Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
foolsgold123
06 Mar 14 20:25
| Topic/replies: 559 | Blogger: foolsgold123's blog
Smashed Up NRNB BOG Ive backed it for the Gold Cup then the World Hurdle now getting well backed in Ryanair. I still have faith in this horse do you? Probably not haha.
Pause Switch to Standard View Boston Bob 20/1 B365 Ryanair
Show More
Report shockster March 6, 2014 8:29 PM GMT
Would be a surprise, but definitely not impossible.
Report quantize March 6, 2014 8:29 PM GMT
Good spot - worth an EW at 20s BOG NRNB. Had a cheeky £5 ew
Report Can't Catch Me March 6, 2014 8:38 PM GMT
This horse has always been one I've backed so had a little tickle at this.
Report gazovic March 6, 2014 8:43 PM GMT
Id expect 20s to compensate for 2 x pressure falls and a lto course smashing

quite fancy a wee go in a tight book though Crazy
Report bonnie March 6, 2014 8:45 PM GMT
would it have the pace for ryanair ??

i very much doubt it !!!!!!!!!!
Report sintonian March 6, 2014 9:18 PM GMT
Has there ever been a horse to fcuk so many people's minds as this one? Backed him for the WH but he is not winning that. If he wins Ryanair great news for TTF points.
Report CVByrne March 6, 2014 9:54 PM GMT
I just tweeted this about an hour ago. Totally agree, 20/1 is 6/1 if he lines up with Ruby on and Mullins with 2/3 winners on the board.
Report jasey March 6, 2014 11:01 PM GMT
Replaced Grans Crus as the "just let it go" horse
Report Ballydoyle March 6, 2014 11:02 PM GMT
6/1? After getting beat 50 lengths LTO and hit the deck in last two chase runs?Laugh
Report Ballydoyle March 6, 2014 11:03 PM GMT
CV would you back it if it wasn't trained by Mullins and ridden by Walsh? Have you backed their whole stable this year?
Report CVByrne March 6, 2014 11:30 PM GMT
I predominantly back Irish Horses (being Irish) as they are often overlooked for awhile by English punters. You can still get good antepost value in January on plenty of them. Clearly in recent years Mullins has come to dominate in Ireland so it's a knock on effect that he trains lots of horses I back at Cheltenham. I do think he's a superb trainer, and Ruby Walsh is the best Jock around.

I back horses on their individual merits. I do enjoy Mullins more so as I've had success placing his good horses and not put off by this idea he's out to trick punters etc..
Report judorick March 6, 2014 11:33 PM GMT
do any of you know or even care about the record of Irish trained horses in the Ryan Air and previously the Cathcart?
Report CVByrne March 6, 2014 11:33 PM GMT
Joined: 22 Jul 08 | Topic/replies: 909 | Blogger: jasey's blog
Replaced Grans Crus as the "just let it go" horse

Oh this horse has most certainly cost me more money than he's won for me. I've backed him 4 times and he's lost 3 of those times. But the Ryanair is going to be a pretty terrible field.
Report CVByrne March 6, 2014 11:37 PM GMT
judorick 06 Mar 14 23:33 Joined: 27 Nov 11 | Topic/replies: 21,632 | Blogger: judorick's blog
do any of you know or even care about the record of Irish trained horses in the Ryan Air and previously the Cathcart?

Absolutely not. If you believe the bad record means something explain what the underlying factor is.

Also explain why Nicky Henderson had never won the Neptune until 2012

Also explain the bad record of Triumph winners prior to Katchit winning.

No horse has ever regained the Gold Cup, that was another good one.

etc...
Report judorick March 6, 2014 11:39 PM GMT
just asking
Report ReaseHeath March 6, 2014 11:45 PM GMT
it's 0 from 24 in the Ryanair with 2 Gigginstown horses as runner up.

Fair challenge though CV - my random thought would be that possibly the Irish have been slow to embrace the race in its' latest incarnation because they prefer the tradition and prestige of the true Championship races - Gigginstown might be an exception because they need to support the race for obvious reasons but,yes, an Irish winner is surely only a matter of time.

