Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
impossible123
16 Dec 18 15:44
| Topic/replies: 20,374 | Blogger: impossible123's blog
He was very impressive at Navan today over 2m, and will be up in trip, according to Elliot, probably the Lawlor over 20f at Naas next; 20/1 Supreme and Ballymore (Neptune) but no price for Albert Bartlett.
Pause Switch to Standard View Battleoverdoyen
Show More
Report irishone December 16, 2018 8:18 PM GMT
Thought he was very impressive today
Wondered how ground would impact
He loved it
Only worry now is Gordon !
Report impossible123 December 16, 2018 9:17 PM GMT
I was mightily impressed. He'd not have won any easier, and 2nd had good form tied to the next Navan race; Neptune for me,...another Samcro? Here's hoping, and 20/1 was a good price too, all things considered eg Elliot, Gigginstown and next probable race is the Lawlor; if winning will be considerable shorter.
Report impossible123 January 6, 2019 3:28 PM GMT
A comfortable win for him; 2nd fav Tornado Flyer a ran shocking race and was pulled-up with 4 to jump; 3rd fav Come To Me did not seem to stay and finished 2nd last; Getareason was 3rd who'd respectable form against Easy Game and Defi Bleu.

I think Battleoverdoyen could have done with a quicker pace as he seemed a bit lost after jumping into the lead 2 out. However, did quicken after the last when urged on by his jockey.
Report impossible123 January 6, 2019 3:47 PM GMT
I like this quote from Elliot: "I'll have to talk with Micheal and Eddie (O'Leary), but I don't see why he couldn't go to Cheltenham this year. It'll be hurdling this year, and chasing straightaway next year."

Maybe in case some think Elliot might embark on the same course with him as he did with Samcro this year!
Report differentdrum January 6, 2019 4:28 PM GMT
I thought it was an adequate performance in a very average Grade 1. The second who didn't get the best of runs looks a slow plodder. Relative to Champ I think Battleofdoyen is now a shocking price.

Disappointing he missed today's race but I would still be hopeful that Commander Of Fleet will emerge as a bigger danger. His next run should confirm whether or not he has regressed from his promising start.
Report HaylingBilly January 6, 2019 4:57 PM GMT
I couldn't disagree more dd. Ran and won first time out in a Bumper on 28/11, then easily won a maiden 16/12 and then comes out today less than 6 weeks since first run and wins a Grade 1 with ease. I think this is a high quality novice with plenty more to come. I think he should be favourite for the Ballymore. And I think he will be come the day. I'm the President of the Fan Club.
Report Mystic Wind January 6, 2019 5:04 PM GMT
I've backed Battleoverdoyen for the Ballymore both before and after today's win and agree he should be favourite - personally I think Champ is a shocking price!
Report impossible123 January 6, 2019 6:18 PM GMT
I hope connections do not make the same mistake with him as they did with Death Duty (DD) running in the Albert Bartlett where DD ran out off puff 2 out.

I'm on at 20/1 for the Ballymore, and also in trebles/accas with Lalor, Santini, Native River and Min (Ryanair).
Report Hibore January 6, 2019 9:13 PM GMT
Battleoverdoyen has now gone to the top of my “worst value” chart. There must be 8-10 horses who are more highly thought of to make their debuts.
6/1 is bonkers with the likes of Blackbow and Carefully Selected still to come out. I doubt both will go the 3 mile route.
Report HaylingBilly January 6, 2019 9:35 PM GMT
I think it is fair to say any horse in single figures for any of the three novice hurdle races is poor value at this stage.............
Report impossible123 January 8, 2019 7:11 PM GMT
Highly thought off and actual proven ability are two very different thing with horses. But on present form he deserves his position in the market; value is subjective though.

I think Death Duty went off 7/4 for the Albert Bartlett after winning the same here at Naas.
Report impossible123 February 1, 2019 11:44 AM GMT
He's been scratched from The Nathaniel tomorrow; Commander Of Fleet and Defi Bleu are the 2 for Elliot.
Report Mystic Wind February 1, 2019 12:21 PM GMT
Has Elliott offered an explanation for the absence yet?
Report impossible123 February 1, 2019 12:29 PM GMT
Not as yet. Maybe a great opportunity and fact-finding mission for Commander Of Fleet to ascertain Cheltenham target eg Ballymore or Albert Bartlett; Defi Bleu is destined for the latter, I believe.
Report impossible123 February 2, 2019 2:23 PM GMT
His stablemate Commander Of Fleet in the same ownership won The Nathaniel, and needed every yard of 22f. A good omen for connections; the winner is more likely for the Albert Bartlett, I think.
Report differentdrum February 2, 2019 4:30 PM GMT
I agree that Commander Of Fleet will probably go Albert Bartlett but I disagree that he needs three miles. I think he had the race won before the straight and was always just doing enough. That is better form than Battleoverdoyen and I think the early market was correct and Commander Of Fleet should head for the Ballymore. Both horses would be better off in that race.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com