Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Mystic Wind
08 Dec 17 19:29
| Topic/replies: 412 | Blogger: Mystic Wind's blog
He may not have the 'sex appeal' of something trained by Mullins or Nicholls, but SUSSEX RANGER put up a very good performance today, giving weight and a sound beating to a couple of horses rated 90+ on the flat. The time of the race was decent and he looks to have a bit of scope for improvement too. The trainer seemed a bit conservative after the race, mentioning the Fred Winter as a likely target, but I suspect that once Phil Smith and the boys in Halifax have run their rule over today's run he might realise the horse is up to Triumph standard.

2pts win Sussex Ranger @ 33/1

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 196
By:
BigField
When: 20 Dec 17 18:28
I'm on We Have A Dream 20/1 win only for this, chucked £75 on before its race the other day
By:
Mystic Wind
When: 23 Dec 17 17:44
It looks as though Sussex Ranger will be running in the Finale on the 27th - he's been installed as a short-priced fav in early books.

I believe Lydia Hislop reported that the trainer wasn't keen on Chepstow, on the basis that the horse needed a stiffer test/finish to be seen at his best.

Despite that, soft ground shouldn't be a concern so anything less than a very prominent showing (read 'win') will be disappointing.
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 23 Dec 17 21:06
Looks a shocking race at chester hopefully he wins easily.

The Henderson runner midweek looked good (style de garde) but it beat nowt.
By:
ImSoLuckyLucky!
When: 26 Dec 17 15:27
Cromwell hoss wins the g2 at Leapardstown

Thought the 2nd making his debut showed a lot of promise

fARCIAS

Wink
By:
That is all
When: 06 Jan 18 12:01
Could be ripples in the Triumph market later today - Sussex Ranger & We Have a Dream both running at 1.35...
By:
unclepuncle
When: 06 Jan 18 14:07
Impressed by that - guess it's chance depends on whether they run Apples in the Mares novice race instead of the Triumph.
By:
That is all
When: 06 Jan 18 18:20
Front 2 pulled well clear of the rest - agreed if turns up in the Triumph would have a decent chance from what’s on offer form wise so far!
By:
Mystic Wind
When: 06 Jan 18 20:01
Obviously would have preferred a victory for SR today, but I think he lost little in defeat. He was pulling Jamie's arms out for the first mile, suggesting the pace wasn't strong enough. It therefore turned into a bit of a sprint and he got beaten by a horse with more natural speed. A bigger field, stronger pace and stiffer finish at Cheltenham would certainly suit him better and give him a chance of turning the tables on the winner.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 07 Jan 18 12:51
I personally think NJH will he delighted as he knows Apples Shakira is in a different league to WHAD at home :)
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 07 Jan 18 15:41
Is Apple's Shakira eligible for the Mare's Novice Hurdle? I can't see anything to suggest she would n't be but somebody else might know better.

Not saying it's likely but same CD as Triumph - although I'm assuming that any 4yo allowance would be more than offset by the fact that she's already won a Grade 2?
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 07 Jan 18 16:11
Yes she is RH and I definitely think it's an option for her.
By:
shockster
When: 08 Jan 18 13:46
Apples Shakira is eligible for all the Novice races which makes her a dodgy proposition for betting especially when the owner has another good one in Espoir Dallen for the Triumph.  Would make sense for AS to run in the Mares and give JP 2 chances of winning?  Hendo also has We Have Dream so you can see why he'd go along with it also!!!!!

NRNB has to be the call.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 08 Jan 18 13:51
This is exactly my worry. JP also has a few exciting juvenile recruits we havent seen yet like Demopolis.

And NJH also has Style de Garde who I thought looked potentially exciting first time up to go along with WHAD. He might think he has a great hand with these two and a penalty kick in the Mares Novice. When you add the fact Unibet are standout top price on AS for the Triumph, its certainly a worry.

I won't be having any more on her until NRNB.
By:
Mystic Wind
When: 08 Jan 18 19:37
Personally, I think AS is over-rated and way too short and that WHAD ought to be favourite after Saturday's performance - although I also think SR has a realistic chance of turning it around at Cheltenham. I guess that's what this game is all about - opinions.

