Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stevo1
12 Mar 15 14:38
| Topic/replies: 3,494 | Blogger: stevo1's blog
What a performance!! Brillant

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 8  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 305
By:
unclepuncle
When: 12 Mar 15 14:40
Beat a very good field easily - performance of the festival by a mile. Can he stay 3m2f next year!
By:
Mr Eboue
When: 12 Mar 15 14:40
Stunning.

I havn't seen a horse jump that well in a novice race.
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 12 Mar 15 14:42
just awesome...unbelievably good.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 12 Mar 15 14:44
king George ?
By:
duffy
When: 12 Mar 15 14:44
Well...if nothing else comes out of this week at least Vautour has been restored to the top of the wow pile...and yes above faugheen and UDS...mullins said it last year and he's pretty much said the same thing again just now.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 12 Mar 15 14:46
can see him being aimed at the king George then gold cup
By:
TheCollector
When: 12 Mar 15 14:55
AWESOME!!
By:
duffy
When: 12 Mar 15 14:58
Get all the pieces of the jigsaw now....mullins said at the time after the defeat at Christmas that he had his reasons for that....now he tells us it probably shouldn't have run because his muscles were all wrong...but I was at Kempton that day!!!....so basically, behind the scenes someone was getting it both barrels for letting him run and not knowing that his muscles were all wrong.
By:
olddesperado
When: 12 Mar 15 15:01
i,d love to see him in the QM next year then GC following year,

On that performance he has the tools for both ie crusing speed ,jumping and stamina.

Awesome
By:
alleged22
When: 12 Mar 15 15:01
WOW what a performance Happy
By:
duffy
When: 12 Mar 15 15:04
olddesperado

Don't start that caper...I'm already getting a deja vu as it is from last year....go down the CC route and he'll put in a shaky performance over Christmas and he'll end up getting shunted into the Ryanair to accommodate UDS....go GC route and with the best will in the world it's hard to see Don Poli muscling him out of things.
By:
duffy
When: 12 Mar 15 15:05
ExcitedWink
By:
olddesperado
When: 12 Mar 15 15:18
Only 7 next year , loads of time for GC and as you say don poli there anyway.

Might be just me and i know the GC is the big one but i just love the QMCC
By:
dermo79
When: 12 Mar 15 15:20
that was outstanding ...would he have the stamina for 3m 2?
By:
olddesperado
When: 12 Mar 15 15:27
Didnt look to be stopping there and he,s by robin de champs but the speed he showed today would put a doubt in the mind.

King george or lexus will probably make up their minds
By:
timtin
When: 12 Mar 15 15:39
very impressive performance, could be the best of the festival

however he doesn't have the pace to against the top 2 milers so they def won't go down in trip, GC is the race for him next season
By:
stevo1
When: 12 Mar 15 18:51
Gold Cup,Ruby has always said he is a stayer.
By:
Mr Eboue
When: 12 Mar 15 18:56
He was speechless today.

At one point I'm pretty sure he was about to say '' he's the best I've ridden'' before thinking otherwise.
By:
duffy
When: 12 Mar 15 19:53
Reckon you are right there MR.E
By:
trigger3
When: 12 Mar 15 21:20
Vautour is the Kauto Star to Don Poli's Denman, two top class chasers in the making. Performance of the festival imo.
By:
festivalfanatic
When: 12 Mar 15 22:00
Horse loved the ground. Absolutely bounced off it. WPM and Ruby think he's a stayer but they said that about Champagne Fever....Mischief
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 12 Mar 15 22:12
A joy to witness Love
By:
the bloob
When: 12 Mar 15 22:27
the way the horse was travelling at the end was super impressive, I think he could have kept going for at least another furlong at that pace. I think 3m 2f will be a push but not out of the question

some of those leaps today were incredible!
By:
duffy
When: 12 Mar 15 22:45
It's the first time I've seen a horse pulling on the walkway through to the winners enclosure after a race.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 13 Mar 15 01:06
Without any shadow of doubt, my favourite horse in training. Simply majestic today.
By:
duffy
When: 13 Mar 15 01:16
mine too...didn't think that after last years performance he'd have had to re-affirm it like he's had too but there you are.....he's the daddy and UDS and Faugheen are a decent support act.Grin
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 13 Mar 15 01:19
Cool
By:
duffy
When: 13 Mar 15 01:20
Must say though that I was worried about the 2 and a half miles for him....wanted him in the arkle all year like others did, but although UDS prevailed I'd like to think that a few more now believe that he'd have did the business himself given the chance.

