Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
irishone
10 Mar 21 21:42
| Topic/replies: 47,319 | Blogger: irishone's blog
Please say why you have them listed 123
E g. Biggest profit, biggest fancy, best chance or whatever you wish
But only name 3 horses , no odds or prices , no stakes

My three all each way in biggest  returns order ....

1. PUT THE KETTLE ON. (Champion Chase)
2. GALVIN. (Four miler)
3. GRANGEE (bumper)

Have a great Cheltenham !

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 65
By:
yeasty
When: 10 Mar 21 21:50
1. Concertista (Mares Hurdle)
2. Elimay (Mares Chase)
3. Galvin (NH Chase)

Reasons: prices / ones I picked a long way out so I'll feel smug

Have a good one too, Irishone
By:
muse
When: 10 Mar 21 22:14
Biggest returns on singles would be:

1. Energumene in the March (come on Willie!) (I am on for the Arkle but to win half as much)
2. Blue Lord in the Supreme, and from what Anthony Bromley said tonight it might well go there
3. Hook Up in the Mares Novice Hurdle.

Best of luck Irishone, and everyone else.  Have a good week.
By:
shlotter
When: 10 Mar 21 22:54
Not gonna tell anyone what my main action is, but wish everyone a good Cheltenham. due to the amount of hatred towards me people have lost some very TOP INFO. Don't forget Irishone, I will send you a private message on Gold Cup day if we are doing okay. So, check ya inbox Gold Cup day! Hope we don't do our bollix EgB.
By:
Andymca
When: 10 Mar 21 23:09
1. Fakiera AB
2. Al Boum Photo GC
3. Grangee Bumper

On at much bigger odds than now, cert of of the festval and Grangee because Irish tipped it a few weeks ago and I  thought he has to be right about something, doesn't he ?
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 10 Mar 21 23:37
1. nube negra ......jacksons on  each way !
2. sire de berlais  stayers...would be nice
3, energumene........arkle 25s and 20s each way would be happy anyone of these winning
By:
Anyska
When: 11 Mar 21 14:09
envoi allen
elimay
honeysuckle

bar a fall, nothing will touch them
By:
differentdrum
When: 11 Mar 21 15:15
I am going in with biggest negative I have ever started with do break even might end up good.

Sadly, much depends on the shorties so not going to jinx those.

Of those that are still running and remain reasonable prices:-

Captain Guinness can place in the Arkle, particularly if the ground isn't too soft. I have backed Shishkin, but I don't think his jumping is quite what people suggest and he is favourite on the Supreme run and hype.

Roksana has every chance of shaking up Concertista. I think she should be favourite.

I think both Bear Ghylls and Keskonrisk are capable of shaking up the front three in the Ballymore.

Mrs Milner has a place chance in an ordinary looking Pertemps. Many of the handicaps don't look overly strong this year.

Melon should be favourite for the Ryanair. Just worried about missing Mullins.

If Fils D'Oudairies can reproduce his Envoi Allen run he has a chance in the Plate.

Glens Of Antrim might improve for the drop in trip and has a decent place chance in the Mare's novice.

If it dries It Came To Pass can repeat in the Foxhunters. Again not sure if O'Sullivan is going to ride.
By:
impossible123
When: 11 Mar 21 17:13
Shishkin/Envoi Allen - win double at 11/1 & 14/1; Champ (12/1)/Sottsass (20/1) - win double; APB singles (6/1 & 7/1). If one obliges I'm happy; 2 a bonus; 3 ecstatic. Cheltenham made.
By:
sageform
When: 11 Mar 21 19:10
Allmankind.
Bravemansgame
Politologue
By:
Deptford
When: 11 Mar 21 19:14
Happygoluccky
Olly Bob
Busselton
By:
ZEALOT
When: 11 Mar 21 23:47
Its amazing how so many punters think an even money is a good thing but if you gave them a coin and said flip heads theyd be worried .
By:
irishone
When: 12 Mar 21 06:15
I know you are banging a different drum dofferemtdrum but could you wipe away the 1000 word essay and just put up your three best bets and explain why they are your three best bets ? Its very simple really !
By:
harry callaghan
When: 12 Mar 21 07:04
I don’t have one single bet running, had latest exhibition for a few quid but cashed it out and appreciate it was the only horse I had running from a bet I struck last year for the ballymore...managed to get some out the bet but he was the one worth proper money and was in a Yankee with 2 winners, so just the stake back with a bit on top...a couple of mug big odds bets but no damage really, so nice and ready for the meeting with no biased pocket talking opinions...

So fresh head with maybe 4/5 bets ready if I can get the odds I want which is what I wanted this year, haven’t listened to one mug podcast promoting bookmakers or watched any of hislop or Walsh or that bet 365 propganda show, as didn’t want to be swayed or listen to the drivel that gets wheeled out on a daily basis by people that work for the bookmakers

Most of the prices bookmakers are offering are not far off, so seeking edges isn’t easy and the only horse I’m annoyed I’m not on at ante post was elimay at 14/1 so will have to live with that, although no horse is a slam dunk, as punters only have an edge on the market at this stage...when the money hits the account then you’ve won but luckily for me I’m not on anything to sway my judgement

Reading some of the threads of peoples bets is interesting for sure, normally just the ones they have an edge on or wish to ramp up because it suits there pocket, so that’s been vormit worthy reading for sure
By:
irishone
When: 12 Mar 21 07:13
"that’s been vormit worthy reading for sure"

So has your thousand word essay.

Is there any chance when and IF you do have a bet you could put it up before the race ?

