Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Mc Moonbeam
04 Jun 12 17:37
| Topic/replies: 13,366 | Blogger: Mc Moonbeam's blog
I'm still looking for a cheap apartment to buy & this area seems good value for money (heavy falls last few years )  but what's it like to actually live there ?

Does everybody talk with the strong black country accent & would i feel totally out of place there being that i'm only the other side of brum anyway ?
Pause Switch to Standard View does anybody live in Dudley or the...
Show More
Report PatraTheCat June 5, 2012 9:53 PM BST
What are you doing at the moment McM? Are you living in your car yet?
Report brngtwt June 5, 2012 9:59 PM BST
McM almost homeless yet incredibly snooty about moving into Wolvo.
Patra, he hasn't clocked we keep Wolvo as a secret from the hair dryer accented brummies.
Report PatraTheCat June 5, 2012 10:11 PM BST
I don't want to get caught up in this regional rivalry as I know barely anything about any of the areas being talked about! I just wondered if McM was living in his car yet.
Report Mc Moonbeam June 6, 2012 12:50 AM BST
I don't mean to get caught up in rivalry either ... i'm just trying to consider my options with the cash i've got .. and am not actually from Brum (am originally) but if you read properly brngwt i said the other side of Brum meaning like 20 miles away
I could also buy in a much better area than Wolvo .. so although i'm almost homeless where will you be in ten years time ?
I for sure won't be in Dudley , Brum or ffs bloody Wolvo !!
Report Dr Crippen June 6, 2012 9:15 AM BST
Mc Moonbeam I take it you're a complete loner?

There are other things in life as well as the view from your kitchen window.
Report V4 Vendetta June 6, 2012 10:17 AM BST
Not in Dudley there aren't.
Report Capt__F June 6, 2012 10:45 AM BST
yaou knaw what yaou coll a chinese man who loives betwean Cradley and Stourbridge ?

Yam In Lye
Report Dr Crippen June 6, 2012 12:36 PM BST
V4 Vendetta  06 Jun 12 10:17

Not in Dudley there aren't.

It looks like V has lived in Dudley or nearby, or still does.

Perhaps he's the best person to ask?
Report bix June 6, 2012 1:34 PM BST
Is the Zoo still in Dudley?
Report Mc Moonbeam June 6, 2012 11:53 PM BST
Dr Crippen
I'm not a complete loner , i know lots of people & friends where i live , but life has been harsh on me never having a home to settle down in & feel comfortable , plus gambling for a living isolates you from society somewhat .. and friends kind of drift away as you get a bit older

I realise all this now but is kind of a bit late , life is cruel , everybody needs a place to live , which costs ,  it's everyman for themself in the big bad world ??

Friends are cool yes but won't help you when you're left homeless !

You are right though & appreciate your comments & have decided to try & buy a house where i live at the moment , which would cost me everything i have .. i just hope it'd be worth it in th long run Plain
Report Mc Moonbeam June 7, 2012 12:02 AM BST
I am somewhat of a loner though true .. but i kind of prefer it that way
I've lost trust in a lot of so called friends so i don't waste my time running after the pack any longer
Report [x] These checkboxes suck June 7, 2012 12:25 AM BST
Going back to the original topic, you seriously don't want to move to Dudley lol, its an absolute shithole.
Report Mc Moonbeam June 7, 2012 12:33 AM BST
Cheers checkboxes appreciate your opinion

i didn't really wish to .. but strange circumstances can make you do strange things Sad

How's the poker going .. still playing  ?
Report abolo June 7, 2012 7:58 AM BST
gl McMoonbeam, i'm still following your adventures but don't have too much time to reply now, you seem to be on the good way!
Report Mc Moonbeam June 7, 2012 11:59 PM BST
Cheers abolo my friend