With regard to Bob, Mullins terminology earlier in the week seemed a bit negative to me - words to the effect that ' he's not been ruled out of anything yet'.
Report kingkauto March 6, 2014 11:46 PM GMT
Boston Bob broke my heart last year in the RSA. in fact he's been my arch nemesis over the last 2 seasons. Like an earlier poster advised ive given up on him, too much unrequited love going on.!
If he turns up, i think the Ryanair is the only race he can win. Ive concluded he doesnt stay the Gold Cup trip. The Ryanair is going to cut up dramatically so nrnb might not be a bad play as he will be shorter on the day.
Bit of a stretch to see him winning tho in terms of value i think there are a lot worse outsiders. And in response to an earlier post surely Ruby will ride Felix Yonger??
Report judorick March 6, 2014 11:47 PM GMT
and if you look at the Cathcart which preceded the race, it's one winner since 1973
Report CVByrne March 6, 2014 11:51 PM GMT
There will always be an odd stat around. In racing and every other sport. Sure in football they'll throw up odd stats all the time. People seem to have a kind of fascination with them.

In my opinion the time spent discussing them should be better spent focusing on individual horses merits.
Report judorick March 6, 2014 11:56 PM GMT
there are many ways to skin a cat
Report Tory March 7, 2014 12:22 AM GMT
Judo, you not posting your stats this year? Always an enjoyable read
Report bigblockhead March 7, 2014 12:28 AM GMT
I backed him in the albert Bartlett the RSA and the trials day and I should really hate the nag but I know he has the ability to win a nice prize,
in the AB Campbell Gillies (rip) gave brindisi a great ride and ruby gave him too much rope , the RSA was unlucky imo as townend asked for a big un at the last and bob put down (the move around the field before the second last got the pulse racing and I'm 99% sure he would have outstayed LW and won as he beat the same rival with a fantastic burst at leap the race before) and I have to scratch trials day from memory as that wasn't the true bob for one reason or another. If we factor in albertas run won the rsa and then went on to win the Ryanair twice dropping in distance then BB would have a winning profile if not falling at the last last year which is factored into his price being 22 on betfair at the moment. if he turns up he must be a serious player should ruby decide to ride 4/5 when in the saddle.
Report jasey March 7, 2014 12:59 AM GMT
All the reasons not to touch him.
The excuses for this horse are doing my head in
Report sintonian March 7, 2014 8:21 AM GMT
I honestly can't believe anybody would back this horse now. Negative vibes left,right and centre.
Report Ballydoyle March 7, 2014 10:47 AM GMT
His form is actually shyte as well. If he wasn't trained by Mullins and was trained in England certain people on here would be saying no chance
Report shockster March 7, 2014 11:10 AM GMT
Sintonian mentioned on another thread that if they want to go for The Grand National with Boston Bob, then they need to qualify by finishing in the 1st 4 over 3 miles.  Seems logical if the GN is on the agenda that he will try for the Gold Cup in order to qualify for the race.
Report jasey March 7, 2014 1:12 PM GMT
Seems unlogical to me,be good ground by then as well.
If he lines  up in the GN it will be dark by the time he completes that race
Report Ballydoyle March 7, 2014 1:27 PM GMT
Wouldnt get round.
Report shockster March 7, 2014 1:28 PM GMT
It's entered!!!!
Report Ballydoyle March 7, 2014 1:37 PM GMT
Pointless.com. Horse is a ****g dog
Report sintonian March 7, 2014 9:54 PM GMT
goes for this race now apparently.
Report CVByrne March 8, 2014 11:22 AM GMT
Horse has talent but has had niggling problems. He would have won the RSA last year given how well he stays. Also he has speed as he showed in that race. He won the Dr PJ Moriarty last season also which is over 2m5f beating some good horses in there.

He's been unlucky at Cheltenham, in the Albert Bartlett he got a shocker of a ride from Ruby. Ruby has said it was one of the worst rides he's ever ridden at Cheltenham. Then he fell in RSA, who knows if Ruby had not been forced to ride Unioniste he may won.

He still looks a bit of value at 14/1 as there will be a few n/r from that field. You can likely lay your stake back at sp as the Ruby/Mullins factor could be in full swing by Thursday.

Also the possibility of good ground will really help his cause, though the trip might be too short for him. Look I've always had a love for this horse so would really enjoy it if he won here.
Report hoggy3131 March 8, 2014 11:50 AM GMT
He would have won the RSA last year given how well he stays........???????   If its one thing this horse does, it's not stay a distance. How many more times does he have to prove it.
Report marychain1 March 8, 2014 11:59 AM GMT
If it was my horse I'd definitely be sending First Lieutenant to the Ryanair, whatever Last Instalment does. There's no Cue Card or anything anywhere near as good as Cue Card in the race this year. For me it would be a toss up between Benefficient and First Lieutenant. Can't understand why you'd not want it to run.
Report CVByrne March 8, 2014 12:52 PM GMT
judorick 06 Mar 14 23:56 Joined: 27 Nov 11 | Topic/replies: 21,664 | Blogger: judorick's blog
there are many ways to skin a cat

I think the merit of this post can't go understated. There are many ways to approach profitable betting and there are methods I don't like but it doesn't mean they are not successful methods.

