Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stormey1
14 Feb 18 15:32
| Topic/replies: 219 | Blogger: stormey1's blog
Was wondering what sort of prices people expected certain horses to be on raceday morning at the Festival.
Heard a bookies rep say Samcro would be around Evens and maybe odds against and it got me thinking.
Obviously a lot depends on which horses actually turn up but I was thinking Getabird could easily be around 3/1 simply as its the 1sr race of meeting.
Any other thoughts on horses prices??
Pause Switch to Standard View Prices On The Day......
Show More
Report BigField February 14, 2018 8:28 PM GMT
don't have the answer I'm afraid but over the last couple of days I've been wondering whether to do my ante-post trebles/multis now or wait until the festival and just back said horses on the exchange and put the winnings on the next one, then the next one etc
Report maelduin February 14, 2018 9:03 PM GMT
Obviously a lot depends on line up but i would be very surprised if they go odds against Samcro on the day. Seems to be some indication that ND might avoid his race so no chance then.

Of the current short priced favs i'd say the layers go after Getabird, Footpad and Altior.
Report BigField February 14, 2018 9:18 PM GMT
would be surprised if they go against getabird (though its the first race so the books always want to get off to a good start), tbh getabird looked equally as if not more impressive than a few of mullins' recent supreme runners/winners and there doesn't appear (at least on face value) to be any Altiors in the mix this year.
Report BigField February 14, 2018 9:20 PM GMT
*sorry I should have been clearer, I meant Getabird looked equally/more impressive than Mullins runners in the Moscow Flyer over the last few years
Report maam8mandingo February 14, 2018 9:58 PM GMT
No doubt skybet will look to get a few favourites beat with some decent offers! Just depends if you can get on and how much!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com