Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Cash Is King
12 Mar 18 11:45
| Topic/replies: 1,339 | Blogger: Cash Is King's blog
I may be one of Shaman Claisse's harshest critics but I'm pleased that, with decisions regarding interpretation of official going and whether or not to water irrelevant this year, he can now concentrate fully on what he does best which is ensure that racing goes ahead in attritional conditions. Few better than Claisse.  The only other one that springs to mind is Mark Cornford at Plumpton.
Pause Switch to Standard View Claisse now free to concentrate on...
Show More
Report naraic March 12, 2018 11:20 AM GMT
Hi CIK,

What do you mean by the decision regarding the official going is irrelevant? Surely that has not been decided yet?
Report Cash Is King March 12, 2018 11:45 AM GMT
Naraic - Suggest you look at the Festival Weather Watch thread if you can spare the time!

My point is that everyone knows the going will be very testing, irrespective of whether it's officially described as Soft or Heavy.  This contrasts with most Festivals when the traditional "Good to Soft" has meant almost anything.
Report naraic March 12, 2018 11:48 AM GMT
Thanks CIK - Gotcha!

Can it be anything other than heavy at this stage - what ya think?
Report unclepuncle March 12, 2018 5:41 PM GMT
CCM just posted a great video where Claisse blatantly bullshi*s his way to calling it soft tomorrow

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EGUjVVyyqNY

Even if it were borderline heavy/soft or soft/heavy at 8.00am this morning it has rained steadily pretty much all day so surely had to be very heavy right now - there is standing water on th3ctrack in the video and it’s still raining.
Yet he says it might still be borderline and a dry sunny morning might mean it goes soft.

Clearly he is desperate not to call it heavy because of the perceived negative connotations,
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 12, 2018 5:42 PM GMT
The interviewer should have asked any change of it being called Good to Soft tomorrow Laugh
Report unclepuncle March 12, 2018 5:46 PM GMT
He’ll probably change it to g/s in time for the Champion Hurdle.Crazy
Report sageform March 13, 2018 7:52 AM GMT
Why is calling it heavy negative if it has rained for 3 days after heavy snow? Short of covering the course with waterproof sheets, what is he supposed to do. It is the word firm that leads to repercussions.
Report unclepuncle March 13, 2018 8:01 AM GMT
There should be no shame i  calling it heavy if that is what it is. It was just amazing that he was talking about the ground having improved despite it raining all day and there being waterlogged patches on the video.

He has announced it is still heavy/soft in place this morning (rain didn't stop till 1.00am!!) - unlike yesterday no mention that he could swap it around if it dries out through the morning. Still wouldn't put it past him.
Report naraic March 13, 2018 8:13 AM GMT
Maybe Uncle someone had a word with him and told him to cop on?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com