Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Joist
25 Feb 16 21:51
| Topic/replies: 1,462 | Blogger: Joist's blog
1) A thread entitled "you know it's nearly Cheltenham when..." appears on the phorum
2) You go for a haircut and consider it your Festival Haircut Cool
3) ...
Pause Switch to Standard View You know it's nearly Cheltenham when...
Show More
Report onehundredandeighty February 25, 2016 9:56 PM GMT
180s plunge thread pops up again Cool
Report Joist February 25, 2016 10:01 PM GMT
Good one!

4) You wander over a bit of grass on the way to work and wonder how the going underfoot compares to 200 miles south east at Prestbury Park Crazy
Report Joist February 25, 2016 10:02 PM GMT
5) You're so close to losing the plot you get your east and west confused.
Report bankit February 25, 2016 10:13 PM GMT
6) you starting getting rid of the Scottish notes for nice English ones!!
Report Ming_the_Merciless February 26, 2016 9:01 AM GMT
7) The Stat nerds appear!
Report Fabulous February 26, 2016 9:08 AM GMT
Joist Grin
Report isleham February 26, 2016 9:27 AM GMT
You are frightened to open the RP website in case another of your ante post bets has been stuck down by injury or illness
Report Jb23 February 26, 2016 9:38 AM GMT
8) You have an opinion on the water table
Report marychain1 February 26, 2016 10:16 AM GMT
I definitely do no.4) every time we go for a walk in the park with the kids. By the second week of March she is normally saying "If I hear about the going one more time..."
Report FOYLESWAR February 26, 2016 10:29 AM GMT
you get an official looking letter drop through the letter box informing you that you are required to do jury service ! and it just happens to be the week of the festival Cry
Report marychain1 February 26, 2016 10:34 AM GMT
No way!!! That's horrendous. You should try and get out of it. Tell the judge you can't be a neutral jury member because of your ongoing struggles with racism. I had to work the Tuesday and Wednesday last year cos I was too slow getting the leave in the diary and the feckers had me on a training course. Didn't make the same mistake this year. Whole week got booked back in April 2015.
Report FOYLESWAR February 26, 2016 10:47 AM GMT
no mary it happened to me a few years back .................got out of it in the end but made for some horrendous nights trying to sleep .................... the missus opened the letter and said "oh you've got to do jury service " oh year says I whens that THEN , second week in march says she , ME ...........OH YEAH !  then it hits me .alarm bells start ringing !....... me" give us that fookin letter ".............................dear sir ,you have been selected for jury service at the old bailey criminal court OR WORDS TO THAT EFFECT  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... !
Report marychain1 February 26, 2016 10:57 AM GMT
Good grief that would give me a heart attack reading that letter. How did you get out of it?
Report FOYLESWAR February 26, 2016 11:27 AM GMT
some sad b,stard bumps the "top 10 rules for the festival thread " about 2 weeks before the event !
Report jokersjow February 26, 2016 11:34 AM GMT
Laughing and nodding at all of these :-)

9) When you start looking at the long-range forecast for Cheltenham in February!

10) You meet your mates and say: "hello, how are you? and have you any bankers yet?"
Report Deise59 February 26, 2016 11:44 AM GMT
11) Your watching all the ante post handicap markets daily looking for the potenial McManus plunge

12) You start hearing from people who haven't spoken to you since last year, looking for tips for Cheltenham
Report rogerthebutler February 26, 2016 5:17 PM GMT
Cretins start posting about 'xx number of sleeps to the start of the Supreme - feel like a kid at Christmas!'
Report rogerthebutler February 26, 2016 5:18 PM GMT
'Holier than thou' Flat boys start in with sh1t about the Dubai Carnival and the Lincoln
Report rogerthebutler February 26, 2016 5:19 PM GMT
Jonjo O'Neil and David Pipe make even less sense than usual
Report rogerthebutler February 26, 2016 5:23 PM GMT
Ming_the_Merciless
Replies: 3107
    26 Feb 16 09:01 

Bingo!

