Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Paterson92
22 Jan 17 09:35
| Topic/replies: 1,091 | Blogger: Paterson92's blog
That debut performance at Kempton really was something special and haven't been able to get it out of my head since. As good as Defi Du Seuil has been and deserves to be the current Triumph favourite, I can't help but feel Charli Parcs could be the one to side with wherever he ends up.

When asked if Charli Parcs would be aimed at the Triumph or Supreme, he gave the following response on his SJ blog:

Q. Charli Parcs, Supreme or Triumph?

A. "It won’t be my call, that’s down to JP who also has Defi Du Seuil who won the Finale Hurdle (and is Triumph Hurdle favourite) plus a whole host in Ireland and he’ll want to split the troops up, I’m sure. I am quite keen for Charli to run at Cheltenham on Trials day (28th January) to see if he copes with the course. I’d be quite confident with him going for something like the Adonis but that wouldn’t tell us anything so I’d like to see him at Prestbury Park if we are going to go there in March. If Philip Hobbs’ horse runs we might even consider skipping the Festival and go straight to Aintree. Time will tell."

Admittedly the form of Charli Parcs doesn't look too strong, however he hadn't broke sweat when giving weight and a significant beating to his rivals. The 2nd Master Blueyes came a neck 2nd next time out to another Henderson debutant Divin Bere.

Given the fact the Supreme looks wide open this year and that McManus has so many Juveniles to split, you'd imagine one of the big 2 (Defi or Charli) may head there instead of the Triumph. He could have more to come as well before then.

I've actually thrown a few quid on Charli Parcs at 8/1 for the Supreme as it's NRNB with Sky Bet. However, would be very much of interest should he go for the Triumph, hopefully NRNB will be available sooner rather than later.
Show More
Report Ramruma January 22, 2017 1:49 PM GMT
We are used to Willie Mullins shuffling the pack to keep his stars apart but this year it seems to be going under the radar that JP also has an embarrassment of riches.

It may be that if the sun shines and the watering can comes out, then probably Tuesday's ground will be softer than Friday's, in which case maybe JP will send Defi du Seuil to the Supreme and leave Charli Parcs for the Triumph. That might also tie in with Defi being more experienced.

Is 8/1 a good price though? Would he be much shorter on Tuesday morning? (Assuming Moon Racer is not diverted to the Champion Hurdle, which is also possible, depending what happens with Faugheen and Annie Power.)

Even with NRNB it still looks too hard for me.
Report maelduin January 22, 2017 5:26 PM GMT
Big fan of this horse myself. Was very impressed by the way he jumped and traveled through his race. Don't see any reason why they wouldn't send him to Cheltenham next week as we already know DDS likes the track (plus he's had 4 runs this season). Surely they'll give DDS a break until something like the Adonis end of February. As for JP's Irish based juveniles it seems the hype around the ex-Coolmore recruits has not been justified yet. Granted Landofhopeandglory has run well but none of them are potentially as good as the English pair. imo

I think the 8/1 NRNB for the Supreme is a decent bet as they'll only send him to this race if they thought he had a huge chance. At the moment the race looks wide open so if he steps up on his next run who knows. Maybe this time next week we'll have a new Triumph/Supreme fav.
Report harry callaghan January 22, 2017 6:06 PM GMT
why does every horse of interest have to have his own thread just post thoughts on supreme or triumph threads...it is relentless
Report Paterson92 January 22, 2017 8:56 PM GMT
Impossible to keep everyone happy, my apologies!
Report maelduin January 23, 2017 3:22 PM GMT
Don't worry about it Paterson92. Nothing wrong with highlighting certain horses especially when target is still unknown. imo.