I've bought a bit of time in this room for now though is horrible & expensive , but will give me time to try & buy a place & get it signed & sealed in time
I viewed a house today , not exactly what i was looking for & expensive but is in a decent location in my home town & seems a fair investment too
Not sure yet but considering apartments cost 75k or so & you pay hidious fee's it seems ok
I'll keep you posted
Gl for euro2012 .. the footy season never ends Happy
Report [x] These checkboxes suck June 8, 2012 1:07 AM BST
jacked poker in ages ago MC couldn't be bothered with all the time and effort for fack all, betting dogs now. are you still playing?
Report Mc Moonbeam June 8, 2012 1:12 AM BST
Yeah still playing but becoming very p***d off with it tbh , everybody just plays soo bad nowadays it's unreal & makes it much more an even sum game

I've had a good run the last few years though ,but seems a lot of the old guys have gotten very fed up with it
Report Aunty Post June 8, 2012 2:20 PM BST
"Black Country".....can we still say that?
Report V4 Vendetta June 8, 2012 8:22 PM BST
Yes, that's where I hail from Crip.  That's why I know there's no social mobility barriers, just whinging victims.
Report PatraTheCat June 8, 2012 11:29 PM BST
McM,

Why do you say that it's harder to win against bad players. It clearly isn't! Feel free to post a hand to prove me wrong.

Or why don't you move up a few levels? I'm sure the $10/$20 guys are pretty good, so you won't have any trouble making money at it.
Report Dr Crippen June 9, 2012 9:19 AM BST
Going back to the original topic, you seriously don't want to move to Dudley lol, its an absolute shithole.

What exactly is that?

V 4 Vendetta says that he’s from the area.
He claims he was very successful trader on the international future and bond markets, before he moved up into banking management.
He owns and rents out a number of properties in a fashionable area of London on the side, and in most people’s eyes would be considered a success.

All from humble beginnings in Dudley.

Now contrast that with the life style of [x] These checkboxes suck, who appears to lead a miserable sort of lonely existence.
Probably operating from a DSS financed flat in some abandoned backwater, gambling away his handouts and his undeclared earnings from his part time job on the dogs all day.

I don’t know where he lives, but I’m sure the location is determined by his limited finances and not by choice.
Report John_Cherry June 9, 2012 12:04 PM BST
V 4 Vendetta says that he’s from the area.
He claims he was very successful trader on the international future and bond markets, before he moved up into banking management.
He owns and rents out a number of properties in a fashionable area of London on the side, and in most people’s eyes would be considered a success.

All from humble beginnings in Dudley.

None of that success was achieved IN Dudley. Can't see your point tbh unless the Dudley air as a kid gave Vendetta financial acumen. Cool

I live in Wolves and its a pretty glum place. The apartments are cheap for a reason and if I were you Moonbeam, treat The BC as a last resort.
Report Dr Crippen June 9, 2012 12:55 PM BST
I live in Wolves and its a pretty glum place.

John you sound pretty glum yourself, so why don't you go and live in happy town - whatever that is?
Report John_Cherry June 9, 2012 4:01 PM BST
touchy!
Report Dr Crippen June 9, 2012 4:46 PM BST
Well why live there if you don't like it?
Report John_Cherry June 9, 2012 6:24 PM BST
i get to see my kids that way
Report metal_micky_3_legs June 9, 2012 7:21 PM BST
I always find the BRUMMIE accent very boring. Reminds me of Barry the radish in Auf Wiedersehen Pet.
Report brngtwt June 9, 2012 8:12 PM BST
Metal Micky
You mean Barry (an actor doing an extremely forced accent to represent his charachter) from auf wiedersen pet who was portrayed in the fictional series as really boring?
Personally,I find people who are too easily led by media stereotypes....really boring.
Report metal_micky_3_legs June 9, 2012 8:19 PM BST
No, I said I find the BRUMMIE accent really boring. Barry was just an example ( actor or not ) of how boring they sound.

