Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Hibore
15 Sep 20 13:08
| Topic/replies: 2,802 | Blogger: Hibore's blog
£430 is very good value if we ever get back to the racecourse. At least guaranteed to get into the festival if safe and with restrictions very likely. Bring on the Jumps !!
Pause Switch to Standard View Cheltenham membership 20/21
Show More
Report ronnie rails September 20, 2020 10:08 AM BST
Hibore
paid for 2 will be fine if we can walkabout, but if we are stuck in a pen in the middle of nowhere with not a lot to do for 4 days maybe no to tell you the honest truth wish I had never  had paid for mine
have a good day
regards
Ronnie..
Report GAZO September 21, 2020 8:28 AM BST
if crowd limits are low they could put you in the best mate enclosure
Report 3 valleys September 26, 2020 12:16 PM BST
Got this from Ian Renton - as you presumably did as well

Preparations for the dispatch of members’ badges have continued in recent weeks and the first batch was posted yesterday; we anticipate that your pack, which includes your badge for the upcoming season, will arrive with you over the coming weeks.

In the light of the Prime Minister’s announcements yesterday, my accompanying letter now appears unduly optimistic with regard to the likely attendance of Annual Members at Cheltenham in the near future and it would appear that there is a significant chance that your Annual Members’ badge has little value other than a souvenir of the season that never happened.

First time they have been really downbeat about racing in front of crowds on the positive side the email does say
As has been mentioned before, in the event that we have the ability to open the racecourse up beyond participants and racehorse owners, Annual Members will be prioritised.

Its a case of fingers crossed
Report Hibore September 29, 2020 8:42 AM BST
Fingers crossed 3 Valleys. I’d be hopeful that some spectators are allowed into sporting events by March and the membership gives us the best chance.
Report ronnie rails September 29, 2020 9:21 AM BST
Hibore
I got my 2 badges last Friday to tell you the honest truth if we are stuck in a pen for 4 days I will try to get a refund but known Cheltenham it will be you have bought it hard luck.
member at York badge carried forward till next year no problem, Cheltenham no racing till next year a pony admin.
have a good day
regards
Ronnie.
Report San Quentin September 30, 2020 9:01 AM BST
I don't see any general spectators members or not being allowed the whole of the NH season.
Report 3 valleys October 1, 2020 11:01 PM BST
I fear that you are right it certainly doesn't look very bright given all these local lockdowns
Report equine flew October 5, 2020 11:35 AM BST
Agree with Ronnie, I never miss but even if it does get the go ahead, the thought of being restricted to a particular area all day does not appeal.

The recent trial at Doncaster, allowed you to buy tickets for various areas (Pens sounds a bit harsh).

So guess they will do the same; Centaur; Paddock; Members Lawn; Guiness Village, etc.  Very ristrictive and weather could be a issue for outdoor areas.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com