Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
the istabraq years
08 Mar 14 20:29
| Topic/replies: 651 | Blogger: the istabraq years's blog
Now im no Alastair Down but I do know how I feel and how the festival makes me feel. Ive read and commented on many subjects concerning Cheltenham since last march it feels like but simply reading through the threads, watching TV and on the net its so clear that these 4 days means so much to so many in every way possible. from every corner of Ireland, the uk and beyond wether its purely a cash/profit thing, a pi ss  up thing, a love of seeing the finest animals put on this planet or a combination of all 3 its AMAZING. From 18 to 98 year old, from the tweed set to the casual its just all embracing. A break from the norm, a break from work, shopping or whatever happens in your day to day life you know 100 % you can go to chelt in march, drink, bet, laugh, cry see and feel the buzz of the best of the best...ive been going 16 years straight now and its not lost on me I feel now at 39 how I felt on xmas eve at 8. I , like most have won plenty and lost plenty and seen my heros ( istabraq , his picture in front of me as I write ) best mate, kicking king and many more give me the biggest highs along with the likes of Nick Dundee and Valaramix the lowest of lows...all in all we worry about the weather , the ground etc.... Im ready again to take a week outta life if you are. Drink to much, bet to much and live every second because you will look back and say I was there. As a good friend used to say to me, drink plenty boy and dance well..........................all the best to you.
Pause Switch to Standard View My final word to you good people...
Show More
Report topshot March 8, 2014 8:37 PM GMT
Very well said, and may all your winners be big blighters
Report the istabraq years March 8, 2014 8:39 PM GMT
thank you, you too.
Report bigblockhead March 8, 2014 9:33 PM GMT
I echo every word! all the best win and drink lots
Report ACStafford March 8, 2014 10:33 PM GMT
Well put. Nothing compares with the Festival. The Tuesday is unquestionably the best day of the year.
Report Dan Chipowski March 8, 2014 10:41 PM GMT
Im ready again to take a week outta life if you are.

Count me in. Cool Best wishes to all.
Report Arklearkle March 9, 2014 12:21 AM GMT
Yes tomorrow is racings Christmas Eve.
Report Kjeldsen March 9, 2014 1:02 AM GMT
Beautifully put Isty, have a blinder mate Happy
Report That is all March 9, 2014 1:39 AM GMT
Well said. It's the ppl on here that make the build up all the better & bring the best week of the year even nearer. Bring it on!
Report Deptford March 9, 2014 7:41 AM GMT
It is better than Christmas, I will not sleep Monday night, that is the biggest cert of the week, I have bought a big flat screen smart tv, heaven, my fridge and freezer are stocked with the finest food and drink, bring it on
Report tony2914 March 9, 2014 8:01 AM GMT
poetry istabraq pure poetry !!!
Report onehundredandeighty March 9, 2014 8:26 AM GMT
Excellent shout Istabraq,you echo everything i feel for this week.It's my 40th Bday on Weds and im actually going on my own this year.The Mrs and the family think im bloody mad spending it on my own but only one or two know exactly what this week means to me and i wouldn't miss it for the world.Best of Luck and if you get the same tingle i get walking up to the course on Tuesday morning then it is well worth it Cool
Report Shrews March 9, 2014 1:09 PM GMT
I've been on my own before and you will have just a good a time. In some ways it's nice to do your own thing and you seem to take in everything that little bit more.  Go and have a wander around areas you perhaps normally wouldn't, such as the pre-parade ring or go and stand at the bottom of the hill !  Likewise, when the race is on go and watch the race from a different viewing point.

The excitement has really kicked in and it most definitely is that Christmas Eve feeling you have as a child. 

Good luck to everyone !
Report bonnie March 9, 2014 7:57 PM GMT
excellent post - leaving for chelt at 10 in the morning, the best week of the year - happy festival everyone - enjoy and be lucky.
Report brassneck March 9, 2014 9:07 PM GMT
And lets hope above all that all the punters and horses arrive back home safe and sound at the week end.good luck to all and safe journey.enjoy.
Report LittleButOften March 9, 2014 9:20 PM GMT
To all the people going over and to all the people just going to the pub to watch. 

Hope each and everyone of you have a great time,

Also remember there are alot of people death and gone that would just love to do it one more time, my old dad for one.

We are here for a good time, not a long time, Laugh

Enjoy.
Report Leaguelgend March 9, 2014 10:18 PM GMT
Well said.

Best week of the year....in Willie we Trust
Report rue-the- day March 9, 2014 11:35 PM GMT
Going on my own from Wednesday, have a great week everyone!!!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com