Hope this hops.
Report brngtwt June 9, 2012 10:02 PM BST
You find a persons accent boring rather than what they are actually saying?
Incredible stuff.
What would you call an interesting accent?
I am fascinated.
Report Mc Moonbeam June 9, 2012 10:14 PM BST
McM,

Why do you say that it's harder to win against bad players. It clearly isn't! Feel free to post a hand to prove me wrong.

as a collective it is Patra , not as individuals

If you have to play a table full of fish it's more difficult than playing a table full of pro's
I know what the pro's are playing at & can lay down hands easier against them
Report Mc Moonbeam June 9, 2012 10:21 PM BST
I live in Wolves and its a pretty glum place. The apartments are cheap for a reason and if I were you Moonbeam, treat The BC as a last resort.

Cheers John , about sums up my thoughts too
Report PatraTheCat June 10, 2012 12:32 AM BST
McM,

I know what you mean but I disagree. Possibly it's because I play MTTs and I believe you play cash, but I don't think so.

This isn't the thread for discussing it though. Would you be up for responding if I started a separate thread, either here or (gulp) on the Poker forum?
Report Mc Moonbeam June 10, 2012 2:02 AM BST
Yes sure buddy , you can message me if you want

I'm actually a SNG player , but i do play cash as well , just not as much nowadays

I play a few MTT's also , they're most fun , but it doesn't matter too much who you play in MTT's as they're mainly decision based !
Report abolo June 10, 2012 8:51 AM BST

Jun 7, 2012 -- 5:59PM, Mc Moonbeam wrote:

Cheers abolo my friendI've bought a bit of time in this room for now though is horrible & expensive , but will give me time to try & buy a place & get it signed & sealed in time I viewed a house today , not exactly what i was looking for & expensive but is in a decent location in my home town & seems a fair investment too Not sure yet but considering apartments cost 75k or so & you pay hidious fee's it seems ok I'll keep you posted Gl for euro2012 .. the footy season never ends

It's true but unfortunately my betting is only based on knowledge and preparation, i don't have any mathematical system, and i don't have time anymore to inform myself as i worked all day for the 10 past days, i don't want to throw out my hard-earned money on a clueless bet

Report moisok June 10, 2012 9:50 AM BST
I used to like going out in brum  but dudley !!!!!!No
Report Dr Crippen June 10, 2012 12:08 PM BST
moisok,
That's a ridiculous comparison.
Birmingham is the country's second city, that’s where people go for entertainment.

McM reckons he's a compulsive gambler, well they have horseracing and dog racing at Wolverhampton.
Tettenhall is a nice village in Wolverhampton, not far from the race track.
Although MCM might be a little out of his depth pricewise.
It would seem to suit his purposes exactly.
Report Bridgeboy June 10, 2012 1:15 PM BST
Wolves quite a nice place imo as stated Tetenhall nice Codsall and coven nice north Wolves South Staff border very nice. . .
Report Emden June 10, 2012 1:36 PM BST
wolvo is a pretty awful place to live - in fact vast swathes of it are just hovels. Yes, there is the occasional pocket of places which are ok, but you only have to travel a few hundred metres and you are back to the mess that is wolverhampton. It's not my personal opion either:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/6911628/Wolverhampton-voted-fifth-worst-city-in-the-world.html#

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1239478/Wolverhampton-named-fifth-WORST-city-planet.html

The centre is an absolute disgrace, full of boarded up shops, kebab shops, and all the dregs of society milling around from 4 corners of the world. I worked in the centre for a while and used to walk around at lunchtime. Desperate place of the highest order. Beatties is the flagship store - that tells you something in itself.

There are a couple of places on the outskirts like eg Brewood that are nice places, but way out of McM price range
Report Emden June 10, 2012 1:45 PM BST
In the midlands the only places of note are usually outside of the west midlands conurbation. Worcestershire and Shropshire (exc Telford)are probably the best counties. Easy commutes to anywhere in the country, reasonably priced and you still have the feeling you are living in England if you get my drift!
Report metal_micky_3_legs June 10, 2012 2:18 PM BST
brngtwt     09 Jun 12 22:02 
Incredible stuff.
I am fascinated.

