be respectful to their culture,ie no cleavage or miniskirts...when we got to Hammamet there were guys openly snogging in the street!

only one beer..celtia I think it was...no spirits apart from dubonnet and martini.

Afraid Slippy Blue is correct
Report erse2 July 8, 2012 7:37 PM BST
every shop/stall/cafe you walk past you get harassed to get in. happens in other places but it's in overdrive in tunisia.

there was some guy offering the tourists a taste of some nuts (the edible variety) and then not letting them walk away til they handed over 2 euros. dodgy place but if you're after sun it's as good as anywhere else.
Report DancingBraveTheBest July 8, 2012 7:38 PM BST
Mr Eboue it was 38-39 most days but didnt feel it witt the lovely sea breeze.   topshot, didnt see any locals kissing openly myself but yes the only local beer was Celtica and could only get alcohol from hotel, didnt sell it in the supermarkets or shops which was a pain as i was only halfSad board
Report DancingBraveTheBest July 8, 2012 7:40 PM BST
When i departed a week ago i was apprehensive to say the least after the positive reviews on here but hand on heart i had a lovely experience and would go back.
Report everythings gone green July 8, 2012 7:45 PM BST
The crap reviews probably helped you have a good time because you were expecting it to be grimmer than grim.
Report numer0ne July 8, 2012 7:52 PM BST
i read they children begging in the streets with severed limbs -lopped off by their parents to improve their prospects (begging). I don't think I'd stoop that low tbf Wink
Report utc July 8, 2012 8:00 PM BST
I got pick-pocketed out there.  It was only the equivalent of a tenner but I was f'kin furious.
Report Mcginty July 8, 2012 9:46 PM BST
Thinly veiled thread...

I'm on benefits and can afford a foreign holiday, F*ck you working mugs!

Silly
Report DancingBraveTheBest July 8, 2012 10:33 PM BST
may try Somalia next, anyone ever been?Happy
Report macarony July 9, 2012 11:38 AM BST
Why go to somalia when somalia as come to us
Report Huggy July 9, 2012 11:59 AM BST
I go on holiday a lot and can truthfully say going to Tunisia was the worst holiday i have ever had.
I stayed in the resort of Port El Kantaoui at the Mirabar hotel,it was a big complex which had a dirty feel about it,it had many cats about the place which made you feel uneasy,you were warned about going out the hotel on your own,and the food at the hotel was of a very poor standard.

My wife works at Thomas Cooks and when customers express an intrest in Tunisia she tels them not to bother.
Report DStyle July 9, 2012 2:38 PM BST
can i clear one thing up DancingBraveTheBest.

you had a great time, would go again, but never left the hotel.
Report DStyle July 9, 2012 2:40 PM BST
but in the brief moments when you were outside the confines of your 5 star gated compound, someone tried to rip you off and you found the overwhelming poverty grim.
Report SlippyBlue July 9, 2012 3:17 PM BST
I forgot all about those flea bitten cats that were everywhere, I must have just blocked them out of my memory. Christ they were everywhere scavenging, even cannyman would have struggled to cope with them.
Report macarony July 9, 2012 4:14 PM BST
My Grand dad is buried in Tunis he and my gand mother left sicily in 1909 to work for the French, he was a engineer on the railway.
She left Tunisia in the 50s and moved to Nice.
Report creatureinthesky July 9, 2012 4:21 PM BST
My nan went there in the 60s, full of beggars and they serve all the courses of your meal on the same plate.
Report u want some July 9, 2012 5:44 PM BST
Most poor places you go to you get harassed and beckoned in every shop you go past. Thats part of the charm of going abroad. If your soft you'll get picked off, you gotta stand firm and tell them to fook off, start screaming loudly normally works. I had some fooking naked women with her naked limbless child harass me every morning in Bangkok until i told her she was getting fook all off me.

Dog eat dog abroad, had some seriously scary moments in angeles city in the philippines, even had a gun pulled on me believe it or not over a game of pool. You've got to make them believe that your a fooking nutter and your not to be messed with.
Report Ibrahima Sonko July 10, 2012 9:25 PM BST
My 19 year old daughter is going tomorrow, i hope she comes back safe Plain
Report DancingBraveTheBest July 10, 2012 9:31 PM BST
she'll be fine m8, where she going?  is she staying in a nice hotel?
Report DancingBraveTheBest July 10, 2012 9:33 PM BST
u want some, sounds a bit scary in phillipines palScared
Report pumphol. July 10, 2012 10:32 PM BST
u want some     09 Jul 12 17:44 
. You've got to make them believe that your a fooking nutter and your not to be messed with.

Sounds like you didn't have to try too hard LaughLaugh
Report SlippyBlue July 10, 2012 10:38 PM BST
Yes, that's a sound philosphy. Go to a mosquito infested rat hole inhabited by people who have absolutely nothing and give it the biggun playing pool for a tenner or whatever in a pub which will feed their families for a couple of days. Yep, sounds good to me.
Report Marxist-Leninist July 10, 2012 11:03 PM BST
Detested Tunisia as I go on holiday to relax as opposed to being badgered every second of the day. Was also cheesed off because they didn't ogle my missus.
Report creatureinthesky July 10, 2012 11:21 PM BST
FFS. I wish people would give her a break, it was one of her first bl0wjobs and the fact that it was filmed probably made her more nervous.
Report Marxist-Leninist July 10, 2012 11:23 PM BST
I can assure you there has never been any of that sort of thing! Cry
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com