Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
foolsgold123
16 Sep 14 23:01
| Topic/replies: 559 | Blogger: foolsgold123's blog
Started backing Faugheen for the champion hurdle for small stakes from 16/1 just before he demolished that field in Ireland over 2m, also been backing  Vautour 11/2 for the Arkle. I can't help keep putting little bits on every time I have a little win. The amounts are starting to mount up, hopefully these will run in there races I have backed them in. Anyone else chipping away backing a horse with bits and pieces?
Pause Switch to Standard View Anyone keep topping up any particular...
Show More
Report Steamship September 16, 2014 11:34 PM BST
Not started yet but Don Poli hopefully for RSA. I think this horse is a real star
Report Desmond Orchard September 17, 2014 2:02 PM BST
Vautour makes obvious appeal as a trade. He will batter a few small fields and be 6/4 by Xmas. That's as far as I would go with him I think though, 5/1 is skinny if you're planning on let it ride.
I'm chipping away at Cue Card for the Gold Cup, but that's more to do with fact that I can't seem to function for any sustained period of time without feeling the need to throw money at the beast Love
Report gutfeeling September 17, 2014 3:15 PM BST
SDG for QMCC.
Report PedroPete12 September 17, 2014 7:01 PM BST
As Desmond is doing, I've been having a few nibbles at Cue Card for the Gold Cup. Will probably start doing the same with Southfield Theatre for RSA, trying to hang on though till I find out some more info on where he could be heading
Report cufcno1 September 17, 2014 8:22 PM BST
Had a nice 20 treble last night,6-4,7-4, and vautour to win arkle..!
Report HaylingBilly September 17, 2014 8:32 PM BST
Taquin Du Seuil - Ryanair. Jonjo and AP love the horse. Me too !
Report wess September 17, 2014 8:34 PM BST
Just to go against some of the above....every pay-day more goes on Pont Alexandre for the RSA..!
Report Howdi September 17, 2014 11:13 PM BST
tarqin target gold cup, so go steady.
Report Desmond Orchard September 18, 2014 9:44 AM BST
Yes Howdi, he's the one my Cue Card money fears.
Report bluebirdfan September 18, 2014 10:52 AM BST
Every time I have a winner I stick a small double on....Faugheen to win the Champion Hurdle with something else. Be a nightmare come October when they announce Faugheen is going chasing!
Report HaylingBilly September 18, 2014 12:22 PM BST
I hear ya Howdi. Wise counsel. I am placing bets on the basis and hope Holywell is the Jonjo/AP Gold Cup horse for 2015 and Taquin for 2016. I know they like them both a lot so AP will be keen to ride both and the owners will each be keen for AP to ride so the TdS/Ryanair and Holywell/Gold Cup option looks more likely than the other way round. Time will tell if my thinking is flawed………………………………...yet again !
Report brandyontherocks September 18, 2014 7:44 PM BST
I love Cue Card too and backed him for the last two Gold Cups. Can not bring myself to back him this tear. A year older and returning from injury.

Taquin for me this year. Very generous price me finks.
Report Howdi September 18, 2014 7:53 PM BST
Good luck Billy x
Report cufcno1 September 18, 2014 10:29 PM BST
Just had 6.83 6 team Accra going onto faugheen to win ch,hope to God it don't go chasing
Report Howdi September 18, 2014 11:36 PM BST
worry about the acca first if I was you.
Report cufcno1 September 19, 2014 7:55 AM BST
It's already in Howdi,all in that cup last night
Report foolsgold123 September 19, 2014 9:13 AM BST
Paddy Power have gone 7/1 Vautour ;( squeaky bum time already.
Report TITCH 1 September 19, 2014 1:06 PM BST
Got a soft spot for Champagne Fever but where he ends up is a lottery?

