Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sixtwosix
09 Mar 18 17:37
| Topic/replies: 21,521 | Blogger: sixtwosix's blog
Not running at Kelso on Sunday.
Do we think they are going to supplement him for Friday ?
Pause Switch to Standard View American - Gold Cup
Show More
Report lucky22 March 10, 2018 8:03 AM GMT
I hope they will. On soft/heavy ground I really like this horse, can't see him out of the frame if he runs. Thought his run against Definitely Red was good enough given they were fairly easy with him, and he seemed to just blow out at the end. I am on, at a risk of course, but on nonetheless :)
Report kingG111111 March 10, 2018 8:47 AM GMT

Mar 10, 2018 -- 2:03AM, lucky22 wrote:

I hope they will. On soft/heavy ground I really like this horse, can't see him out of the frame if he runs. Thought his run against Definitely Red was good enough given they were fairly easy with him, and he seemed to just blow out at the end. I am on, at a risk of course, but on nonetheless :)

You are completely clueless if you cant see american out of the frame

Report unclepuncle March 10, 2018 8:49 AM GMT
A decent value shout all the same. Had a little on at 85.
Report kingG111111 March 10, 2018 9:54 AM GMT
Its not value whrn its tailed off
Report FOYLESWAR March 10, 2018 10:20 AM GMT
gold cup betting suspended !?
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 10, 2018 10:29 AM GMT
5 day decs
Report DECALEC March 10, 2018 10:37 AM GMT
Was that directed at me PF
Report FOYLESWAR March 10, 2018 11:01 AM GMT
yeah thought so cheers prem !
Report Fangsy March 10, 2018 11:21 AM GMT
5 day stage is at 1200 so it might be something more interesting
Report FOYLESWAR March 10, 2018 11:43 AM GMT
back up the noo !
Report ACStafford March 10, 2018 11:58 AM GMT
Missing from Oddschecker. I'm guessing they haven't supplemented.
Report ACStafford March 10, 2018 12:02 PM GMT
Actually he has been. Should check my facts first!
Report sixtwosix March 10, 2018 12:08 PM GMT
Supplemented ..... on at 350s Cool
Report ACStafford March 10, 2018 12:10 PM GMT
Not sure he's good enough to win, but he's definitely a player in the place market.
Report sixtwosix March 10, 2018 12:12 PM GMT
Might not be , but there are so many horses with question marks.
And he did travel like a dream against Definitely Red.
If he lost because he needed the run he is a player , if he did not have the stamina he is not .
Report ACStafford March 10, 2018 12:19 PM GMT
I thought he was pretty good that day. I couldn't have him at all for it the way he ran at Newbury. I'm not sure if I heard the reasons behind pulling up there. Can anyone enlighten me?
Report unclepuncle March 10, 2018 12:33 PM GMT
Think they just said he didn't get into a prominent position early and then struggled in amongst the big field. Inexperience basically. No injury issue as far as I know.
Report RozelKid March 10, 2018 12:52 PM GMT
SOURCE Lee Mottershead Racing Post live - Harry Fry has revealed on his Betway blog that American, owned by the Jago Family Partnership, has been added to the Gold Cup - at a cost of £27,500 - with Noel Fehily set to ride.

Fry said: "There’s only one Gold Cup and we decided that we’d take our chance. There’s also the added bonus that Noel [Fehily] will now take the ride.

"Obviously we’re not supplementing him because we think we can win, but it’s the blue riband event of our sport and it would be a dream come true for all of us to have a runner in the race.

"With the ground how it is, dafter things have happened and we’d all be thrilled to bits if he could run into a place."

I cant find this reported  blog post which must have been removed - an utterly bizzare post imo   "we’re not supplementing him because we think we can win" wtf??

Looks like the Cotswold form is what i thought it was - Gold Cup Form Wink

I actually think that American was given an easy time in the Cotswold - he let Danny Cook get away from him a bit too easy .
Report ACStafford March 10, 2018 1:19 PM GMT
Cheers uncle. I really liked him as a novice, but the way that he folded in that Hennessy put me off him. The last run was much better and he's interesting if it keeps raining.
Report impossible123 March 10, 2018 3:19 PM GMT
As much chance as President Trump being named the winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, I think.
Report unclepuncle March 10, 2018 3:50 PM GMT
Does that mean a better or worse chance than Found winning the 2016 Arc?
Report unclepuncle March 10, 2018 3:52 PM GMT
Also given Trump is meeting Kin Jong-un soon he may yet get the Nobel Peace Prize.
Given your record when stating things can't happen I am off to oddschecker to see if I can get a price on it.Laugh
Report RozelKid March 13, 2018 5:48 AM GMT
people asking for 33/1 American on the exchanges - wtf is going on ?

Surely even if its heavy ground he wont see out the trip.

Djakadam rated 165 - soft ground ok -  3x grade 1 winner - 40/1 on exchanges

Tea For Two - rated 164 - grade 1 winner - by kayf tara and has proven form on soft - 120/1 exchanges

Double Shuffle rated 166 - gets within a length of Mite Mite on Soft ground in King George- 80/1 exchanges 

American - rated 157 - hasn't beaten anything - never won or even gone close in a graded race - 31/1 and backers asking for 33/1+ on exchanges - as low as 16/1 with one book

SurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprised
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com