@CheltenhamNews Defi Du Seuil and Charli Parcs among the 11 entered for the Finesse Juvenile Hurdle at Cheltenham on Saturday.
Report Roger The Butler January 23, 2017 10:55 PM GMT
Cheltenham Racecourse have written to JP asking him not to declare Defi Du Seuil for Saturday. They don't want the sh1t kicked out of all their hurdles this close to the Festival with less than two months to get them replaced.
Report Hilly January 24, 2017 9:29 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaugh
Report FOYLESWAR January 24, 2017 10:06 PM GMT
very good rogLaugh
Report harry callaghan January 28, 2017 4:16 AM GMT
big day for the good horse tomorrow apologies for being a bit off only because i didn't want him to be ramped...i have to say he was my nap of the festival and was going to engage in a major wager in him, anyway with all the speculation in regards race target i haven't played but expect him to be big favorite for the triumph after tomorrow i believe him to be a monster for the future

anyway will just shut my eyes and prey i can still bet him come the day after tomorrow but expect him to be strong fav after this race...

if jp didn't have so many runners i believe him to be a play for the triumph and all the nonsense talked about binocular is bollox imo in regards supreme as how can you compare? after all binocular was already a battle hardened flat horse this horse is not

if the ground tomorrow after having the covers on turn was to turn like glue like normal, this defi du soul really shouldn't be ignored and may nullify his speed... an interesting match imo and maybe charli parcs is just slightly over bet tomorrow judging by prices

we will see a cracking match imo however tomorrow is not the day to play at the odds...we will see, just preying we can still play after this race
Report Ramruma January 28, 2017 4:44 AM GMT
we will see a cracking match imo

Or will one be pulled out -- if the intention was always to run Defi Du Seuil on soft or Charli Parcs on good ground, depending on how much rain the course takes?
Report Ramruma January 28, 2017 4:51 AM GMT
Just read Can't Catch Me on the other thread: Frank Berry said on Friday morning: "At the moment Charli Parcs is a definite runner. Defi would only run if the ground becomes very heavy, in which case it's possible Charli Parcs wouldn't run. Nothing is set in stone, though."

Charli Parcs looks head and shoulders above the other juveniles we've seen but we still don't know if he will run in the Triumph and JP also has more to come in Ireland where he has a dozen or so ex-Coolmore horses with Joseph O'Brien.
Report maelduin January 28, 2017 12:20 PM GMT
Disappointed not to see him today but looks like they wanted to get this run into DDS before freshening him up for Cheltenham. Sounds like the plan for CF will be Triumph Hurdle Trial @ Musselburgh next weekend then onto the Adonis - Nicky mentioned this on a tweet. Fingers crossed.
Report Deptford January 28, 2017 6:51 PM GMT
Defi for Triumph, CP for Supreme
Report Ramruma January 28, 2017 7:40 PM GMT
Defi for Triumph, CP for Supreme

I'd have thought the other way round based on going preferences but of course we also need to factor in JP's other contenders with Joseph O'Brien, and the possibility of the Champion Hurdle opening up. My plan is to wait and see.
Report Spirit January 29, 2017 7:56 PM GMT
Money for supreme tonight, exchange and bookmakers
Report harry callaghan January 30, 2017 4:28 PM GMT
a lot of money for supreme so glad i've kept the powder dry with him...

i realise he has the other horse but quite surprised if he goes supreme after all he has only had 2 career life time starts so far... comparisons to binocular who ran in the supreme surprise me a little as he was battle hardened flat horse who had had 8 starts on the flat...

anyway i suppose the owner has plenty running at the festival not sure i get the supreme angle so will see how it all pans out, as have no wager on him at present and no wish to second guess this crew but looking like supreme at this point, some people clearly know more than others
Report maelduin February 11, 2017 6:05 PM GMT
@dcubbard – How does Charli Parcs compare to last season’s Supreme horses Buveur D’Air and Altior?

@sevenbarrows I think Charli is a very high-class horse and I would be pushed to say he is as good as Altior because HE is as good as it gets but I’d certainly say (at their novice stage) Charli definitely as good as Buveur D’air, yes.