You read stuff like '......and Twiston-Davies is 0/61 in Chases at the Festival when the horse has had more than 51 days rest, was born under Capricorn rising and when it crossed a ley-line'

....and you actually give this stuff time of day! Laugh
Report Makybe_Diva February 26, 2016 7:12 PM GMT
"4) You wander over a bit of grass on the way to work and wonder how the going underfoot compares to 200 miles south east at Prestbury Park Crazy"

Laugh
Report Joist February 26, 2016 8:22 PM GMT
Jb23

Lol'ing profusely, so true!

13) You've started searching *insert random horse here* on Twitter looking for some backup that it's a handicap snip.
Report Joist February 26, 2016 8:26 PM GMT
14) Anticipation for the arrival of NRNB on all races is greater than the arrival of your first-born child
Report Makybe_Diva February 26, 2016 9:27 PM GMT
Shocked Laugh
Report gutfeeling February 26, 2016 9:44 PM GMT
15) Every racing forum on the planet is 100x busier with no nothing types spouting off about how they think WPM might have a good week so they're following him blind.

16) Lush start their annual "Let's be anti-horse racing" season posting a list of horses injured or killed in their Cheltenham stores window, T@ssers like them sicken me to the core.
Report Satrus_Froot February 27, 2016 1:09 AM GMT
The f*ckin state of you lot Laugh

I'm just wondering how many are going to turn up in a Rich Ricci scarf, half tempted to take my baseball bat with me this year, at least for the first day.
Report Paddy Hair February 27, 2016 2:06 AM GMT
Edward Gillespie or whoever is now the Clerk of the Course talk about watering the course if it hasn't rained for 30 mins.
Report Jb23 February 27, 2016 9:21 AM GMT

Feb 26, 2016 -- 7:09PM, Satrus_Froot wrote:

The f*ckin state of you lot I'm just wondering how many are going to turn up in a Rich Ricci scarf, half tempted to take my baseball bat with me this year, at least for the first day.

Il be the guy in the suit  instagramming a pint of guinness with a pair of cropped trousers on, with no socks, a beard and  jumping up & down when i have £20 on Douvan Wink

Report Schraderbrau February 27, 2016 12:44 PM GMT

Feb 26, 2016 -- 11:18AM, rogerthebutler wrote:

'Holier than thou' Flat boys start in with sh1t about the Dubai Carnival and the Lincoln

Here I am. And don't forget about good Friday all weather championships day.

Report wellchief February 27, 2016 12:57 PM GMT
Simon Claisse starts to name drop celebrity weatherman John Kettley
Report nocturnal February 27, 2016 12:58 PM GMT
When the national lottery are in on the act

Please.............Don,t let it be MinGrin
Report onehundredandeighty February 28, 2016 11:21 AM GMT
When you're up on a sunday morning with a hangover the size of Asia watching last years festival on 432 Shocked
Report Jb23 February 28, 2016 11:36 AM GMT
Here here 180.

When you start dreaming about potential results. Woke up in a state of horror last night after dreaming STD took the wrong course in the champion hurdle & Tiger Roll won haha
Report onehundredandeighty February 28, 2016 11:40 AM GMT
Hahaha Excited
Report Pg25 February 28, 2016 2:25 PM GMT
Had one the other night when min was second and myska won the supreme! Didn't even have a skinful the night before!
Report yeast February 28, 2016 3:15 PM GMT
The rain stops.............making all the form of the previous 4 months utterly worthless.
Report nalky February 28, 2016 10:15 PM GMT
when the wife stats nagging and says its ok for you away all week not giving a fck about me lol
Report Fashion Fever February 28, 2016 10:58 PM GMT
it must be a pretty lonley place on your own especially if its freezing cold and your losing
Report Orsoncart February 29, 2016 7:04 AM GMT
.................... when Arsenals title push gets derailed once again Cry
Report Arsene February 29, 2016 9:41 AM GMT
Agreed Orson
Report Orsoncart February 29, 2016 4:42 PM GMT
And going out of the champions league seems to be a prerequisite of during the festival. At least the spuddies usually fall out the same week, Thusdays obviously.
Report rogerthebutler March 1, 2016 8:22 AM GMT
Like hell we do Orson!

