Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Graham55
24 Feb 15 21:45
| Topic/replies: 35 | Blogger: Graham55's blog
Can't see a recent thread on this brilliant mare.

With More Of That defecting from the WH where does she go?

Ruby's preference is clear - mares - due to the layoff and her free going nature.

Willie has mooted WH if key players defect (which they have).

Thoughts?
Pause Switch to Standard View Annie Power - Which Race?
Show More
Report Mr Eboue February 24, 2015 10:46 PM GMT
Mares 100%. Take the easy option then target her at the 3m race at Punchestown.
Report callitasucit February 25, 2015 12:06 AM GMT
All WPM cares about is winning races, not which races they are. She will be in the Mares, which is the last thing she should be running in. Would be about 2-1 fav for the WH.

If someone else had her, she could be in the CH. Or she could be chasing, which is where I expected her to go. Maybe she schooled poorly, and that would be fair enough, but for a mare of her talent, I hope she isn't condemned to picking up where Quevega left off.

Beating and proving nothing.
Report Fashion Fever February 25, 2015 12:22 AM GMT
All the vibes are Annie is flying and stronger, katy walshes comments wont come off the bridle in mares, and the stable have the 2nd in who would be pretty short for this with no annie, guessing townsend would have to giveway to ruby.

the current fav of the stayers was 10l behind her in the race last year, surley they are mulling the world over.
Report gutfeeling February 25, 2015 8:08 AM GMT
Goes Mares, Has been the target all season.
Report delsie777 February 26, 2015 11:22 PM GMT
Is this going to change now that the WH is breaking down - is this rumour about the switch coming from close to the stable or not? Always suspicious when Ladbrokes claim they are taking a lot of bets - but what do they have to gain from stoking this fire? Are they not NRNB on this? And why would Davy Russel know where she's going ffs?
Report Graeme83 February 26, 2015 11:37 PM GMT
Davy Russel turns up to try and create market unrest. Year after year he's full of nonsense.
Report stevo1 February 26, 2015 11:38 PM GMT
Clown of 1st order is Davy
Report delsie777 February 26, 2015 11:40 PM GMT
I thought first sign will be loads of money for Glens Melody.
Report stevo1 February 26, 2015 11:46 PM GMT
Hope she goes World as on Glens Melody e/w long time ago.
But she wont
Report delsie777 February 27, 2015 11:08 AM GMT
Ricci says he 'has to be tempted' to run in the World Hurdle - still no decision. If she really sparkles they would 'seriously have to consider it'
Report Brian February 27, 2015 11:49 AM GMT
I suspect she will go for the Mares but given Mullins has Glens Melody and the World Hurdle doesn't look strong it wouldn't be a big surprise if they changed their mind.
Report Rathgorman82 February 27, 2015 1:41 PM GMT
Listening to Ricci on the final furlong podcast, I'm now getting rather concerned about her participation in the Mares, he's definitely keen on the World Hurdle.
I'll have to have a word in his ear at the Skybet preview night ;)
Report Graeme83 February 27, 2015 1:54 PM GMT
i think they should go for the mares, then give ascot consideration if she comes out of the race alright.
Report lordnoise February 27, 2015 5:02 PM GMT
Things moving marketwise ...
Report Graham55 February 27, 2015 6:58 PM GMT
Definite rumbles this evening leaning towards her running in the WH but still nothing to convince me either way.

If anybody 'knew' why is she still odds on to back on here?

Similarly why is only £9 waiting at 20/1 to back her for the WH?
Report sixtwosix February 27, 2015 7:04 PM GMT
We have been here for 6 years with Quevega ......only 1 place this mare is going & it ain't the World Hurdle.
Report Tory February 27, 2015 8:37 PM GMT
It's all because of Rich Ricci on today's Final Furlong podcast. Said they are considering the WH, which you'd have to, but I still feel she'll go mares.

If you haven't yet then the podcast is a decent listen
Report benkneale03 February 27, 2015 9:50 PM GMT
Would be great to see Ricci flex his muscle. Can't be long before he sees others like Giggi calling all the shots over self serving trainers and jockeys. Matter of time before he has a team working to him rather than giving mullins blank cheques and all the say so in his buys.
Report Tory February 27, 2015 10:10 PM GMT
Can see your point but I actually completely disagree in this instance.

Had she had a complete prep then it would be criminal not to run her in the world hurdle. However, she's not run since a below par performance at Punchestown where she was almost a stone below her best. She'll be free on her first run back for 10 months and you're asking her to run over a trip she's not won over before (but does get) against 4 or 5 horses who have been preped well for it.