Its good to know who actually knows their stuff on here, I admit to being a clueless one of course !
By:
harry callaghan
When: 12 Mar 21 07:26
Luckily Irishone I don’t have to read your stuff as your blocked, people aren’t interested in my 1000 word essays anyway like you say, so wouldn’t want to bother anyone with my muck theories on the game or my muck bets for the week, I certainly wouldn’t want to force anyone to read through it, as far more knowledgeable punters on here and I won’t be betting unless I get the odds I want on any said selection on the day or near it, so punters are far better off to listen to your good self

I think that’s under a 1000Confused
By:
irishone
When: 12 Mar 21 07:42
Thought you would have blocked everybody on here by now Harry.

Have a good Cheltenham .....you have made my day !
By:
harry callaghan
When: 12 Mar 21 07:48
Yep plenty blocked Irish, I’m afraid I have a low tolerance level

Yes have a good week, looks easy for sureGrin let’s hope the placepot has a decent pot for the punter all week as the shops will drop the return potential
By:
cobra sam
When: 12 Mar 21 10:13
lord royal 33/1......bob olinger 25/1...monkfish 8/1
By:
cobra sam
When: 12 Mar 21 10:15
soz ill put my trumpet away...just read the original post thru....
By:
paulo47
When: 12 Mar 21 11:39
Know the feeling Harry , worst for a good few years , will need miracles .
By:
harry callaghan
When: 12 Mar 21 11:51
I’ll only have a few bets paulo as not much is interesting for me, with so many vulchers chewing the price in many races, so as normal I’ll stick to the races no one is interested in backing in and hope to get the right odds...today was disappointing for me, as wanted those 2 horses in those races. The book is fecked now in both. More work down the kermitCry
By:
cobra sam
When: 12 Mar 21 11:56
cheer up arry....
By:
harry callaghan
When: 12 Mar 21 12:01
I’ve always been miserable Sam sos just the way it is, however when you’ve spent 3 days sorting out a decent trixie and see it go in 2 hours it pizzes you off. Of course if I placed it yesterday I’d have the edge. Fecking game
By:
cobra sam
When: 12 Mar 21 12:09
awwww soz harry...yep its a brutal game sometimes...hope u have better luck on the week
By:
harry callaghan
When: 12 Mar 21 12:17
I’ve only got 2 interesting bets all week, I’m boring Sam I did have 4 but not anymore, I need the odds otherwise I won’t play, it doesn’t have to be value just the right odds, as value doesn’t win you money
By:
differentdrum
When: 12 Mar 21 14:08
I know you will be disappointed he isn't in a handicap, but have you had a bit on Bear Ghylls yet Harry?
By:
harry callaghan
When: 12 Mar 21 14:14
No I really don’t like the race differendrum, to many horses I don’t like for ground reasons...be interesting how bear ghylls goes on a better surface but I don’t like any of them really and certainly not from a betting point of view...all the best with your bet
By:
differentdrum
When: 12 Mar 21 14:36
Thanks, I just hope they go into the race believing he can win, and not with the idea he can finish a creditable fifth. The front three are Grade 1 winners on paper, but in reality were they anything than Grade 2 standard? For me it is easily the most interesting of the novice hurdles.
By:
harry callaghan
When: 12 Mar 21 14:50
I’ve struggled with all the novices this season at all distances so not the man to ask but I’m a harsh handicapper myself anyway, not many get any creditGrintbh I always bring them down I’m afraid, not that I’m not interested but struggle when I don’t think I trust any of them...I think Bob olinger is probably pretty good but I’m not sure, I can’t get an angle on the Irish or English form this season when the ground has been a swamp all season
By:
sageform
When: 12 Mar 21 15:04
I know jockeys are bad tipsters but Harry Cobden said that Bravemansgame was the best he had ridden.
By:
irishone
When: 12 Mar 21 16:16
FFS lads its very simple

Just put up your top three bets !

Lets see who gets it right
By:
duffy
When: 12 Mar 21 16:35
Santini (biggest fancy)

Bravemansgame (nb)

Three Stripe Life (price)
By:
FatPunt
When: 14 Mar 21 17:40
Allmankind. Monkfish. Champ.
By:
irishone
When: 14 Mar 21 23:28
" Harry Cobden said that Bravemansgame was the best he had ridden."

Eeeerrrrmmm ????
By:
Bogalar
When: 15 Mar 21 00:11
My three, all on price:
1. Skyace (Mares Novice Hurdle) - most overpriced horse of the week on this season's form
2. Tiger Roll (Cross Country) - Aintree fence omitted in 2020 running which Easysland hated in November, good ground which TR really acts on, incentive to train him to the minute for this race and then retire him
3. Sharjah (Champion Hurdle) - second last year (on soft) behind an on-song Epatante, better ground and iffy prep for last year's winner to help him turn the table after two solid runs on unsuitably ground at Leopoardstown (and he still won one of them)
By:
shlotter
When: 15 Mar 21 00:37
Ok broken rank for Irishone only,,,

1. Saint Sam. 25p ew Fred winter. My monster bet of the festival. Managed to get 11/2 so hopefully pay for the ALDI beans
2. Shishkin. Greatest ever horse Chase. 15p 1/2 with Mullins good thing out decided to cut back 5p
3. Concertista. 10p win. I was going to have my 50p plunge, but decided 11-10 was value.
By:
Quevega06
When: 15 Mar 21 00:58
Galvin
By:
irishone
When: 15 Mar 21 06:48
That is very close to aftertiming q ! LaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 15 Mar 21 16:03
Bob Olinger   1.20   Wed   Jumped well, stayed well in Gd1 at Naas.  Looks to be improving.  And, fabulous jockey on top who knows no fear.
Craigneiche   2.30  Wed    Improved to win recent Gd3 and looks like will stay.  Could well be best of stable three.
Martello Sky  4.15  Thur   This combo. regular winners this season at big prices and this one looks ripe to improve again.  Likes to be up there as does the jock.
Thanks irish.
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com