Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Meat Loaf
10 Mar 16 18:04
| Topic/replies: 3,359 | Blogger: Meat Loaf's blog
Looks attractively handicapped on a mark of 140 (low marks have a great record in this race). Has won at Cheltenham festival before by bolting up by 7l in Martin pipe handicap.

Also entered in 3m handicap on first day but I'm guessing it will go for this race.

Thoughts?
Pause Switch to Standard View SALUBRIOUS 25/1 BROWN PLATE HANDICAP
Show More
Report nocturnal March 11, 2016 5:43 PM GMT
ML.....Hoping he goes day 1 entirely for pocket reasons,he is indeed well handicapped,taken 3 seasons,hoping the 3 mile sighters may sway them.

Suspect last minute depending on stable/other entries.Your race looks likelier on current prices on here, we will know monday.

Best of luck.
Report Meat Loaf March 11, 2016 6:44 PM GMT
Yep entered for both races. Looks far better than a 140 horse.

Good luck to you nocturnal.
Report nocturnal March 13, 2016 1:05 AM GMT
One nagging doubt ML.....headgear?....tried visor before,blinkered first time on last run,any views?.

Think the run behind annacotty was to get experience of the fences,not to be under estimated,nicholls does nothing without a reason,if the horse resents headgear,last run makes sense if sighter.

Ground conditions should be ok,be following him either race with interest.
Report Meat Loaf March 13, 2016 7:30 AM GMT
Hi nocturnal...

It was blinkered last time, however it was only given a 7 day break since its last run so I'm tempted to discount that run.

Its first run on the season was decent getting the better of Masters Hill on heavy ground over 3m.

Its second run of the season (148)6th of 13th in a highly competitive handicap with some good horses in front of it. Looked to me like it didn't stay the 3m in this race.

Its third run of the season (146) 4th out of 10th. Royal Regatta, Bennys Mist and Minella Reception have all boosted the form of this race in recent weeks.

I've already mentioned his last run - in hindsight a ridiculous decision by Nicholls to run him 7 days later but hey it got his handicap mark further down.

Got to be a major player of 140.

Good luck
Report nocturnal March 13, 2016 11:15 AM GMT
Agree almost all of that......message sent via mailbox on hereWink
Report Fabulous March 13, 2016 11:18 AM GMT
Good luck Noc & Loaf.

Totally with you on him, and have him both races as well. 90's to 95's for the 3 miler, and 38's to 40's for The Plate. Tend to favour him for The Plate, but hopeful of a good run wherever he goes.
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 13, 2016 11:33 AM GMT
You do get the feeling he has been aimed at this all season, like his win in the mp when some people were on Grin
Report nocturnal March 13, 2016 11:38 AM GMT
Morning Fab.....Agree re the plate probably being ideal,but he,s got Sametegal/A Mauresque in that as well,and they only have single entries,he may go mob handed there,swings and roundabouts as they say.
message sent Fab Happy
Report asquires March 13, 2016 11:46 AM GMT
He's said that Sametegal isn't running though....
Report roobuck March 13, 2016 11:52 AM GMT
and why run Art Maureque, who had been my long term fancy, if had been main aim? Does make you think this has always been plan
Report TheCollector March 13, 2016 11:52 AM GMT
Good shout and I've taken that at 25-1 as he will run in this.
Report nocturnal March 13, 2016 12:12 PM GMT
Thanks ASQUIRES...... did he say why?

IS....bolted up in that,on ground that looked soft enough,held up last most of the way.

ROO...replied.....still think AM is a player in the plate,if sametegal is nonner then he may go with both.

Just a feeling that he may want the 3m now as 9yr old,if your other one gets in off 139,he,s dangerous.
Report asquires March 13, 2016 2:00 PM GMT
Nocturnal - he tweeted yesterday to say it wasn't running and RP followed up with story saying it was going to wait for Aintree or Ayr.

FWIW I backed Salubrious NRNB in both the Ultima and the Plate last week ew at 25s - looks well handicapped wherever it goes.
Report nocturnal March 13, 2016 2:33 PM GMT
Thanks Asquires...... see he gives a good shout to southfield theatre in Ultima on his site,Cobden?

No mention Salubrious/Art Mauresque.....call me cynical,exactly want you want to see.

NRNB looks way to go,gl whichever way they go.
Report nocturnal March 14, 2016 11:09 AM GMT
Not entered tuesday looking at oddschecker.......thursday it is thenWink
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 14, 2016 11:16 AM GMT
Happy
Report roobuck March 16, 2016 12:28 PM GMT
Looks like both Salubrious and AM declared - is that right?
Report nocturnal March 16, 2016 7:38 PM GMT
Yes Roo.....be having a saver on AM,his other one likes to get his toe in,so to speakMischief
Report nocturnal March 17, 2016 6:08 PM GMT
Got that completely wrong,started off in rear and stayed there,dire runSad
Report roobuck March 17, 2016 6:56 PM GMT
Me too. AM ran and jumped well for about a mile and nothing. Fairly similar to Newbury, just not as good as I thought. Lying badly injured on the rocks below the cliff with him
Report Fabulous March 17, 2016 11:27 PM GMT
Nghtmare race for me......again. No winner in it for years. Salubrious was awful, and Niceonefrankie, my main bet, paid the ultimate price Cry Also had Fingal Bay running for me, and he was nearly as bad as Salubrious.
Report Fabulous March 17, 2016 11:27 PM GMT
Nghtmare race for me......again. No winner in it for years. Salubrious was awful, and Niceonefrankie, my main bet, paid the ultimate price Cry Also had Fingal Bay running for me, and he was nearly as bad as Salubrious.
Report Fabulous March 17, 2016 11:28 PM GMT
......and now a double post, just to ram home how bad it was Plain
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 17, 2016 11:31 PM GMT
I didnt enjoy that, had him in trebles and acca's with 3 favs and ante post. I wont be backing him again.
Report Mr Mischief March 18, 2016 2:07 PM GMT
Trainer in rotten form all week, was poxed to win the race he did
Report barnesey March 21, 2016 12:21 PM GMT
Chaps was meant to reply on this thread earlier but I think some of your comments on this horse are rather harsh, I was heavily involved backing him I thought he was really well handicapped and still do, nothing went right though, something fell in front of him costing him about 10 lengths I would of thought he was then up against it and would of had to have about a stone in hand still to win. He did try to get back into the race and was then hampered again I thought he would be pulled up but to his credit he plodded on passing beaten horses up the hill.......... I will be backing him where he turns up next hopefully in a handicap at aintree dropped another couple of pounds
Report Fabulous March 24, 2016 4:18 PM GMT
Fair play Barnesey, he's probably worth another go by myself as well if I'm honest. He'll no doubt end up a cliff horse of mine, no doubt. I'm not one to label a horse as awful very often, probably just hacked off at how sh1t a race it was for me lol
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com