We've usually had our end of season party by February 28th.

Not this year of course.....
Report Orsoncart March 1, 2016 8:55 AM GMT
Hi roge

Was talking about the Europa cup, we usually take a pull Thursday night and stay in and watch it on the telly, one of our party is a spuddy, I think he might be crowing this year. Cry
Report rogerthebutler March 1, 2016 9:14 AM GMT
Yeah - I know for the past 3-4 seasons we've been out before Cheltenham but one year we made it through to the next round (what is it? The Quarter Finals? It's such a Byzantine competition I lose track) the second leg of which was on the Thursday night before the Gold Cup.

Completely messed up my County Hurdle analysis, the selfish bstrds!!!

Grin
Report shockster March 1, 2016 10:52 AM GMT
Quarter Finals - Get it right "Round of 8" FFSLaugh
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 7, 2018 5:20 PM GMT
17) Fighting breaks out on the "Festival Weather Watch" thread Devil ..... Also see 8)

Jb23 • February 26, 2016 9:38 AM GMT
Report Deptford March 7, 2018 7:07 PM GMT
You order copious bottles of Champagne and go to M n S for vast amount of treats
Report wondersobright March 7, 2018 7:21 PM GMT

Mar 7, 2018 -- 11:20AM, Catch Me ifyoucan wrote:

17) Fighting breaks out on the "Festival Weather Watch" thread  ..... Also see 8)Jb23 • February 26, 2016 9:38 AM GMT 8) You have an opinion on the water table

Laugh

Report FOYLESWAR March 7, 2018 8:41 PM GMT
when some khoont on the horse racing forum  puts a post up along the lines of " ALTIOR OUT " THEN YOU READ THE THREAD AND ITS........out to 4/5 from 8/11 .......with a load of smiley faces !
Report seary March 8, 2018 1:02 AM GMT
you feel dettatched from the MRS, coz your giving her no attention what so ever!Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 8, 2018 1:10 AM GMT
Seary, not even time for a quickie ? Tongue Out
Report black shuck March 8, 2018 2:07 AM GMT
18..foot and mouth breaks out
Report Jb23 March 8, 2018 9:37 AM GMT
A stroll over the front lawn, village green, park or any grassland for any that matter gives you ample chance to see what the going is like....
Report ONSLOW1974 March 8, 2018 10:23 AM GMT
You let the dog out at 11pm & it's raining in Torquay
& immediately think will it hit chelters.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 8, 2018 12:08 PM GMT
19) When your afraid to click on the “official-whos-out-for-the-season” thread Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 9, 2018 10:37 PM GMT
20) when the Orish banks start running low on Sterling !...... "Did you order it earlier this week ?"
Report the bloob March 9, 2018 11:13 PM GMT
21) when Cheltenham, Gloucestershire is the default location in your weather app
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 12, 2018 9:09 AM GMT
22) your praying racing goes ahead at Stratford Devil
Report eric_morris March 12, 2018 9:15 AM GMT
17) Rich Ricci tries to draw attention to his online bookmaking business by switching his horses at the head of markets late to generate controversy. Cheap advertising at the heart of punters Festival bets.
Report eric_morris March 12, 2018 9:15 AM GMT
23) Rich Ricci...
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 11, 2019 8:59 PM GMT
1) A thread entitled "you know it's nearly Cheltenham when..." appears on the forum.
2) You go for a haircut and consider it your Festival Haircut.
3) 180s plunge thread pops up again.
4) You wander over a bit of grass on the way to work and wonder how the going underfoot compares to 200 miles south east at Prestbury Park. I definitely do no.4) every time we go for a walk in the park with the kids. By the second week of March she is normally saying "If I hear about the going one more time..."
5) You're so close to losing the plot you get your east and west confused.

