Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Jb23
19 Feb 18 10:52
| Topic/replies: 443 | Blogger: Jb23's blog
Hi All,

Part of the excitement and build up for me for Cheltenham is researching and looking for clues. Usually look at average marks, weights, prep runs, where trainers typically send their runners in prep for each of the races.

In your opinion, who would you say are the best 5 amateur jockeys with the festival in mind? Wanted to have a look into who they typically ride for and their patterns leading up to the festival, but didn't want to miss anyone! Happy to share the results in here afterwards

Thanks in advanced. Happy punting Excited
Pause Switch to Standard View Amateur Jockeys
Show More
Report joevalue147 February 19, 2018 3:01 PM GMT
Derek O'Connor, Jamie Codd, Barry O'Neill , Nina Carberry, Sam Waley-Cohen.
Report rose of the shires February 19, 2018 4:04 PM GMT
James King
Report sageform February 24, 2018 8:57 AM GMT
L Williams is riding many of the P. Nicholls hunter chasers and rode Virak very well at Haydock. I know nothing else about him, but competition for that job is likely to be fierce.
Report asparagus February 25, 2018 3:21 PM GMT
O'Connor is the best, Codd 2nd best and then a group of them with not that much between them.
Report stormey1 February 25, 2018 3:24 PM GMT
Nobody heard any rumours about rides the top amateurs have got lined up for the Festival??
Ive backed Jury Duty for 4 miler so hoping to get 1 of the top jocks on.
Report DontBeSakhee February 26, 2018 6:11 PM GMT
Jamie Codd rides Burning Ambition in the Foxhunters.
Report Cash Is King February 26, 2018 7:44 PM GMT
James King rides Doing Fine for Neil Mulholland in the Kim Muir.
Report Cash Is King February 26, 2018 7:46 PM GMT
Will Biddick vastly overrated.  I can't imagine he'll be appearing on many "top 5 amateur jockey" lists.
Report Jb23 February 26, 2018 8:40 PM GMT
Nicholls Foxhunter Bookings
Virak - Lorcan Williams,
Wonderful Charm - Sam Waley-Cohen,
Pacha Du Polder - Harriet Tucker,
Unioniste - David Maxwell
Report Cash Is King March 2, 2018 3:05 PM GMT
Rumour mill in Ireland seems to be working overtime.

Jamie Codd apparently booked for Jury Duty in the NH Chase (but could switch if Gordon Elliott can persuade Gigginstown to let Dounikos take his chance in the race) and Derek O Connor is set to ride No Comment (the only McManus entry in the race).
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 2, 2018 3:31 PM GMT
Guess that's means Elegant Escape will end up in the RSA then, really wanted him in the 4 miler Sad
Report Can't Catch Me March 2, 2018 3:52 PM GMT
All not lost yet pf... EE been very well backed for the Four Miler today.

Still a couple of decent options outside of Degsy and Codd.... Id be happy enough with SWC or Katie Walsh, neither of whom appear to have obvious rides?

Got everything crossed... its a big one for me with EE backed at 40/1, 33/1 and 25/1 for this race Plain
Report maelduin March 2, 2018 5:26 PM GMT
I'm sure SWC will ride Impulsive Star if he runs.

Barry O'Neill is another amateur i like. I'm hoping he rides Phil's Magic (rode him at the Cheltenham November meeting). Been a while since a horse won the NH Chase rated anywhere around 133 but worth a punt @ 50/1.
Report irishone March 2, 2018 10:36 PM GMT
coddy and derek well clear of many profesional jockeys in u k
nina can ride but decision making slower and less reliable imvho
Report Cash Is King March 4, 2018 11:50 AM GMT
James King riding Sir Jack **** for Richard Spencer in the Foxhunters and Katie Walsh booked to ride Sugar Baron for Chemical Nicky in the Kim Muir.

(Hope she gives it a better ride than she gave Wonderful Charm in the Foxhunters last year.)
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com