It's not quite gone to plan for mullins though has it CF missing out leaving an open goal in the shape of the prestigious Queen Mum go begging when either UDS or Vautour could have won it.
By:
buddeliea
When: 13 Mar 15 06:07
i guess they got a bit unlucky with CH duffy,agree though that one of them could well have won the QM.....mind you so could Uxizandre!!
has to be said though,bullets was a fair winner I thought.
By:
timtin
When: 13 Mar 15 09:25
@duffy Laugh

He wouldn't get near UDS over 2 miles and wouldn't get anywhere near Faugheen over any trip. Faugheen beat Josses Hill by 22 lengths when fully extended not 6 lengths like Vautour, Faugheen beat Valseur Lido by 12 lengths with Ruby doing handstands in the final 100 yards and over a shorter trip.

Vautour beautiful jumper but I won't take it that far decent support act Laugh
By:
trigger3
When: 13 Mar 15 10:50
If Faugheen and Vautour had reversed roles this season and each had gone to opposite races at Cheltenham they could both well have done the same thing and that is what makes them top class horses, their versatility over both distance and discipline. Faugheens intended map route was as a chaser so there is no reason to believe he couldn't have done the same thing, while Vautour while possibly not having the blinding turn of foot of Faugheen was still good enough to have won this years CH imo.
By:
stevo1
When: 14 Mar 15 20:44
Presume we will be getting Djakadam and Vautour avoiding each other until festival,he also got to fit in Don Poli.
Nice problem to have.
By:
timtin
When: 14 Mar 15 23:36
@trigger, I just watched the replay of the Morning line of the first day and in an recorded interview Ruby said Douvan is probably faster than Vautour. Now, what are the chances that Vautour would've won this year CH if Ruby thinks of him slower than Douvan ? And after winning they said his next target is GC next year, so again if they think of Vautour as a stayer(and he looks like one, just travels and travels but with no turn of foot) how would he had won this year CH without a strong pace up-front? He would've been caught for the turn foot of all 4 that finished behind Faugheen(yes even TNO)

The forum is filled this would've won that and that would've won this.. its sick..
By:
duffy
When: 15 Mar 15 16:36
how would he had won this year CH without a strong pace up-front?

ummm, perhaps by instilling said strong pace up front and in so doing....kill them all off so they have nothing left to take him on with...I'd refer you to coneygree's performance in the GC as a perfect example of this.

Just because you have a turn of foot it doesn't mean it can be deployed as and when you fancy it....it can be nullified if the horse doing the nullifying is good enough, this is why mullins himself said that faugheen won the CH but if vautour was ran instaed, he'd have won it.

Ruby may well think that douvan is quicker than vautour (debateable), in this case he'd attempt to run the guts of of douvan through the race...simple as that.
By:
wellchief
When: 15 Mar 15 17:37
Agree with every word Trigger has said.

Timtin, sick is a very strong word to use for people having a conversation over how they think how a horse would have done in a different race.  You obviously won a few bob on Faugheen, but no one is having a go at him.

I think Vautour would have won the Arkle with or without UDS, and I think that Vautour would have won the Champion Hurdle with or without Faugheen.  I think Shaneshill would have gone close in the Neptune.  I think Peace and Co would have gone close in the Supreme with the weight allowance, possibly beating Douvan; not sure that makes me sick?
By:
timtin
When: 15 Mar 15 18:30
@wellchief I think its sick to devalue a horse merit, especially when winning one of the 4 most important jumps races of the year(Coneygree, Faugheen or Dodging Bullets). Thats my opinion on the matter just like yours is that Vautour would've won every race of the festival...

@duffy Faugheen is not short of pace either, same with Jezki and TNO who followed a much stronger pace in last year CH, so no matter how fast Vautour would've gone, the turn of foot is still a missing tool from his arsenal and thats the most important thing you need in a CH. He's a stayer confirmed by Ruby Walsh and used it to his advantage against the Novices.
By:
duffy
When: 15 Mar 15 20:17
A turn of foot is precisely that, a turn of foot, basically quickening up from what has previously been.......if you can travel with at a ridiculously high cruising speed the turn of foot becomes far far less of a requirement, because when the jockey looks over his shoulder late on in the race he'll find not much there to have to use it against...I agree with chief, he'd have kicked both UDS and Faugheen out of the way.
By:
timtin
When: 15 Mar 15 20:54
I respect your opinion but I strongly disagree. A stayer is a stayer, basically he'll be left behind in the final part of the race while the speedsters will go into another gear. UDS travels strongly from the get-go but has shown that he's capable of producing the turn of foot at business end and thats why he'll remain for the Champion Chase. I would listen to the man that rides them all, who knows the strengths of each one of them and what happened at the festival proved he was right.

Maybe it'll be interesting to hear the opinions of what'll happen next season with Vautour and his targets, than hear the possibilities of what would've happened and who would've beaten what. Coneygree, Faugheen and Dodging Bullets are proper champions while Vautour isn't yet, I'll be glad if he can make this step up next season in the stayers division but for now each with their own merit.
By:
stevo1
When: 16 Mar 15 23:27
Will they piss about with this horse again next season?
As Ricci has Djakadam as well for Gold Cup,not sure they will run against each other.
Page 1 of 8  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com