Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Wicketd
29 Dec 14 13:02
| Topic/replies: 1,068 | Blogger: Wicketd's blog
neptune bound? impressive there, drifted in the betting, maybe because the champion bumper winner got beat? Ridden very confidently beating some decent horses going away at the finish.
Show More
Report Wicketd February 8, 2015 5:56 PM GMT
Wasnt given a good ride behind Outlander last time, but ran well today when being the only horse to get involved coming from off the pace. Generally a 12/1 shot for the Neptune having been 25s at the time of posting.

I'd give him a chance to reverse the form with Nicholls Canyon if they meet at Cheltenham.
Report Wicketd March 10, 2015 11:07 AM GMT
needs to jump better but has a fair chance tomorrow Happy
Report The Sawyer March 11, 2015 12:26 PM GMT
Good Luck
Report Wicketd March 11, 2015 1:39 PM GMT
Grin
Report cricketnut2 March 11, 2015 1:40 PM GMT
A comfortable winner, with a bunched finish, behind, so obviously the winner, isn't going to be as good as last years winner Faugheen. Well done Wicketd
Report buddeliea March 12, 2015 7:01 AM GMT
impressive performance buy the horse,nice one wicket.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! March 12, 2015 8:30 AM GMT
Seeing the va Nicols ,you could understand why
Windsor Park wun
Mullins hoss is tiny

Cry
Report Howdi March 12, 2015 10:59 AM GMT
Wicketd • March 11, 2015 1:39 PM GMT
Grin............piece of pi55 this game wicketd has this game by the balls
Report barnesey December 1, 2015 3:28 PM GMT
Anyone heard anything about Windsor??? Think he will go close in the world hurdle if he makes it but 22/1 to back on here and nothing to lay!
Report HaylingBilly December 1, 2015 3:44 PM GMT
barnesey - just read the below on Sporting Life website. Puts doubt in the mix whether Windsor Park will be campaigned for World Hurdle distance.

Nichols Canyon, Arctic Fire, Identity Thief and Windsor Park head 15 entries for the €100,000 Ryanair Hurdle on December 29.
Report barnesey December 1, 2015 4:18 PM GMT
Cheers billy well at least he's getting entries so not injured....... Would be very surprised if he's not going for the world hurdle would seem the logical route unless aintree is the plan if they think he won't stay the 3 miles
Report HaylingBilly December 1, 2015 4:53 PM GMT
Last two winners of the Neptune - Faugheen and The New One - have returned following year to run in Champion Hurdle. Add that to the fact Windsor Park beat Nicholls Canyon in Neptune who recently gave Faugheen a spank and maybe, just maybe, Dermot Weld thinks Windsor Park is a Champion Hurdler and boosted by the fact Faugheen has been shown not to be invincible then watch this space mate. I think it is actually 60/40 in favour of Champion Hurdle based on recent history. Hence the Ryanair Hurdle entry for Christmas Festival at Leopardstown.
Report barnesey December 3, 2015 12:20 AM GMT
Robbie McNamara has replied to a tweet question on the racing post podcast........... What is windsor park's Cheltenham target and he said world hurdle so assume he will have the same prep as last year a couple of under cooked runs building up to be cherry ripe for the world hurdle?
I think he's one of many with an obvious chance in the world, it's looking extremely competitive though with no stand out and a decent price available if you can name the winner 3 months early!!!
Report buddeliea December 13, 2015 8:46 AM GMT
25 non runner no bet with sky for Champion hurdle.
Entered over 2m next,just possible he may prove capable at that distance? Worth a go with the concession I think.
More likely to step up I reckon,but he has a proper trainer, and way I look at it IF he does end up in the CH,it means they are think he has a fair chance.
Report HaylingBilly December 13, 2015 11:05 AM GMT
budd - I jumped on this as soon as they came out with NRNB offer. Great use of the NRNB opportunity.
Report HaylingBilly December 13, 2015 11:06 AM GMT
Also jumped on Killultagh Viv for World Hurdle. Just in case he doesn't take to chasing.
Report blarney December 13, 2015 12:01 PM GMT
Can't see Windsor Park having the tactical speed for 2m. He would be an interesting runner in the World hurdle though.
Report HaylingBilly December 13, 2015 12:09 PM GMT
blarney. Its a game of opinions. The Neptune is a pretty good trial for the Champion and he won that in great style beating some very quick horses. Also 3 from 4 over less than 2 miles on Flat. I think he is absolutely perfect for the Champion Hurdle and am hoping his next run proves that to the trainer and owner.
Report blarney December 13, 2015 12:23 PM GMT
I just thought that the Neptune was a dreadful race last year. A 3 length beating of Parlour Games (who is not the quickest) would leave him a long way short of the top 2m hurdlers.

I didnt think Nichols Canyon got up the hill.
Report buddeliea December 13, 2015 4:59 PM GMT
Well if you are right blarney then he won't be lining up in the CH,so money back.
However,if you are wrong ,and his trainer has seen enough over the season to go for the CH ,we have a runner at a nice price who his trainer thinks has a fair chance.
Report Can't Catch Me January 12, 2016 12:27 PM GMT
Anyone heard anything about this beast? Think 16/1 in an open looking World Hurdle looks a decent bet.
Report Can't Catch Me January 12, 2016 12:30 PM GMT
Thats 16/1 NRNB with Hills as well...
Report blackballed1 January 12, 2016 12:41 PM GMT
Still on coarse for world hurdle buddy and wouldn't take much notice of his run behind nichols canyon at Xmas! I have a we bet on him myself for the world after my main fancy Cole harden
Report jasey January 12, 2016 1:45 PM GMT
I think he could win either race,massive price for Champ Hurdle now.
Report blackballed1 January 12, 2016 3:53 PM GMT
Can't see him going for the champion.
Report Graeme83 January 13, 2016 12:48 AM GMT
You'll get nothing from deputy dog aka dermot weld. He only tells you his expert opininion after any of his horses win a race. Can't have this horse as a CH horse. If it goes, which you won't find out until the going description at earliest, it will be over 3m.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com