AND he'll get a 8lb allowance in the Supreme. Roll on the Adonis next week. Excited
Report That is all February 25, 2017 5:18 AM GMT
Harry - PP have priced up Charli Parcs to win the Adonis today & any race at the Festival at 11/2... everyone expects him to dot up today so not sure how much the quotes for the Supreme/Triumph will change but maybe a good angle to get in at better odds than the NRNB quotes around 9/2 if you fancy him for either & not clear indication still where he'll run...
Report foolsgold123 February 25, 2017 9:23 AM GMT
Will Hills win today and Cheltenham 17/1 with the 17 days to go countdown special.
Report foolsgold123 February 25, 2017 9:43 AM GMT
They have now changed it to win by 5l and win @ Cheltenham. Luckily I got £20 on the win today and Cheltenham.
Report Fordwise February 25, 2017 9:43 AM GMT
Win today BY 5 LENGTHS OR MORE...
Report ReaseHeath February 25, 2017 9:49 AM GMT
Don't forget McCoy works for Hills Wink
Report the bloob February 25, 2017 10:00 AM GMT
great offer apart from the 5 lengths bit, I can see them running a bit cosy with the big race so close, just hands and heels for a nice, snug victory by 3 lengths
Report That is all February 25, 2017 1:55 PM GMT
That run seemed too bad to be true?!
Report unclepuncle February 25, 2017 2:09 PM GMT
Why?
He made a mistake and met some traffic problems but was then back bang in contention when falling at the second last.
Hard to say if he would beaten the winner, but Master Blueyes wad decent flat horse who has improved with every run and would have loved the good'ish ground.
Report That is all February 25, 2017 2:15 PM GMT
Off the bridle a long way out & looked laboured to me, agree he came back into contention when falling but that didn't look like the winner of either the Supreme or Triumph to me there...
Report duffy February 25, 2017 2:21 PM GMT
He deffo aint no defi
Report unclepuncle February 25, 2017 2:28 PM GMT
I was actually impressed that he could come back on the bridle after being hard ridden and receiving a few back handers from Barry.

Presumably won't go to Cheltenham now but he'd be on my radar for Aintree.
Report Angela Rebecchi March 15, 2017 4:06 AM GMT
Wins the Triumph surely.
Report maelduin March 15, 2017 10:42 AM GMT
Very disappointing run last time even though i think he would have won if he stood up. Hopefully he was just having an off day and will come good on Friday. GL
Report the bloob March 15, 2017 8:27 PM GMT
I can't have the form of Master Blueyes at all, I think the last run was massively flattering, I know Divin Bere did some good for the previous form today but I think the current price is crazy. I still think he had the bearing of Charli Parcs that day, I am surprised by the gamble going on with Charli Parcs now, or maybe something was amiss that day?
Report duffy March 15, 2017 11:56 PM GMT
Henderson flying and listening to him thinks CP is the 2nd coming, reckon he will go off fav.
Report Angela Rebecchi March 16, 2017 12:20 AM GMT
I got 7/1 NRNB not so long ago.
Report Angela Rebecchi March 17, 2017 2:12 AM GMT
Gordon Elliot and PFN both seemed to write it's chances off at the preview night, but Hendo and I are still keen.
Report impossible123 March 17, 2017 8:32 AM GMT
Will the ground be sufficiently better for his liking? The winning times yesterday were slow and considerably below standard in every race.
Report wellchief March 17, 2017 8:40 AM GMT
Like the Fred Winter, with such little form to go off, this is one race I stay well clear of.

Fwiw though, I couldn't back CP at the prices after his last run.
Report impossible123 March 17, 2017 8:46 AM GMT
CP is no value now (with the ground); I think DDS will win but the Irish could be more than a thorn on his side. Not hoping for much despite holding anteposts for DDS, Bapaume, Landofhopeandglory and CP (10/1) after his defeat in the Adonis.
Report Deptford March 17, 2017 6:48 PM GMT
Good old Nicky, top class at talking one up, the winner is a beast
Report Angela Rebecchi March 18, 2017 2:39 AM GMT
Another Hargam, he was talked up to the hilt, now look at him.
Report Graeme83 March 18, 2017 9:54 PM GMT
^^^^ exactly what i was thinking.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com