Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Hibore
10 Nov 18 16:54
| Topic/replies: 2,712 | Blogger: Hibore's blog
On paper this looked one of the races of the festival. However, I’m convinced this will cut up.
Footpad looked short of pace today and may be now aimed at the Ryanair. Altior looked vunerable in last years Champion for much of the race and is muted to go up in trip for the King George. If he was to run well I doubt they will drop him back to the bare minimum unless the ground was soft. Outside these two there is the OAP Un de sceaux who can’t be getting quicker and Petit Mouchoir who doesn’t jump well enough on last years evidence. I’m taking a chance with Willie Mullins GREAT FIELD at 25/1 and 20/1. This horse has the potential to be a superstar and is unbeaten over fences only rated a few pounds behind Altior. His run style is similar to past winners of the Champion like Special Tiara showing blistering early speed. He had some issues last year and only ran once thrashing Doctor Phoenix. If he ran against Altior there could be 20 lengths between them with 2 flights to go which could be interesting...

After today’s race with Footpad some firms have cut him to 14/1 and 16/1. There is 20/1 still available which I think is very good EW value.

Any thoughts ?
Pause Switch to Standard View Champion Chase
Show More
Report Outlaw1 November 10, 2018 8:15 PM GMT
I'm a big Great field fan too and after today he could well be Mullins No1 in this division come March, the biggest thing in his favour is as his so eccentric and "Gung ho" 2 miles is the only thing he will be running in so its the only race he can run in and there are not many horses you can confidently say that about this far out. Now he has to prove he can stay fit as he has obviously has had a few issues and on paper nothing he has beaten has amounted to anything so tomorrow i'm hoping either "Ordinary world" or "Doctor Phoenix" can win the Fortria chase to add a little substance to his form. he was 25/1 up until the start of this week and 20/1 is prob still a decent price but if we don't see him come Jan 1st no doubt with NRNB he would be 16/1 so until declared somewhere i'm holding off for now.
Report Autocue November 11, 2018 7:08 AM GMT
Having backed Saint Calvados at Cheltenham where he was reduced to rubble and Footpad was foot perfect the only conclusion I can draw from yesterday's race is that Aidan Coleman won't be on the horse again.
Report sageform November 11, 2018 3:53 PM GMT
I would be surprised if Altior ran in any other race at the festival. Unless that was a one off by Footpad, it is his for the taking.
Report duffy November 11, 2018 5:33 PM GMT
Hibore 10 Nov 18 17:54 

Footpad looked short of pace today

That's the one thing he's got in spades that's a certainty, he was beat today through poor jumping and hurting himself through the race. Today was quite clearly not the real Footpad.
Report shockster December 7, 2018 1:24 PM GMT
A cracking 4 runner Tingle Creek tomorrow followed Sunday at Cork with the Hilly Way Chase in which Great Field is declared.
Report buddeliea December 7, 2018 6:21 PM GMT
Be interested to see Great Field,and how he shapes up.
Exciting front runner,the type I always enjoy watching.
Fair bit to find on form to figure in a Champion Chase,horses like Ordinary World and Dr Phoenix aint top level,but hes the type that could get others at it.
Hope he has a good season, stays injury free, and turns up in March.

Would have been very interesting to have seen him at Sandown tomorrow with Saint Calvados and UDS in the race!!!
Be great if they all turned up in March.
Report impossible123 December 8, 2018 4:15 PM GMT
After that Championship performance by Altior will the young(er) pretenders eg Footpad, Min, Great Field pitch against him here or decamp to the Ryanair or even the Champion Hurdle? Lambs to the slaughter come March, all things being equal.
Report impossible123 December 27, 2018 2:36 PM GMT
All things being equal Altior will walk to victory come March at Cheltenham. All Hendo needs is no more unplanned hiccup similar to just prior to his Tingle Creek absence.

A true CHAMPION Altior is!
Report buddeliea December 27, 2018 4:53 PM GMT
yep.....a true champion.

Nowt in Ireland to worry about after today it seems.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com