Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SuperHans1
10 Mar 19 06:45
| Topic/replies: 27 | Blogger: SuperHans1's blog
Does anyone know what time Claisse would take his final reading before the Supreme? Could well make a difference if he takes one first thing Tuesday morning but not then until after the Supreme. Thanks for any info.
Pause Switch to Standard View Cheltenham Official Ground
Show More
Report Cash Is King March 10, 2019 7:02 AM GMT
The official going for betting purposes will be determined on Tuesday morning before racing. Claisse is in the habit of describing the going incorrectly and it is not unusual for the going description to change when racing is underway and jockeys have made their comments known.

This year, if the heavy rain arrives in the volumes forecast then it would be highly like that Claisse will have legitimate cause to amend the going description once racing gets underway. The more rain that falls, the softer the ground will become as it gets opened up through racing.
Report SuperHans1 March 10, 2019 7:30 AM GMT
Thanks Cash, everything you say is spot on. I;m trying to find out if he takes his final reading before the Supreme at 6am or Midday, as that could make a difference this year on the official ground before the first. Thanks.
Report foxy March 10, 2019 7:44 AM GMT
I am also interested in the answer to that question,as cash says he has a habit of describing the going incorrectly,a few years ago I backed good he gave it good to soft Timeform had the supreme novice been run on good to firm,the matter of getting these things right as with photo finishes are not at the top of the bha list.
Report geoff m March 10, 2019 8:20 AM GMT
Super Hans in previous years he has given the official going around midday.
Dont think its set in stone and im sure he will leave it as late as possible bearing in mind the forecast for tuesday.
Hes been caught so many times declaring the ground then changing it after the 1st race or so
Report foxy March 10, 2019 8:22 AM GMT
Will he have learned from previous mistakes Geoff ?
Report geoff m March 10, 2019 8:26 AM GMT
I wouldnt bet on that he has. Judging by the form book.
Report SuperHans1 March 10, 2019 8:31 AM GMT
Cheers Geoff, I think Claisse would like to call it good to soft then amend it into racing after a race or two when the Guinness has kicked in. I’ve had a small interest on soft going being declared, so would appreciate a call closer to the off if the forecast is correct. My fear is my wish and Mr Claisse’s are opposites, due to his watering when we had the warm spell. A call closer to the first is most accurate if you’re reading Simon. ;-)
Report malheureusement March 10, 2019 9:02 AM GMT
Geoff is absolutely correct. They will know at 6am on Tuesday how much is on the way in the next few hours. At the December meeting on the Saturday there was a going change announced mid- morning. He may announce a provisional reading early doors but any significant rainfall would lead to an amendment before the Supreme.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com