Sorry for expressing my honest onion, but I just find it extremely boring in the way they speak. Have a Brummie at work, and every time he speaks I just find myself yawning.

I know I am going on about Barry again, but he was the boring one of the magnificent 7. The people who recruited the cast got it dead with this accent.

Hope this hops
Report Bridgeboy June 10, 2012 2:19 PM BST
Some new builds in Brewood at a very good price a very nice place to live five pubs in a small village. . .
Report Dr Crippen June 10, 2012 2:28 PM BST
Emdem, why don't you just cross off all towns and cities?

Places of note indeed, what are you going on the price of properties in each area?
Report Dr Crippen June 10, 2012 2:30 PM BST
Someone mentioned that Wolverhampton town centre is run down.
Many town centres are becoming like that with supermarkets taking over.
How many people live in a town centre by the way?
Report Emden June 10, 2012 7:43 PM BST
"Some new builds in Brewood at a very good price a very nice place to live five pubs in a small village. . "

You're not the developer are you?!! (kidding)

Yes mate, a nice place that's why I recommended it.
Report Emden June 10, 2012 8:00 PM BST
"Someone mentioned that Wolverhampton town centre is run down"
Yes I did because it is. Very run down.

"Many town centres are becoming like that with supermarkets taking over"
It's not the supermarkets that make a place run down. It's the boarded up shops, fast food take-aways everywhere, very few shops of any quality etc, etc 

"How many people live in a town centre by the way?"
Not that many as a percentage. However, most local shops don't sell decent clothes, shoes etc. Supermarket clothes are usually tat as well. So a lot of the time you have to go to a main centre to buy anything. Imagine living in Brewood like I've mentioned and you need a decent bit of clobber for you holidays in the Bahamas. Where are you going to go? Wolvo would be bottom of my list.

Anyway, we'll have to agree to disagree. You obviously have some connection to Wolvo so I suppose it's only right that you stick up for it.  All the best
Report V4 Vendetta June 10, 2012 8:21 PM BST
Worcestershire and Shropshire (exc Telford)are probably the best counties. Easy commutes to anywhere in the country, reasonably priced and you still have the feeling you are living in England if you get my drift!

So which line is it from Shrewbury to Monument and do you have to change at Earls Court?
Report Dr Crippen June 10, 2012 9:14 PM BST
You obviously have some connection to Wolvo.

I can't think of any,
Report V4 Vendetta June 10, 2012 9:18 PM BST
The M42.
Report John_Cherry June 10, 2012 9:20 PM BST
What are your views based on then?
Report V4 Vendetta June 10, 2012 9:21 PM BST
Google maps.
Report John_Cherry June 10, 2012 9:21 PM BST
to Crippen. Wasn't there a phrase years ago about being a 'bigger liar than Crippen'?

smiley face.
Report Dr Crippen June 10, 2012 9:23 PM BST
What are your views based on then?

What are yours?
Report John_Cherry June 10, 2012 9:23 PM BST
sorry vendetta, my post was to the doc
Report John_Cherry June 10, 2012 9:25 PM BST
my views are based on actually living in wolves. thus i gave advice on the first paragraph of this thread.
you have no connection to wolves so why is your view worthy over mine doc?
Report Dr Crippen June 10, 2012 9:27 PM BST
I'll bet V hasn't even been to the Shrewsbury flower show.
Report John_Cherry June 10, 2012 9:28 PM BST
well that's something he'll just have to live with
Report Bridgeboy June 10, 2012 9:36 PM BST
One good thing about Shrewsbury i think its still legal to kill a Welshman with bow and arrow between dusk and sunrise. . .
Report Bridgeboy June 10, 2012 9:37 PM BST
Not that ive got anything against the Welsh. . .
Report Dr Crippen June 10, 2012 9:39 PM BST
Sorry John I was confusing you with Emden, who seems to be a bit of a snob.

