Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Fistfulofdollars
26 Feb 18 16:13
| Topic/replies: 288 | Blogger: Fistfulofdollars's blog
That time of year to dream (or place the cap labelled mug punter firmly on!). Harder every year to guarantee runners in cheltenham handicaps but here goes my canadian to stop work. Nearest I came (ante post) was Noble Prince JLT w11/2, Long Run Gold cup w7/1, Jessies Dream RSA 2nd 14/1, Peddlars Cross Ch Hurdle 2nd 11/2 and Ballabriggs Grand Nat w16/1. A good return but hit the bar on the big cheque (glad Jessie's Dream wasn't the last leg :-o). This year here goes:

Cause of Causes (x country) 10/3
00 Seven (Ultima) 20/1
Dounikos (4 miler) 8/1
Bouvreuil (Brown Advisory) 25/1
Seeyouatmidnight (GNational) 33/1
Pause Switch to Standard View Cheltenham 'retirement bank' multiple
Show More
Report Desmond Orchard February 27, 2018 12:12 PM GMT
Mine has already gone t1ts up
EW Lucky 31
Thebannerkingrebel (Bumper) 40/1
Saint Calvados (Arkle) 20/1
Melon (CH) 6/1 Plain
Mite Bite (Gold Cup) 4/1
Fountains Windfall (RSA) 8/1 Sad

Might still collect somewhere along the way, but won't be enough to quit my role in the SAS (I don't like to talk about it, so don't ask).

I'll also do a small ew yankee each day, all double figure prices. Came closest to hitting the jackpot in 2010 on World Hurdle day.
Copper Bleu 12/1
Buena Vista 16/1
Albertas Run 14/1
All won, very twitchy hour until Song of Songs 10/1 fell for McCoy two out - was looking at £50K+, not a life changing amount, but would've made it a winning year.
Good times.
Report Fistfulofdollars February 27, 2018 1:24 PM GMT
Unlucky desmond (re fountains). I backed it on every fall this season but also when it won. Would have been really interesting in the RSA.
Great bet (2010) I remember that song of songs too. I think my canadian was in the £250k area (my target minimum!) but two hit the bar so blood pressure not too high (barring Ballabriggs wandering at the elbow as sam waley cohen made his bid Surprised)
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com