Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
brandyontherocks
14 Mar 14 17:11
| Topic/replies: 1,116 | Blogger: brandyontherocks's blog
Bobs darted to his left, nearly throwing barry to the ground.
Silv darts left as did Lord.

All very odd

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 60
By:
Harvester
When: 14 Mar 14 17:50
completely agree brandy... was all very strange. Given the results today - GC, ABH and Triumph all won by outsiders, I was wondering whether the warm conditions had a big impact on things..??
By:
Fallen Angel
When: 14 Mar 14 17:57
Think they will always be wondering what would have happened had Briar Hill stood up considering the form with very wood and the tie in's with other Mullins runners over the season.
By:
Brooksielad
When: 14 Mar 14 18:47
it was very strange, conti running horizontal nearly at one stage then after meeting up with LW runs back to Bobs Worth. I can't have the first 3 home in the gold cup ahead of Silviniaco conti and bobs worth so for me the first two home in the gold cup were conti and bobs worth. The giant bolster! i mean fuking come on.
By:
Poppydog.
When: 14 Mar 14 19:09
Bobs Worth's jinking was virtually the same place Daryl Jacob's mount went beserk and crashed into the silver ring
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 14 Mar 14 19:18
Reckon their some strange going ons?
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 14 Mar 14 19:18
Turning for home you'd have been sure that Bob's Worth would pick em up and carry the rest. Fifth is a real head scratcher.
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 14 Mar 14 19:36
just watched it a few times, after the last it looks like BW & SC are going to fight out the finish but they come to a stop and the 3 others race by on the outside.

you get the impression that the ground on the outside was faster
By:
sintonian
When: 14 Mar 14 19:36
Has he looked in the same form this season though?
By:
happyhibee
When: 14 Mar 14 19:37
Watched it a couple of times and it's a bit odd. Maybe Bob was just short of a run but who knows
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 14 Mar 14 19:39
Bob probably hasnt but SC looked like he had improved a little bit.
By:
walllace007
When: 14 Mar 14 20:07
Conti got outstayed the hill found him out
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 14 Mar 14 20:19
certainly think Silvio Conti doesnt truly want 3m2f, im Fehily's biggest fan but i reckon if he could re run the race he would not had got to the front so soon.

But you can understand why he did.
By:
CheltenhamRoar
When: 14 Mar 14 21:33
How can u say SC didn't stay??
if that was Bobs Worth first attempt at the GC trip you'd say the same about him,Finished like a drunk up the hill today.
Strange race.
By:
Howdi
When: 14 Mar 14 21:34
did we have strange sectionals or something bloody bizzare race
By:
brandyontherocks
When: 14 Mar 14 21:41
I've watched three times now and still can't get my head round it. They didn't seem to go lightening quick and the ground was decent but they still all wandered round in the final 50 yards or so.

There was something sinister going on me thinks.
By:
Howdi
When: 14 Mar 14 21:43
spooking !
By:
padlock
When: 14 Mar 14 21:47
was odd looking,watched it a few times and seems like front 2 got an electric shock
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 14 Mar 14 21:50
I don't think it matters how many times you watch it you'll still be scratching your head. Bob's Worth is in the perfect position going into the home turn and much closer than last year. Last year he ran away from them on ground he hates and like the others were running in treacle. This year he's totally legless and passed by three vastly inferior horses. Had Conti done him you'd have had questions but some answers but three of em mowing him down when usually he's putting them to the sword. What on earth happened halfway up the run in to him and Conti just seems totally inexplicable outside conspiracy theories.
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 14 Mar 14 21:56
when you had watched them over the last you thought BW & SC were going to fight out  a finish, but 3 horses ran on like when you watch a race and the camera angle changes. they were not even really staying on before the last.

You can spot a horse that is really staying on and is going to involved.

Watching on his own up the inner, thought 6th at best. switches and finds wings. Not saying he didnt find his 2nd wind but my lord he ran up that hill...
By:
brandyontherocks
When: 14 Mar 14 21:57
They both veer off in opposite directions at exactly the same time.

