Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Catch Me ifyoucan
12 Oct 16 00:19
| Topic/replies: 18,579 | Blogger: Catch Me ifyoucan's blog
Coral Cup winner, DIAMOND KING (a drifter from 1/2 to 4/5 on track) took the transition to fences in style to land the Beginners Chase under Davy Russell at Galyway.
DK took over at the last and from there home it was very easy for Gordon Elliott's charge as he strode clear by fourteen lengths.

"I thought he was very good and he jumped class. He will come on a lot for the run as he is not fit," stated Elliott. "We were keen enough to get him out before Davy's suspension starts. I'd imagine he might have one more racecourse school before going straight for the Drinmore. I don't think he is real heavy ground horse so he might just miss that middle part of the season, and come back in the spring for the festivals. He is a real good moving horse and jumps really good."

Spoilsports 20/1 for the Arkle, and 12/1 for the JLT while Paddy Poorer are 10s from 14s for the JLT Novices' Chase. Devil

McCain always knew Diamond King had it in him.....he must be sick as a chip...likely put his foot through the telly, these are testing times.....the 2/7 beaten at Bangor is a distant memory now...Those Whateley's never seem to buy any duds, they always earn their keep - anyone know how they pick 'em?.....lewisham ranger - "doesn't have the drugs that the Irish Trainers do".
Pause Switch to Standard View ((( DIAMOND KING )))
Show More
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 12, 2016 12:20 AM BST
* Galway today
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 12, 2016 12:39 AM BST
Madness having a bet just yet with the likes of Yorkhill, Altior, Aux Ptits Soins, Buveur Dair, Min, Identity Thief, Yanworth, & Top Notch waiting in the wings.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! October 16, 2016 3:38 PM BST
Been told by a birdie ,Yorkhill going hurdlling

One less to deal with

Devil
Report bigben October 16, 2016 8:50 PM BST
I'd be very suprised if Yorkhill doesn't go over fences personally.
Report irishone October 18, 2016 4:58 AM BST
I was impressed with that performance last tuesday and have lumped on accordingly, the bumper was also very revealing , with ninas coming back with a change of pace to beat coddy in the final furlong. Denis hogan was pushing the **** out of his winner 4 furlongs out and smacking the **** out of it a furlong out. I have no doubt there was a cheltenham winner on show there last week , a great tribute to a poorly attended event on the west coast of ireland.
Report Jb23 October 18, 2016 11:30 AM BST
A 154-rated hurdler, he won four of his five starts in novice hurdles last season including the Neptune Novices’ Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival.
“He has won a point-to-point and jumps fences well, but we haven’t made a final decision whether he stays hurdling or goes chasing yet. I think he could make a fantastic hurdle horse. He isn’t too far away from a run.”

http://jumps.attheraces.com/stable-tours/willie-mullins

RE: Yorkhill
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com