Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
rue-the- day
08 Mar 18 16:38
| Topic/replies: 548 | Blogger: rue-the- day's blog
Faugheen now on the drift
Pause Switch to Standard View Faugheen not a certain runner
Show More
Report eric_morris March 8, 2018 4:41 PM GMT
Really thats such a surprise (sarcasm)
Report buddeliea March 8, 2018 6:58 PM GMT
Willie Mullins' star duo Douvan and Faugheen are in "great form" ahead of next week's Cheltenham Festival with both horses reported by the Champion Trainer's son Patrick Mullins to have worked "great" on Thursday morning.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 8, 2018 7:03 PM GMT
Vroum Vroum Mag was working great on Tuesday, retired Wednesday.

Patrick could not split Blackbow and Hollowgraphic on Tuesday night, both in great form. Hollowgraphic not declared Thursday as they're not happy with him.

Anybody taking heed of anything the Closutton stable says is off their fkin heads Laugh
Report eric_morris March 8, 2018 7:03 PM GMT
Ah well that’s a relief thank god they confirmed they are in great form. Ruby has a difficult time with Min and Douvan in the same race. Both will run obviously keep pouring the cash on folks.
Report buddeliea March 8, 2018 7:12 PM GMT
Just saying what they said about the horse today.
It wont get me parting with money though.
Neither been backed and neither will be.
Report eric_morris March 8, 2018 7:14 PM GMT
Yes the Racing Post are happy passing these updates onto punters. They are officially of benefit to punters therefore.
Report eric_morris March 8, 2018 7:16 PM GMT
Correction, the Sporting Life site.
Report impossible123 March 8, 2018 9:28 PM GMT
Faugheen and Douvan ought to be 3/1 each just to show up or 10/1 for a double no show; this stable is famous for its deliberate misinfo.
Report Magic__Daps March 8, 2018 10:12 PM GMT
You would probably get more accurate information from Barney or Mr Best than the Mullins camp. Listen to none of it, or do exactly the opposite. They will still get treated like royalty by the racing journos though, and no questions will be asked at all about all the different information they peddle out.
Report Callisto-moon March 8, 2018 10:51 PM GMT
the shyte they spout is starting to get tedious.
just refuse to comment if you dont want to give anything away.
Report eric_morris March 8, 2018 10:59 PM GMT
Surprised buddelia posted it without his own comment. I read the headline then moved on, havent read or listened to any stable output better to just make your own mind up on runners.
Report charwell. March 8, 2018 11:01 PM GMT
I can't stand the Mullins camp. Between them and Ricci they are continuously putting away the very people who put the money into the sport.

Utter shysters.
Report buddeliea March 9, 2018 7:05 AM GMT
I posted that because it was relevant to the thread.
I did not feel any need to comment,as i have not backed Faugheen or indeed Douvan.
Others may have though,and wanted to let those know in case they had not seen it......then its up to them how they interpret the comments made by connections.
Report FOYLESWAR March 9, 2018 7:10 AM GMT
Report eric_morris March 9, 2018 7:15 AM GMT
Excuse me if i thought you were looking for the responses you got by posting it up without comment for those less wary about the camp.
Report FOYLESWAR March 9, 2018 7:23 AM GMT
would not contemplate backing one of these connections ante post , if you do dont be in the least suprised if ya get fooked over !
Report buddeliea March 9, 2018 7:55 AM GMT
No worries Eric,i got what you were saying.
I think we may share an opinion on quotes from that stable!!
Report SEATHESTARS....NO1 March 9, 2018 8:24 AM GMT
I don't think, in fact no I know for a fact that the betting public have absolutely zero impact on what decisions trainers/owners make when it comes to the plans/welfare of they're horses!

Further more if you think that as a punter you are putting at least an equal share into horse racing than owners such as RR and co then you really are deluded bunch!