Jacob's post-race comments were interesting and alluded to the high regard they have for WHAD "we wanted to teach him something today, winning at the same time" - treating a Grade 1 as an educational race!
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 08 Jan 18 20:35
If WHAD really is top class, and I'm not saying he isn't, I think you'd have to be keeping a very close eye out for Sao who Jared Sullivan has sent to PN and Demopolis who JP has sent to Hobbs. Slight concern neither have been out yet, but both beat WHAD out of sight in France.
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 08 Jan 18 20:41
A horse with Sussex Ranger's breeding should surely appreciate better ground than Saturday - I know it does n't always work like that but...
By:
shockster
When: 08 Jan 18 20:45
Haha CCM, I was just going through WHAD form and was about to post the same. Unbelievable. Didn't realise Demopolis was with Hobbs though. That horse Good Happy looks useful for Soude/Munit also but still in France.
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 08 Jan 18 20:58
I'd not be overly concerned about their absence CCM - Hobbs stable just emerging from a spell in the doldrums and Nicholls has form for introducing his best juvenile late in the day.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 08 Jan 18 21:29
True enough RH.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 08 Jan 18 21:29
Great minds shockster :)
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 08 Jan 18 21:37
On a line through Sao, I actually can't believe Style de Garde is such a big price myself. Got some 40/1 before his debut and I thought he was really impressive, but for some reason 33/1 is still widely available. He's out later this week so will hopefully shorten considerably.

But he looked like he was going to finish close enough to Sao when that one fell, when they both made their debut, then hosed up next time from a horse who had run very respectably first time up.

I'm on AS too, but StG is my biggest winner.
By:
Mystic Wind
When: 09 Jan 18 06:56
I appreciate that WHAD's French form doesn't look as good as others now stabled more locally, but there is the distinct possibility that NJH has found considerable improvement. Anyway, money-where-my-mouth-is time, I've had a saver on WHAD.

2pts win Sussex Ranger @ 33/1
1pt win We Have A Dream @ 8/1
By:
BigField
When: 10 Jan 18 15:07
Happy with that perofmrance from WHAD, will definitely be better on the Cheltenham ground (assuming it isn't a bog), feeling quietly confident, though will probably have some saver(s) like a Samcro/Apples Shakira double or something like that
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 11 Jan 18 22:40
Style de Garde odds on against Gumball tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a big performance.
By:
Mystic Wind
When: 12 Jan 18 15:40
Funny old race at Huntingdon today. The winner has obviously come on since being thrashed by Sussex Ranger at Sandown. Did anyone catch what Gary Moore said about Sussex Ranger on Attheraces before the off? I got distracted and missed it!
By:
Mystic Wind
When: 13 Jan 18 13:28
Redicean won easily again today, but once again it was a slow-run affair and his hurdling technique doesn't look that great to me. King has suggested he may run on Trials Day - where he's likely to meet Apple's Shakira, that should tell us a lot more about him.
By:
BigField
When: 14 Jan 18 00:35
Yeah Redicean was very impressive today, still feel the only danger to WHAD is the fav
By:
Quevega06
When: 14 Jan 18 09:37
Mystic Gary said he's a better one running at A Scot next week.
By:
Quevega06
When: 14 Jan 18 09:37
Ascot#
By:
Mystic Wind
When: 14 Jan 18 20:32
Hi Q, I'd be surprised if GM had one better than SR, but thanks all the same.
By:
Quevega06
When: 15 Jan 18 20:00
https://www.theirishfield.ie/willie-mullins-reveals-his-dublin-racing-festival-entries-338650/
By:
Quevega06
When: 15 Jan 18 20:00
Willies festival hopes
By:
Lady Margaret
When: 16 Jan 18 22:22
Have backed Stormy Ireland e/w at 12/1 after the nod from someone with good contacts to the Mullins yard who told me to get on Total Recall for the Ladbroke
By:
Quevega06
When: 16 Jan 18 23:00
I'm hearing good reports also. I bet Farclas as I think it'll get alot closer to Espoir if not beat it nto.
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 17 Jan 18 00:04
The horse Gary Moore was talking about must be Et Moi Alors now entered in the first at Ascot on Saturday. I think what he said was tongue in cheek and he was winding Nick Luck up a bit but he said Sussex Ranger was the best one he'd run so far and he only had one more left to run but could n't remember it's name because it was French!

The Ascot race is probably worth keeping an eye on - previous winners include Binocular, Zaynar, Grandouet, Balder Succes and Top Notch (although Henderson does n't have an entry this year).

Nayati is entered up for Alan King (Moore should have a line on that one through Kapdad) and Oistrakh Le Noir could be interesting for Ben Pauling, Munir and Souede.
By:
DontBeSakhee
When: 20 Jan 18 12:59
I backed Et Moi today and for the Triumph. I can get my money back with B365. What's people's thought on that? Probably would've won had it stood up, but was that Triumph form?
By:
Callisto-moon
When: 20 Jan 18 13:25
moores ones a superstar.
By:
BigField
When: 20 Jan 18 14:06
Yeah most likely would have won, not sure it would have beaten much - though the ground was testing so could well improve for better ground and experience.
By:
DontBeSakhee
When: 20 Jan 18 15:39
Had a few winners today which has covered my outlay including the bet on Et Moi so no need to cash it out. Will keep it in case, it'll have to run again if they are planning on going to the Supreme, so will know my fate then.
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com