Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Mr Eboue
28 Feb 17 21:49
| Topic/replies: 26,470 | Blogger: Mr Eboue's blog
Handicap weights announced, plus a press conference with NTD, Henderson, King, Mullholland, Henderson, Greatrex, Pauling, Longsdon, Joe Tizzard and Tom George.

If you want any questions asked on any of the aboves runners - speak now.
Pause Switch to Standard View I'm off to Prestbury Park tomorrow
Show More
Report FOYLESWAR February 28, 2017 9:53 PM GMT
to hendo what race for hargam ,county or coral cup  thanks
Report deakers February 28, 2017 9:54 PM GMT
Thanks Mr E, can you ask Neil Mulholland if Indian Stream is still on target for the Mares?
Cheers
Report Can't Catch Me February 28, 2017 10:04 PM GMT
Foyleswar has already asked my question!
Report Can't Catch Me February 28, 2017 10:06 PM GMT
Would be interested to hear what Greatrex has to say about Western Ryder too mate. Will only be 6lb's better off with Daphne du Clos if she runs and does he think that will be enough!

A lot being made of the fact he gave her 21lb last time, but will still have to give her 16lb in the big one.
Report duffy March 1, 2017 1:43 AM GMT
CCM

Greatrex was on "on the line" on Monday and said that WR he has come on for the Newbury run and thinks he goes there with a leading chance. Watch it from the  1 hour 55 mins mark if you want to listen to all he says...very bullish about CH incidentally.
Report buddeliea March 1, 2017 7:55 AM GMT
Hello Mr Eboue

Any chance you could keep us updated on the weather situation, as previous years??
Be very helpful and much appreciated if you could.

On the subject....could you ask NTD about Bristol De Mai's chances?
Report rogerthebutler March 1, 2017 8:59 AM GMT
....and why he has been lukewarm about Blaklion at his favourite course and (likely) favourite ground and with winning Festival form?
Report Goretski March 1, 2017 9:11 AM GMT
Any chance you could put to Mullholland Shantou Villages target and an update on his wellbeing?

Cheers
Report Can't Catch Me March 1, 2017 9:15 AM GMT
Cheers Duffy
Report Mr Eboue March 1, 2017 6:52 PM GMT
Greatrex seemed confident of a big run from Western Ryder. Obviously hard to quantify the form of many runners but I got the feeling he'll be disappointed if he doesn't make the frame.

Henderson said Hargam is likely to go County Hurdle. I didn't sense that much confidence to be honest.

I'm sorry in regard of Indian Stream - forgot to ask Mulholland.

Weather wise it's been mostly dry today with the odd spot of light drizzle.
Report Mr Eboue March 1, 2017 6:59 PM GMT
Unsurprisingly Jonjo O'Neill said absolutely nothing of value.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 1, 2017 7:18 PM GMT
You didn't happen to ask Nicky for Camilla's phone number by ask chance Mr Eboue ??
Report Can't Catch Me March 1, 2017 7:30 PM GMT
Brill, cheers Mr E. Makes me feel even more about a Hargam then... JP won't want anything revealing just yet!
Report FOYLESWAR March 1, 2017 8:06 PM GMT
thats just what i was thinking ccm Wink
Report DontBeSakhee March 1, 2017 10:09 PM GMT
I've had a sniff on Hargam earlier today for both CC and CH at 33. His mark is dangerously low and there is a lot juice in the price at the moment with NRNB.
Report Mr Eboue March 2, 2017 1:09 PM GMT
Just back from a morning with Nigel Twiston-Davies who says Foxtail Hill is his best chance of a winner. Some serious confidence behind that one.

He expects Ballyandy to run a big race, not too concerned with the Irish.

Wholestone - 'Has gone a bit under the radar. The Tizzard horse (West Approach) is good but we've beaten him twice,"

He also said Bristol de Man wasn't right last time out.
Report Can't Catch Me March 2, 2017 1:19 PM GMT
Nice one Mr E. In the Novice Handicap Chase or the Plate? Betting suggests its the former, but he will go off near enough top weight in that race.
Report Mr Eboue March 2, 2017 1:34 PM GMT
The 2m4f Novice handicap on day one pal.

I forgot to mention - When Blaklion went up the gallops NTD said: "There's the National winner. No need to run the race, we know he'll win."

Obviously a joke but he was incredibly complimentary towards his chances at Aintree.
Report harry callaghan March 2, 2017 1:36 PM GMT
does he say ballyandy goes for supreme mr eboue?
Report Mr Eboue March 2, 2017 1:37 PM GMT
Yes harry he's going Supreme.
Report harry callaghan March 2, 2017 1:49 PM GMT
ok thx eboue...i don't get all this stuff about the neptune
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 2, 2017 4:45 PM GMT
Cheers Mr E.

Im a big Foxtail Hill fan, the novice handicap on the first day usually only has a few lbs between top and bottom weights so its all about getting in the race with a mark near to 145.
Report HaylingBilly March 2, 2017 4:51 PM GMT
IS - not sure 145 helps mate, its a 0-140 Handicap. But you are right the weights are very compressed 136-140 last year.
Report rogerthebutler March 2, 2017 4:51 PM GMT
Love the way Twiston-Davies campaigns his horses, but dear God every one of his geese are swans if you listen to him

I thought The New One was supposed to pi$$ up in the Champion Hurdle too - oh well, if not this year then there's always next!
Report duffy March 2, 2017 4:54 PM GMT
When TNO has finally departed this mortal coil NTD will still enter for the CH each year
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 2, 2017 7:22 PM GMT
My mistake its a 140 handicap.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com