Not like V who is a complete and utter snob.
Report Dr Crippen June 10, 2012 9:44 PM BST
Last time I went to Shrewsbury, I was helping my mate to look for a house.

He didn't buy one, which was purely down to the fact that he didn't think he could make much out of what was on offer at the time.
Report brngtwt June 10, 2012 10:32 PM BST
brngtwt     09 Jun 12 22:02
Incredible stuff.
I am fascinated.

Sorry for expressing my honest onion, but I just find it extremely boring in the way they speak. Have a Brummie at work, and every time he speaks I just find myself yawning.

I know I am going on about Barry again, but he was the boring one of the magnificent 7. The people who recruited the cast got it dead with this accent.

Hope this hops
Report brngtwt June 10, 2012 10:34 PM BST
I have no doubt it is your honest opinion,that just confirms my opinion that you are a dolt.
Report Dr Crippen June 11, 2012 10:30 AM BST
Lots of people say they find the Brummie accent grating, fair enough, but I've known many Brummies and not one speaks like Spall does on that show, or comes anywhere near to speaking like that.
I'd like to know in which part of Birmingham he's supposed to come from?
In fact the only place I've heard an accent like that is on the television.
Perhaps that’s what the Brummie knockers base their opinions on - actors on the television playing Brummies.

I'll let you into a little secret, Black Country folk don't like outsiders, and they certainly don't like Brummies. Cockneys are an inferior species to them, and they can just about tolerate Northerners.

As far as they're concerned you might as well be from a different country if you don't speak like they do, because they'll tell you straight to your face to f'off.
Report brngtwt June 11, 2012 2:27 PM BST
jesus wept.
Report twomatchpoints June 11, 2012 2:36 PM BST
Dr Crippen     11 Jun 12 10:30 
Cockneys are an inferior species to them

Now I know he's mad
Report Dr Crippen June 11, 2012 2:52 PM BST
twomatchpoints must be a Cockney - sorry me old sparra.
Report John_Cherry June 11, 2012 3:18 PM BST
Thought Barry sounded like he came from Gornal way.
He was the funniest one in AP, imo.
Report John_Cherry June 11, 2012 3:19 PM BST
Didn't he used to say duck? Thats a Nottingham thing i think, or is it 'me duck'
Report STUDYFORM June 11, 2012 4:12 PM BST
That's complete carp, crippen.
As a cockney living (and trading) in the Black Country, I have found nothing but friendliness.

Generally the accent is not like that in Brum, but you do hear it from time to time.
Report Dr Crippen June 11, 2012 4:21 PM BST
Study that's nice to hear, it's good that they've accepted you, you being a Cockney and all that.

You see, a Cockney can make it outside of London.
Report Emden June 11, 2012 5:17 PM BST
"I'll let you into a little secret, Black Country folk don't like outsiders"

You mean you?
Report Dr Crippen June 11, 2012 5:46 PM BST
Emden they wouldn't like you.
Report V4 Vendetta June 11, 2012 8:16 PM BST
Dr Crippen 10 Jun 12 21:39

Not like V who is a complete and utter snob.

Or "southerner" as they say in Birmingham.
Report Dr Crippen June 11, 2012 8:43 PM BST
''Southerner.''
Report V4 Vendetta June 11, 2012 9:30 PM BST
Not in Brum.
Report V4 Vendetta June 11, 2012 9:33 PM BST
Hey Crapmeister, have you had any dealings with the deposit "Protection" racket people yet?  As in, any disputes with your crackheads over trashing the place?  As a law-abiding citizen, I have been sticking the loot in these surrogate dole schemes as required, but not had any need to use them further as I usually have good tenants.  I assume you get a lot of dross, so wondered how the burden of proof has shifted?
Report Dr Crippen June 11, 2012 11:07 PM BST
No but I followed a case where a colleague’s property had been damaged by the tenant.