6) you start getting rid of the Scottish notes for nice English ones!!
7A) You are frightened to open the RP website in case another of your ante post bets has been stuck down by injury or illness
8A) you get an official looking letter drop through the letter box informing you that you are required to do jury service! and it just happens to be the week of the festival
8B) some sad b,stard bumps the "top 10 rules for the festival thread " about 2 weeks before the event!
9) When you start looking at the long-range forecast for Cheltenham in February!
10) You meet your mates and say: "hello, how are you? and have you any bankers yet?"

11) Your watching all the ante post handicap markets daily looking for the potential McManus plunge
12) You start hearing from people who haven't spoken to you since last year, looking for tips for Cheltenham
12A) Cretins start posting about 'xx number of sleeps to the start of the Supreme - feel like a kid at Christmas!'
12B) 'Holier than thou' Flat boys start in with sh1t about the Dubai Carnival and the Lincoln
12C) Jonjo O'Neil and David Pipe make even less sense than usual
12D0 You read stuff like '......and Twiston-Davies is 0/61 in Chases at the Festival when the horse has had more than 51 days’ rest, was born under Capricorn rising and when it crossed a ley-line' .... and you actually give this stuff time of day!

13) You've started searching *insert random horse here* on Twitter looking for some backup that it's a handicap snip.
14) Anticipation for the arrival of NRNB on all races is greater than the arrival of your first-born child
15) Every racing forum on the planet is 100x busier with no nothing types spouting off about how they think WPM might have a good week so they're following him blind.

16) Lush start their annual "Let's be anti-horse racing" season posting a list of horses injured or killed in their Cheltenham stores window, T@ssers like them sicken me to the core.
16A) Edward Gillespie or whoever is now the Clerk of the Course talk about watering the course if it hasn't rained for 30 mins.
16B) Il be the guy in the suit instagraming a pint of Guinness with a pair of cropped trousers on, with no socks, a beard and jumping up & down when I have £20 on Douvan. Here I am. And don't forget about good Friday all weather championships day.
16C) Simon Claisse starts to name drop celebrity weatherman John Kettley
16D) When the national lottery are in on the act Please.............Don’t let it be Min
16F) When you're up on a Sunday morning with a hangover the size of Asia watching last year’s festival on 432

16G) When you start dreaming about potential results... Woke up in a state of horror last night after dreaming STD took the wrong course in the champion hurdle & Tiger Roll won ha-ha. Had one the other night when Min was second and Myska won the supreme! Didn't even have a skinful the night before!
16H) The rain stops......making all the form of the previous 4 months utterly worthless.
16I) when the wife stats nagging and says its ok for you away all week not giving a fck about me lol. it must be a pretty lonely place on your own especially if its freezing cold and your losing....... when Arsenals title push gets derailed once again

17) Fighting breaks out on the "Festival Weather Watch" thread .....  Also see 8) Devil
17A) You order copious bottles of Champagne and go to M n S for vast amount of treats
17B) when some khoont on the horse racing forum puts a post-up along the lines of " ALTIOR OUT " THEN YOU READ THE THREAD AND ITS........out to 4/5 from 8/11 .......with a load of smiley faces!
17C) you feel detached from the MRS, coz your giving her no attention what so ever! Seary, not even time for a quickie?

18) ...foot and mouth breaks out
18A) A stroll over the front lawn, village green, park or any grassland for any that matter gives you ample chance to see what the going is like....
You let the dog out at 11pm & it's raining in Torquay& immediately think will it hit chelters.
19) When you’re afraid to click on the “official-who’s-out-for-the-season” thread Devil
20) when the Orish banks start running low on Sterling!...... "Did you order it earlier this week?"

21) when Cheltenham, Gloucestershire is the default location in your weather app
22) your praying racing goes ahead at Stratford
23) Rich Ricci tries to draw attention to his online bookmaking business by switching his horses at the head of markets late to generate controversy. Cheap advertising at the heart of punters Festival bets.
24) Some pr1ck starts bringing up old useless threads Tongue Out

25)...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com