Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
differentdrum
12 Nov 18 19:16
| Topic/replies: 12,171 | Blogger: differentdrum's blog
Almost certainly a nothing race but hard not to be impressed with Epatante. She looked very professional, jumping well enough and quickening smartly on ground that was presumably a good bit quicker than she had previously encountered. Yes, Mullins will no doubt have a battalion of possibles, but I thought the post race 10/1 (now taken) was reasonable. At this stage far better taking that price than throwing a dart at the Supreme. Hopefully, she will soon get a bit of match practice on a more galloping, left handed track. Good to see Geraghty remembered how to ride for Henderson i.e. not out the back of the tv.
Pause Switch to Standard View Mares Novice Hurdle
Show More
Report shockster November 21, 2018 9:35 AM GMT
I have also backed Epatante for this, but be aware it's possible she could go Supreme.  JP McManus has also Sancta Simona in Ireland for this and may want to split them. As Willie Mullins trains Sancta he'll probably want her to run in the Mares. Just something to be wary of.  Having said that JP runs loads of horses against each other.
Report differentdrum November 23, 2018 5:47 PM GMT
At this stage far more likely that the Gifford horse that won today will pitch up in the Supreme. Short of missing the Festival he won't have any other options.
Report unclepuncle November 25, 2018 7:42 PM GMT
Honeysuckle looked a machine on debut but might need further.
Report shockster November 26, 2018 10:48 AM GMT
Good point Differentdrum.  Hope so.
Report differentdrum February 22, 2019 3:14 PM GMT
Probably, not much of a race but she couldn't have done that much better. Her jumping is very good and they couldn't go fast enough for her. I think she remains very much the one to beat and could go on to make her mark in open company. Honeysuckle is a decent staying type but I think Epatante has more pace and her jumping is slicker.
Report Hibore February 22, 2019 4:56 PM GMT
I was very impressed. Can only improve for faster pace and race.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com