After all the photographs and evidence had been presented to them, the DPS agreed to pay the entire deposit to the landlord in the absence of the tenant who had done a bunk

The snag was they insisted that the form that the landlord had to sign for the release of the funds also had to be signed by a solicitor or a justice of the peace.
Talk about jumping through hoops.

Watch out for the new thirty day rule for getting the deposit in, it also includes getting the information about the DPS and the deposit to the tenant as well.
It’s little more than a loophole for them to stop you from exercising a section 21 notice.
Report boundless June 11, 2012 11:11 PM BST
fack off
Report Dr Crippen June 11, 2012 11:22 PM BST
And of course this deposit bollox is another stumbling block to trip up the unwary landlord.
It's best to get the tenant to sign to say they've received the relevant information.
They've turned these deposits into a nightmare for landlords.
I read of one bloke who doesn't take deposits now because of the hassle involved. 

V have you joined the Landlords Referencing Society yet?

You can submit all of your tenants to their database, and then have access to other landlord's tenants.
All the toe-rags are on record for you to inquire about.
If you tell your tenants that you are a member, they'll certainly want to leave you on good terms.
Report V4 Vendetta June 12, 2012 6:01 PM BST
Hmm, I'll look into that.  I've only ever had one real problem (sold furniture, stopped paying after 3m and disappeared after the court awarded me everything). The others are usually from the financial world, so they're more trustworthy. Grin

I see the minimum penalty for failing to use the scheme is the whole deposit.  That should ensure compliance, but all this nonsense puts rents up and is a potential downward push on landlord quality because of their lower cost of time.
Report bix June 12, 2012 6:10 PM BST
but all this nonsense puts rents up

Like so much legislation to protect consumers it's the consumers that end up paying for it.
The Financial Services Act designed to protect policyholders and investors cost the insurance companies so much to set up the compliance procedures and departments that their products often became poor value.
Report Dr Crippen June 12, 2012 6:54 PM BST
Using the DPS makes it easier for the landlord to claim for cleaning after the tenants have left.
He’s more likely to put in a frivolous charge when he doesn’t have to face them again.
Call it a payment for causing the landlord so much hassle over the deposit.
Every cloud has a silver lining.

No charge for the top tip there by the way.
Report V4 Vendetta June 13, 2012 5:50 PM BST
There seem to be lots of Landlord Referencing things - are they geographically speicifc or is there a clear leader or what?
Report V4 Vendetta June 13, 2012 5:51 PM BST
(This credit check stuff is a game too - I never bother with it.  I always take 6m of payslips and bank statements so I know they have a job which pays enough and see how much they're spending and where their missus buys her knickers etc).
Report Mc Moonbeam June 18, 2012 1:12 AM BST
Hey guys

Serious question but is buy to let really this dismal & depressing Confused

It's half the reason i'm looking for a cheap place to buy cash (60-70k)so i can try to buy a second place as a buy to let for an investment (30k)

If i stay where i am & buy a house (i've offered on one at the moment & will cost me 97k) that'll be everything gone with no further chances in the forseeable future

I could try the mortgage route but am wondering if i'm doing the right thing trying to buy a cheap place for cash first of all ?

Don't worry Dudley's no longer my plan .. but are many other places with cheap affordable places in the 60-70k region in & around the midlands

I'm just wondering if my whole plan is viable really without an income .. would they be willing to lend to me in the future if i owned one place & also had a 35% deposit for a second place ?
Report V4 Vendetta June 18, 2012 8:52 PM BST
What are you buying to let for 30k, a hot-dog stall?
Report Mc Moonbeam June 18, 2012 11:19 PM BST
No lol
My plan would be to put 35k down as a deposit on a decent house worth around 100k once i owned an apartment outright (would this make me a bit more credit worthy?)
I'd rent the house out to cover the payments for the next 10 years until i owned it outright
I might even let the apartment & go to live in the house in future as i gradually owned the house

Would that make sense Happy
Report V4 Vendetta June 19, 2012 9:37 AM BST
Depends a lot on your circumstances, but I'd spreadsheet it up first as it's not as lucritive as I think you're imagining.  Look at the rentals in that area and calculate your expected net yield.