Vautour as mentioned above could be very short very soon.
Report Howdi September 19, 2014 6:22 PM BST
good lad^^^
Report wellchief September 21, 2014 12:53 PM BST
Very tempted by the 7/1 on Vautour.
Report HaylingBilly September 21, 2014 1:03 PM BST
Totally agree with you wellchief. Biggest threat looks to be Un De Sceaux from same stable and I am not clear if UDS is going chasing.
Report TheFlyingMuscovite September 22, 2014 1:31 PM BST
Surely the biggest threat to the Mullins horses is the current champion? The news that My Tent Or Yours will stay over hurdles surely means that come March Geraghty will ride Jezki. As I recall he is 5 out of 5 on the horse. There is a danger that Jezki has been underrated.
Report HaylingBilly September 22, 2014 2:20 PM BST
TFM - I was assuming wellchief meant Vautour for the Arkle @ 7/1. Not Champions Hurdle.
Report buddeliea September 22, 2014 4:49 PM BST
Another one for the Arkle.........Josses Hill,taken some 10,s and will be keeping a close eye on him and his price in the coming months.
Report Howdi September 22, 2014 5:50 PM BST
jezki not under rated here
Report Howdi September 22, 2014 5:57 PM BST
Bring back the jumps, real hosses, real people, real sport Happy
Report wellchief September 22, 2014 6:15 PM BST
Yeah I meant Vautour for the Arkle mate; wouldn't go near him for the Champion Hurdle.

I've only ever backed Sprinter and Grandouet for the Arkle when they've never ran over fences, so won one and lost one.

I have now backed Vautour, like above, with a trade in mind.  Champagne Fever went off at 11/4 last year, despite being campaigned very poorly, getting beat and nearly unseating at Christmas, and no prep run in 2014.

Surely Vautour will be campaigned properly over 2m, and Mullins will have learnt from his mistakes last year?

I can see Vautour vs Josses Hill as one of the big talking points over the winter, as I can see both impressing on either side of the Irish Sea, and both could easily turn up on the Tuesday unbeaten over fences.

I can just see the argument now.....but he has a better engine....he beat him in the Supreme (but this is a chase, not a hurdle race)....he's only been winning soft races.....no front runners win the Arkle etc etc, bring it on!!!!

This is where Mullins announces Vautour is going for the Champion Cry
Report HaylingBilly September 22, 2014 7:27 PM BST
Where does Un De Sceaux come in to the picture for this season ? Last two runs were 20f in Heavy and Very Soft in France. If he goes Chasing is he more likely to go Arkle or JLT ? PPower seem to think he goes Arkle and Vautour goes JLT. Just read Rich Ricci comments in One Jump Ahead and he says of Vautour "effective over two and two and a half miles, the Arkle is his main target this season"……………BUT WHAT DOES WILLIE THINK ?
Report FCH September 22, 2014 9:27 PM BST
I don't back much ante post for the Festival these days (my last was Captain Chris for the Arkle), but I really do like Champagne Fever for the Gold Cup and have been putting a little on each month since March (16s to start and now 14s).

If I had to back two against him it would currently by Holywell and Smad Place.

I don't think that the form of this year's race was strong and it will be difficult for Bobs Worth to come back.  He always seems to give his all and how many times can he get to the bottom of the well?  Silvinaco Conti could go close, but lacks that bit of class and I have alot of time for Cue Card, although the distance may just be that little bit too far for him to give his best.  O'Faolins Boy certainly has a chance as the RSA winner and I wouldn't put anyone off of him.

Its Champagne Fever for me though, similar profile to Best Mate, Kicking King and War of Attrition (Supreme Novices Hurdle, Arkle route).
Report TITCH 1 September 27, 2014 10:00 PM BST
Is there a chance Champagne Fever could end up in the QM

Could cut up to be a viable option ?
Report Paterson92 September 28, 2014 10:25 AM BST
I can't have Champagne Fever for the Gold Cup at all, never mind at the ridiculous current prices available. I would need to see it to believe that he can stay 3m2f! Djakadam at 50/1 has been receiving a few quid here and there from me for the Gold Cup at 50/1!
Report tyronesam September 28, 2014 8:47 PM BST
Josses hill for the arkle, this has always been the target, hurdles all a big bonus
Report Tory September 29, 2014 7:24 PM BST
Vautour arkle - think he could be a monster over fences. Keep on dipping into the 7/1 with PP
Report stevo1 October 2, 2014 10:45 AM BST
Agree with above Vautour 7/1 surely wont last too long? Im in!
Report cufcno1 October 2, 2014 1:12 PM BST
I'm on,6-4 on the day after winning 3 novice chases
Report Paterson92 October 3, 2014 6:07 PM BST
I'm now beginning to doubt Vautour for the Arkle. Paddy Power may just be right in their ante post prices that Un De Sceaux goes for the Arkle and Vautour goes for the JLT.
Report Howdi October 5, 2014 9:22 AM BST
yes titch.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com