This thread really is pocket talking at its worst ShockedSurprisedScared
Report eric_morris March 9, 2018 8:51 AM GMT
Think budd stated he hasnt backed them and i havent so your post is lack of reading threads before commenting at its worst.
Report impossible123 March 9, 2018 9:33 AM GMT
'SEATHESTARS', some of us posters are not pocket-talking and we do understand the perils of betting antepost. Nevertheless, the likes of Mullins and Ricci ought to show some respect and not total disdain to supporters of horse racing (punters as well as we are racegoers too) eg Vautour (Gold Cup or nothing); Douvan/UDS (Tingle Creek); Faugheen (market manipulation before scratched from the Champion Hurdle); Yorkhill/Melon (Dublin Festival).

We (I) are not stupid as can be proven by our successful former day-time job. But at least do not treat us like a moron or something they could step-on the street occasionally.

For your info, I do not back Mullins/Ricci's horses unless they had form and/or suffered a predicament prior to an intended race engagement.
Report SEATHESTARS....NO1 March 9, 2018 9:44 AM GMT
And as if they even read forums such as this one too. Am sure they sleep well at night.

Just saying like and I know it will never happen but let's say my horse improves 2 stone next 2 outings and earns a crack at a race at ascot and I come on say she'll run there, u guys all lump on for that race antepost however in the days leading up we have a change in mind/heart for what ever reason might be the ground the opposition or just a change of mind I'm sure I would log on here and read much of the same about me and Henry too!

Not going to happen just a pipe dream but come on lads these guys are too busy to worry about small time punters like us! Trust me just cos u decide to start boycotting horse racing won't close down or make it go bankrupt Crazy
Report impossible123 March 9, 2018 9:59 AM GMT
Too busy or not one still must not totally rubbish the contributions of supporters. I do not care or lose sleep whether Mullins and/or Ricci read this forum either - I'm not that vain.

I'd rather connections say nothing or give provisos or caveats on what they say rather than deliberately and/or repeatedly mislead punters and supporters short term about their charges targets.

Might not bankrupt horse racing nevertheless, supporters can make a major difference if a ghostly atmosphere is not the norm at racecourses; I certainly would rubbish the likes of mullins/Ricci at racecourses or on air if given the opportunity about their persistent misinfo and market manipulation.
Report Cash Is King March 9, 2018 10:04 AM GMT
Impossible123 - The dilemma the racing journos face is that if they are seen to criticize they'll lose their access privileges and be "sent to Coventry". It's very frustrating when those responsible for bad rides, schooling in public, 180 degree u-turns in running plans are never called to account but what's a journo to do with a career to nurture?
Report impossible123 March 9, 2018 10:09 AM GMT
^^fully aware of this thus most unlikely to partake in runof-the-mill races - a quick way to destitution. Notwithstanding a more dire scenario if their selective silence persists further as it will only exacerbate the situation.
Report SEATHESTARS....NO1 March 9, 2018 10:35 AM GMT
I personally don't think they do mislead punters/supporters. After all their horses get entered in more than one race where a decision on participation is rarely decided upon till the last minute where 99% of all the probabilities are in place. These probabilities change daily and so it is up to the punter/supporter to make an educated decision as to whether he/she wants partake in a punt in these said races whether it be on a Mullins/RR or any other connections. They're not the only outfit to have ever misled us and won't be the last!
Report eric_morris March 9, 2018 11:29 AM GMT
Think seathestars has to realise he isnt talking to naive punters on here. Of course we have no say over horses blah blah next.

We have more betting expertise than they do and that is what is discussed on here.
Report eric_morris March 9, 2018 11:31 AM GMT
Racing needs a McCririck who will say it as it is. ITV have gone way too feable by not having someone to do this. Chapman is one of them not a punter rep.
Report Fistfulofdollars March 9, 2018 11:47 AM GMT
Agreed with the comments here about the lack of clear communication (or at least accurate) from the mullins/ricci camp. We can all in this game understand horses having last minute mishaps of course but the stable is making it almost impossible to bet ante post at cheltenham. To add to the confusing signs we have Max Dynamite who has supposedly been targetted at the county all season and now entered and whose price is shortening for the coral cup. Combine that with Mullins has 10 of the first 26 in the Coral cup, of whom we can assume many will run elsewhere and everybody is playing guessing games on the cut off.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com