Win the mares then take on aintree and punchestown again. She's only 7 so has another 2 cracks at the World Hurdle if that's what they want to do later. World hurdle could be too much for her right now and would take some getting over
Report cufcno1 February 27, 2015 10:14 PM GMT
Good post Tory,got a feeling the ground might be a little more testing than last year aswell,does love soft ground but 3 mile,wouldn't be for me if she turned up in world hurdle !
Report superkreem February 27, 2015 10:19 PM GMT
Annie will run in the World Hurdle , Mullins made it clear a few weeks back that if More of that was to miss Chelts then he would keep his options open, been backed today for the W H and she was only just touched off last year by the horse that is not going now !!!
Report Eeternaloptimist February 27, 2015 10:28 PM GMT
No point in turning up with such a good horse to run in that egg and spoon race The Mares. That's like shiitting on the owners shoe and making him eat it. If she isn't 100% then leave her at home. If she is 100% then she still has a favourites chance in the World Hurdle in my view.
Report giani February 27, 2015 10:29 PM GMT
But was well prepped last year and at a peak of fitness having had 3 or 4 runs beforehand. If she had a run or 2 before then defenetly the World Hurdle but id be shocked if they didn't go for the Mares. Mullins admits in all his interviews that she will be fresh first run back
Report superkreem February 27, 2015 10:32 PM GMT
I honestly think it's a no brainer, if she is fit then she will turn up for the W H, no way Mullins will turn down the chance of the big one, she has proved she stays the distance last year. And would deffo have a favs chance if she did turnup :P
Report benkneale03 February 28, 2015 12:36 AM GMT
Take what mullins says with a pinch of salt. In the past few weeks he's said :

- he'll keep options open if MOT comes out of WH
- AP has had a pre stress fracture so cannot run in the world hurdle or champ hurdle.
- She'll be fresh and keen so WH not suitable.

For me it's no co-incidence that AP has yet to see a race this season and comes to the race the yard have cleaned up in with another who only ever came to the festival fresh for the last 4 years.
Report jasey February 28, 2015 1:50 AM GMT
Run her in the race she can win and not in a WH that she will struggle to even place.
Imo Mullins has a better chance in Briar Hill.
Report duffy February 28, 2015 4:50 AM GMT
Won't run in the world hurdle and it's partly due to the lay off but it's also down to the fact that last year they saw she "got it" but she didn't get it well enough!!! there probably isn't a MOT in there this year, but usually if there is a weakness, however slight it is, something will expose it and come up the hill stronger than her.
Report buddeliea February 28, 2015 6:19 AM GMT
Absolutely agree with Tory,s post. Bit surprised others don't see it to be honest.
To expect her to win a WH without any run this season?? Has to be the mares in that scenario.
I think it's her ideal distance and much more realistic with the prep she has had.
Report superkreem February 28, 2015 7:53 AM GMT
Mullins will have a headache now imo, Auroras now out the Mares race leaving an easy route for Glens Melody, and with MOT out the world hrdle then AP would have a great chance, he thought she was ready last year tho i must admit it would be risky but a great chance to win it, BH is not in AP class but is very very good !!!!!
Report jasey February 28, 2015 9:12 AM GMT
BH gets 3 mile way better than AP.Some real stayers in this race.Last years race looks like a shocker now as well.
Report GAZO February 28, 2015 9:22 AM GMT
she is still 9/1 on here for the world hurdle which suggests nobody in the stable thinks she is going to run in it
Report maelduin March 1, 2015 10:35 AM GMT
Mares Hurdle enroute to the Aintree Hurdle. No chance they risk her in the WH first run back. imo
Report Brian March 1, 2015 1:43 PM GMT
Probably right maelduin but there is enough nibbling at Annies in World to make me very retiscent about taking odds-on in Mares (without nrnb) as I expect the option is still live.
Report Ekbalco March 1, 2015 7:18 PM GMT
I'll show my  a r s e  to the Queen on Boxing Day if she turns up in the WH - certain to go for thr Mares.
Report Howdi March 1, 2015 7:34 PM GMT
^^^ ill show my bollox
Report Howdi March 1, 2015 7:35 PM GMT
One point no one ever mentions on here, so I will, whilst Annie gets 3 miles her best distance is 2m 4.
Report buddeliea March 1, 2015 9:09 PM GMT
Excuse me mister,I mentioned it earlier on this thread!!
Report duffy March 2, 2015 12:53 AM GMT
Me too..11 posts back up there^^^^Grin
Report buddeliea March 2, 2015 6:51 AM GMT
Report buddeliea March 2, 2015 6:52 AM GMT
Laugh
Report wellchief March 2, 2015 7:12 AM GMT
To be fair to Howdi, he hasn't got time to read through all the posts because he's getting his house ready for Eddie and Stevo next week
Report Fabulous March 2, 2015 9:45 AM GMT
Laugh
Report cufcno1 March 2, 2015 2:18 PM GMT
Festival sandwich Howdi Laugh
Report Howdi March 2, 2015 2:49 PM GMT
beg yr pardon. ExcitedPlain
Report Howdi March 2, 2015 2:49 PM GMT
one more joke on my sex life and ill resign from the forum, second thoughts
Report shockster March 2, 2015 8:30 PM GMT
Ricci Rich on PaddyPower preview says "Highly highly likely she goes for the Mares race".
Report big dunc March 7, 2015 12:55 PM GMT
Looks like it's the mares hurdle then, i'll ask a couple of questions,  has this trainer got the best out of this horse ? and what legacy will it leave ?

personally i've always  thought Annie could be a world beater who should of been in last years champion hurdle. and this years but to choose the mares over the world hurdle i can't see how Annies reputation is being maximised
Report buddeliea March 7, 2015 1:07 PM GMT
No choice with the prep shes had.
Next season will be interesting though,i expect them to be a lot more adventurous with her.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com