Using Trends & stats is a good way to narrow down a field and focus the analysis on fewer horses. The logic there is pretty sound. My approach is to consider the merits of every horse and look for an angle and approach others don't take. So for me I'd not like to use trends and I don't pay attention to the stats in racing as in my opinion they are misleading. I do get a tad irked when a stat is thrown up to say why a selection won't or can't win rather than the person discussing the actual horse in question and not a stat.

I do like how some trends point me to the underlying factor. But if I don't find a factor for the trend or stat I disregard it. This is just my approach, everyone needs to use their own methods or the methods that work.
Report Giddy March 13, 2014 2:56 PM GMT
After that run from Boston Bob I would have though that there is no doubt he wants every inch of a 3 mile chase
Lets hope that his trained accordingly
Report Mr Eboue March 13, 2014 3:14 PM GMT
Most overrated horse in training.
Report Ballydoyle March 14, 2014 8:28 AM GMT
10/1 fook me...horse hates it now
Report sintonian March 30, 2014 6:37 PM BST
Is he confirmed for the Bowl this week? He's been backed in a few places, tops is now 12/1. I guess the RSA form looks markedly different now with Lord Windermere being a GC winner. Maybe Mullins should have had him in the GC like originally he did.
Report ReaseHeath March 30, 2014 11:21 PM BST
Trainer said in RP yday that Bowl is the target but I noticed today that he's been entered in the Melling Chase.

Mullins: 'Boston Bob is likely to be on our team for the meeting and I'd imagine the Grade 1 Betfair Bowl will be his target. He was a staying on sixth in the Ryanair Chase at Cheltenham and the 3m 1f trip should suit him. He's had a light season, having run only three times, so Thursday's race should slot in nicely before he heads to the Punchestown festival.'
Report sintonian April 1, 2014 10:29 AM BST
Not declared. He really, really does take the phucking p1ss.
Report stevo1 April 2, 2014 12:21 AM BST
Money done again some punters.
Report ReaseHeath April 2, 2014 6:06 PM BST
declared for Melling Chase which is a furlong shorter than the Ryanair - it does look a weak race though.
Report vinnie_roe April 4, 2014 3:21 PM BST
If this fella sorts out his jumping, he's a major player for the gold cup.
Report foolsgold123 April 4, 2014 5:19 PM BST
Kept the faith and had a quite large bet to recoup some of the losses he owes me. Proud of him today knew he was special just hope he learns to jump!!!
Report Masterminded April 13, 2014 8:16 PM BST
He's an enigma but all his form is over 2 1/2. Think he stays three but better over shorter and is just plain lazy.
Report sintonian April 15, 2014 1:40 PM BST
I wouldn't be surprised if he won the Punchestown Gold Cup tbh. Looks a weak race.
Report sageform May 1, 2014 1:42 PM BST
Boston Bob looks a very credible Gold Cup horse for next year.
Report foolsgold123 May 1, 2014 8:16 PM BST
Am on again 25/1 2015 Gold Cup.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 7, 2015 6:21 PM GMT
hoggy3131  • March 8, 2014 11:50 AM GMT 
He would have won the RSA last year given how well he stays........???????   If its one thing this horse does, it's not stay a distance. How many more times does he have to prove it.

WELL, HOGGY 3131,

What's it to be this year ? 10's Ryanair or 25's Gold Cup ?
Report foolsgold123 March 7, 2015 7:27 PM GMT
Same as last year looks like Ryanair now so the 25/1 looks decent. Owner has On His Own and the stable have Djakadam so can't see him going Gold Cup now :(.
Report sintonian March 7, 2015 8:02 PM GMT
25/1 in no way looks decent. Done **** all this season and there is a bunch of horses in-form at the head of the market. Not for me anyway!
Report delsie777 March 7, 2015 9:28 PM GMT
I hope Boston does run in the Ryanair - just have a feeling that he will have his day sooner rather than later. I quite understand that many will disagree, however.
Report Howdi March 7, 2015 10:22 PM GMT
stays all day
Report delsie777 March 7, 2015 10:25 PM GMT
Yeah - I guess it's just whether he can stay all day fast enough howdi?
Report Howdi March 7, 2015 11:12 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Howdi March 7, 2015 11:12 PM GMT
gold cup please
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com