Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Paterson92
22 Jun 16 18:15
| Topic/replies: 1,074 | Blogger: Paterson92's blog
Seems like a perfectly reasonable time to try and guess the winner of the Champion Hurdle, Champion Chase, World Hurdle and Gold Cup.

Ps it's just for a bit of fun, just incase sergeant serious tries to shoot me down in flames for having the nerve to even breathe jumps during the flat season.

So here goes ....

Champion Hurdle - Altior
Champion Chase - Douvan
World Hurdle - Faugheen/Annie Power (whichever one doesn't line up in the Champion Hurdle)
Gold Cup - Thistlecrack
Pause Switch to Standard View Only 9 months to go ....
Show More
Report timtin June 22, 2016 11:14 PM BST
I've said it on Faugheen thread after the Supreme, Altior will be his biggest challenge to date, he's too good for anything Mullins ever had, bar Faugheen. But if they are confident enough in Annie for the CH then Faugheen should, be any sensible logic and the horse legacy in mind, go chasing and for 2017 GC. They have Vautour for that but he couldn't even beat Cue Card, let alone Don or Coneygree if they both return to track in good order or Thistlecrack if he takes well to fences.

At this stage I'd have
CH - Altior
CC - Ar Mad
WH - Shaneshill
GC - Faugheen
Report wellchief June 23, 2016 8:50 AM BST
Whilst most are not betting propositions, I'd probably go:

CH: Apples Jade
CC: Douvan
WH: One Track Mind
GC: Thistlecrack

Apart from Douvan, huge caveats with them all. Don't know how good the Triumph is until next year, One Track Mind's Punchestown run might have been a one off, and Thistlecrack (the greatest staying hurdler I have ever seen) may not take to fences.
Report impossible123 June 23, 2016 8:47 PM BST
Knowing WPM/RW/RR there's not going to be any major unexpected running plans regards their super charges eg:-

1) Douvan - Champion Chase (CC)
2) Annie Power - Champion Hurdle (CH)/(no World Hurdle, does not stay), fragile
3) Faugheen - JLT/World Hurdle (WH)
4) Vautour - KG/possibly Gold Cup/Ryanair
5) Vroum2 Mag (VVM)/Killultagh Vic (KV)- Gold Cup
6) Min - Arkle
7) Yorkhill - JLT

My selections are eg:-

1) VVM & KV - Gold Cup
2) Douvan - Champion Chase
3) Altior - Champion Hurdle
4) Faugheen - JLT
5) Thistlecrack - World Hurdle
6) Vautour - Ryanair
7) Min - Arkle
8) Yanworth - RSA
Report tyronesam June 23, 2016 11:17 PM BST
All you boys think Altior going for champ hurdle then, and not the arlke. Really like this horse but was unsure of his ultimate target next season
Report .Fidway. June 24, 2016 1:22 PM BST
Alpha Des Obeaux for the RSA .
Yorkhill for the Arkle .
Ballyandy for the Supreme.
Report Fashion Fever June 25, 2016 10:00 PM BST
i cant see yorkhill winning anything they totally bottomed him
Report Paterson92 June 27, 2016 7:44 AM BST
Absolutely right Fashion Fever, certainly wouldn't be backing him ante post at those prices that's for certain. They bottomed Nichols Canyon last season as well, couldn't believe what I was seeing when they sent him to America at the end of the season as well.
Report wellchief June 27, 2016 2:17 PM BST
Both spot on imo about Yorkhill and Nichols Canyon.

I started last year thinking Bellshill would be much better than Yorkhill, changed my mind after Yorkhill's Neptune, but have switched back to Bellshill again.

Yorkhill didn't take his racing very well after the Neptune, and fear it may effect him next year.  Bellshill on the other hand thrived for the step up in trip, and see him as a player in either the RSA (14/1) or World Hurdle (25/1).

Nichols Canyon?  Not sure where you would go with him now.  23 races for a 6 year old is far too many, and I think we may have seen the best of him already unfortunately.
Report Fashion Fever June 28, 2016 12:59 AM BST
be intersting to see how the mullins stars what did the 3 festivals come back this year, have noticed a trend in the last few year horses who do the 3 festivals tend to come back after xmas/new year, don cossack was an exception but he improved from the ryanair to aintree and appeared even better in the pucnestown gold cup,

djackadam, yorkhill, vatour, limini, regressed at each festival for my money.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com