Something spooked or was done to them.
By:
padlock
When: 14 Mar 14 21:59
u think someone spooked them with a laser or something?weird
By:
SoYouThink
When: 14 Mar 14 22:00
Certainly interesting theory re electric shock albeit a little bit on the conspiracy theory side. But in the context of Daryl Jacob's horse freaking out and Silviniaco Conti wandering across the track, and Bobs Worth weird shift out and back in again, you'd be left wondering. Anyone else notice any other weird going ons at that part of the track today?
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 14 Mar 14 22:05
I dont think for a minute anything untoward was going on.

BW has a quirk when pressure is applied and i think Silviniaco Conti is top class and ideal at kempton.

its just the way it happened at the same time.

i had the placepot in up the run in and then...............
By:
SoYouThink
When: 14 Mar 14 22:10
I'd be a little a more suspicious as they virtually veered at the same time....also this in the context of the horse in the 2.40 going out of control?

I'd be curious to see the Hunters Chase and the Grand Annual again to see if anything similar happened?
By:
Howdi
When: 14 Mar 14 22:12
^^^^^ you'd be brilliant on crimewatch
By:
SoYouThink
When: 14 Mar 14 22:17
???
By:
padlock
When: 14 Mar 14 22:17
just been watching ruk replay and didnt see anything unusual in other races tbh
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 14 Mar 14 22:18
Ibrahima

That's an interesting point about BW and I'm not one to discuss a theory out of hand but from memory every time he's gone to Cheltenham he's run on like a train and not in tin pot races. Never beaten. Albert Bartlett, RSA and Gold Cup. When it comes to it and pressure is applied his head goes down and he runs for his life. Usually.
By:
mickey
When: 14 Mar 14 22:19
others handled the ground better than BW and SC?
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 14 Mar 14 22:21
I did have reservations about SC but the ground has always been up BW's street.
By:
brandyontherocks
When: 14 Mar 14 22:29
Ibrahima, 

Bobs has never jerked from pressure.  Always ran straight and true.

I can accept that he might not be the same horse, like many before him who have as many had hard battles as him.

Still doesn't explain him diving to the right and Conti to the left.
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
i think BW needs it testing, even if that is natural g/s ground.....
By:
brandyontherocks
Or vice versa Whoops
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 14 Mar 14 22:34
i have just watched the last 8 vids of bw, i thought he jerked somewhere. I was wrong.

He didnt jerk when he won his first hurdle race at kempton on one monday when i had a max on him, cant believe the horse who was 2nd, got lucky that day.
By:
Kingchip
When: 14 Mar 14 23:12
Was very unusual what Bobs Worth did after the last - perhaps some kind equine high pitch sonic device being used to put him off? I don't know but it looks very strange in the replay. He looses his action for little or no reason.
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 14 Mar 14 23:22
Ibrahima

I just don't believe the evidence backs up your assertion about Bob's Worth needing it testing. His record on good ground is outstanding and he' done it on that ground twice at the festival. He's a small fella and it makes such horses work harder to jump out of deep ground. Last Instalment didn't like the ground. Bob's Worth looked all over the winner turning for home and had travelled better than last year when he realy seemed to be struggling coming down the hill and was some way back after the second last. We know he stays and yet he was legless after the last and that is ignoring him nearly throwing Geraghty off at the spot where Jacob had that horrible mishap.
By:
Kingchip
When: 14 Mar 14 23:36
Is that not the same spot where MTOY jinked with McCoy? Is it something to do with the cut away to the finish where the tape it off?
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 15 Mar 14 00:13
I don't think so. They are very different courses. MTOY very slightly jinked for half a stride thinking he may be asked to go around again but this was a few strides off the last hurdle where there was a slight gap between the fence on his inside and then the running rail about 15 yards further on which may have given the horse that impression and there was no tape to guide. He hardy broke stride though.

BW jinks well after the turn and on the running rail proper but it is a genuine and proper throw Geraghty over the rails type jink and very unlike the horse.
By:
Shrews
When: 15 Mar 14 00:25
Many years ago, back in 1988 at the Royal Ascot meeting there was a flat horse called Il De Chypre, who jerked violently as it approached the winning post.  It was almost like it had been shocked, stunned, blinded, or deafened in some way. Today reminded me a little  bit of that, both in the Gold Cup and with Daryl Jacob in the Albert Bartlett.

Was the Albert Bartlett a practice run for the main event ?  I had no real stake in the Gold Cup as I thought Bobs Worth would win easily so only bet in a small stake multiple, but even so I found it all very strange today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/horse-racing/13799912
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com