Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FOYLESWAR
10 Jan 17 22:33
| Topic/replies: 23,954 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog
have had a few squid on this  for the jlt  , if i remember right it pished up in a 2 bob race travelled and  jumped well .a mullins /ricci french import ,going on memory as i cant work the fookin atr video to watch reruns  just stuck in my mind and now i have invested ,probably a mug bet but its a biggish price and a score lost is not the end of the world ,iirc   mullins was unusually  very upbeat about this horse praising its jumping and and i remember thinking at the time "he thinks a fair bit of that one, and you would think he would know a good un  when he sees it  " total shot in the dark here  and lots of guesswork but if you dont buy a ticket you wont win the raffle  ! anyone else have any veiws or snippets on this dark un ?
Pause Switch to Standard View benie des dieux
Show More
Report barnesey January 10, 2017 11:23 PM GMT
Yes I watched the race foyles thought she was very impressive jumped very well and done what she had to, but like you say not sure the race was up to much. Managed to get £8 at 200/1 for the JLT and £6 on at 90/1 for RSA on here, thought it was maybe a mug bet but with American Tom blotting his copybook she could easily be the owners JLT horse, although I'm not sure sending a mare to a novice chase at Cheltenham is something the stable usually do?
Report FOYLESWAR January 11, 2017 7:23 AM GMT
well done on getting those prices barnsey  and good luck , keeps it interesting for the next few months !
Report Can't Catch Me January 11, 2017 7:32 AM GMT
Rich Ricci said Willie text him after the race and said 'Benie des Douvan'!

Definitely one I will be backing once the target is clear, But I just couldn't decide what race they might go for and wondered if they might give Cheltenham a miss. Will be tough to beat Yorkhill in the JLT imo and the RSA might be a bit of a slog for a young mare.
Report FOYLESWAR January 11, 2017 8:09 AM GMT
a long way to go of course and the festival may not be on their minds at all but the ricci text is not shabby  , 3 runs on the flat in france winning one , straight over fences no messing about with hurdles .
Report FOYLESWAR January 11, 2017 2:44 PM GMT
took some 170 on here  early this morning for benie for the rsa ,only for buttons but had to go in !
Report thornton reed January 26, 2017 1:00 PM GMT
Only entered in Arkle - any chance she goes there, with Min stepping up and Yorkhill rerouting to Champion Hurdle?
Report SEATHESTARS....NO1 January 26, 2017 1:14 PM GMT
I've just had £3 on him in Arkle at avg odds 173

Will surely be a decent trade if targeting this will be around 20s in market
Report SEATHESTARS....NO1 January 26, 2017 1:19 PM GMT
As is her only entry, could it be she goes arkle (does she get a weight allowance?) yorkhill switch to churdle min jlt??
Report duffy January 26, 2017 1:23 PM GMT
I'm not getting why Min would switch to the JLT, Altior isn't at the standard yet that it needs avoiding, Min is a strong 2nd fav. with connections probably fancying their chances, why then up it in trip, (which would be an unknown in itself) to contest a lesser race?
Report duffy January 26, 2017 1:24 PM GMT
^
even if yorkhill misses the race
Report thornton reed January 26, 2017 1:37 PM GMT
I've had a couple of quid on as well.

I obviously don't know what the final decision is on Willie's horses and I'm not saying that Min won't run in the Arkle. Personally I think it is worth chancing at massive odds given Min has to reverse form with Altior and Ruby suggested he would be fine stepping up in trip after his last run. Given Wille's usual entry policy I was surprised she was only entered in the Arkle and think it is quite notable. Not sure Willie considers the JLT a lesser race given he sent Vautour there.
Report duffy January 26, 2017 1:45 PM GMT
I think Vautour running in the JLT was more a case of him being more versatile than UDS who ran in and won the Arkle that year, it still gave them 2 hotpots in both races, wouldn't be the same of withdrawing Min from the Arkle this year. I believe that connections do think that Min was inconvenienced in last years Supreme and certainly would like the chance to redress the balance , so there is that too.
Report thornton reed January 27, 2017 1:19 PM GMT
The Min news looked to have strengthened this position.
Report FOYLESWAR February 6, 2017 4:42 PM GMT
indeed thornton Cool
Report thornton reed February 11, 2017 5:03 PM GMT
True, only downside is the small obstacle that is Altior!!
Report WWWW22 February 13, 2017 8:56 PM GMT
Won't be lining up. Out for season injured.
Report koikeeper December 3, 2017 9:14 AM GMT
Returns in the 1.20 Carlisle..looks a decent little race.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com