Take a 100k house with repayments over 20yrs at 5-6% (a level higher than now, but you'd want to be able to live through).  The payments would be around £400-500 which may well be higher than the rents you're likely to get in whatever godforsaken hole you can buy a house for a 100k for.

Then you have costs (annual CP12, repairs, boilers, advertising costs etc)...
Report Delightful June 19, 2012 1:34 PM BST
Some cheap new build apartments on Belle Vale in Halesowen. Not a bad little area.

http://www.findaproperty.com/for-sale/property-11324654
Report BonVivvy June 19, 2012 2:18 PM BST
"Culture shock"Laugh

Anyone would think the OP is moving from the Gorbals to an Islington wine bar!

In fairness (though i know nowt of the black country)I doubt the people are THAT much different from one side of the city to the next.Go to nay town or village in the uk and the next town will say the local town is full of weirdoes/nonces/morons/drunks/chitchatters etc

Good luck btw Mcm
Report Mc Moonbeam June 19, 2012 11:10 PM BST
Go to nay town  ..

I thought you knew nowt of the Black country Bon vivvy Silly

Cheers btw
Report Mc Moonbeam June 19, 2012 11:18 PM BST
Depends a lot on your circumstances, but I'd spreadsheet it up first as it's not as lucritive as I think you're imagining.  Look at the rentals in that area and calculate your expected net yield.

Take a 100k house with repayments over 20yrs at 5-6% (a level higher than now, but you'd want to be able to live through).  The payments would be around £400-500 which may well be higher than the rents you're likely to get in whatever godforsaken hole you can buy a house for a 100k for.

Then you have costs (annual CP12, repairs, boilers, advertising costs etc)...

Thank V
I'm not sure how/what to spreadsheet maybe you could explain a bit more ?

But it's not as bad as you make out though

The house would rent for 575 month so just over 7% yield

Plus with the deposit i'd only need a 10 year mortgage which would cost around 550 per month (for now)

Obv i'd have to keep a back up in case of it being empty for a month or two .. but in 10 years i'd own the house & still own the apartment also

It may not be lucrative but it is viable & the town itself is a good solid place to live .. you can't knock a man for trying ..

I understand yields etc but is a bit different in real life to on paper hey Confused
Report V4 Vendetta June 20, 2012 9:36 AM BST
So your rent would just about cover your mortgage. What if you need a new boiler, roofing tiles? What about insurance (I guess that might be included for building) for pipes, windows, 100-200 a year on admin/certificates etc.  I'm not saying you need extra insurance, just that you think about it.
If it's too tight, make it a longer mortgage to get the payments down.
Consider your tax position - all this is netted off and you pay on the net profit, so make that close to zero unless it's your only income in which case you can afford to proft by £7-8k or so without paying tax on the profit.

Choosing the length of your mortgage is the key here, but rates can really only go up from here, so put a cushion in.
Report Coachbuster March 16, 2017 7:05 PM GMT
Barry Taylor was from Wolverhampton - not Birmingham.   His wife Hazel had an even more pronounced accent .
Report Coachbuster March 16, 2017 7:05 PM GMT

TV Brummies
Report Coachbuster March 16, 2017 7:07 PM GMT
Moxey to Barry -  'Oh, (sighs)  get to the point Barry ...if there is one.'

Barry -  'the point ... (getting a little agitated)...  the POINT' ....... Laugh
Report Mc Moonbeam March 18, 2017 10:59 PM GMT
Report Mc Moonbeam March 18, 2017 11:18 PM GMT
What if you need a new boiler, roofing tiles?

You sound like my £$%^&*() Mom
Report not allowed to bet March 18, 2017 11:52 PM GMT
bin bay windows

bay bay windows

bin bay windows
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com