Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FOYLESWAR
05 Mar 14 16:04
| Topic/replies: 23,757 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog
ground !
Pause Switch to Standard View last instalment 50/50 to run
Show More
Report GI MAC March 5, 2014 4:10 PM GMT
so 10minutes after he's cleared to run by the BHA, we hear he may not run by the owner cause of the ground. O'learys nose out of joint. I fully expect him to run.
Report Arklearkle March 5, 2014 4:12 PM GMT
Why do you say OLearys nose out of joint
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 5, 2014 4:14 PM GMT
how do they know what the ground will be ??
Report GI MAC March 5, 2014 4:17 PM GMT
cause Olearys a t!t, he was p!issed they felt the need to test his horses, and now they are saying they are good to go, he's just being a tw@t, they are my horses I'll decide if they run, thats pretty much the jist of it.
Report Arklearkle March 5, 2014 4:19 PM GMT
My clear understanding is that OLeary wrote to the BHA asking them to test the horses.
Report differentdrum March 5, 2014 4:20 PM GMT
Always far more likely that the ground rather than the BHA might prevent him running.

A dry, warm week would not be ideal.
Report Arklearkle March 5, 2014 4:21 PM GMT
The forecasters are predicting practically no rain for the next 10 days
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 5, 2014 4:23 PM GMT
A dry ten days still wont take out 2 months of rain out of the ground that easily, no matter how well the track drains.
Report Can't Catch Me March 5, 2014 4:53 PM GMT
I disagree IS. It definitely will!
Report Arklearkle March 5, 2014 4:56 PM GMT
It always dries out very quickly. Ten days with no rain and highish temps and you would have good to firm by Friday
Report Regular Fries March 5, 2014 4:58 PM GMT
their certainly won't be any firm in the description whatever happens
Report Eeternaloptimist March 5, 2014 4:59 PM GMT
Beware. I see a spectre stalking Prestbury Park and what is that I see in the ghouls hand? Is it? Can it be? Surely not? A hosepipe?
Report Arklearkle March 5, 2014 5:11 PM GMT
There wont be any firm in the description because the hosepipe will be out later in the week
Report Regular Fries March 5, 2014 5:12 PM GMT
exactly
Report penzance March 5, 2014 5:16 PM GMT
backed Last Instalment but they have always
said won't run if the ground dries out.
Report FOYLESWAR March 5, 2014 5:19 PM GMT
a sure way of getting the taps turned on !
Report alleged22 March 5, 2014 5:19 PM GMT
I doubt the watering can will be out too much.....

even though the surface layers will start to dry, underneath will still be sodden... I think someone has already mentioned on another thread the trampoline effect....
Report Brian March 5, 2014 6:20 PM GMT
Rightly or wrongly, racing authorities would prefer not to have the possibility of Last Instalment winning.
Report Ballydoyle March 5, 2014 6:24 PM GMT
FOYLESWAR
FOYLESWAR 05 Mar 14 17:19 Joined: 09 Jan 11 | Topic/replies: 6,708 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog
a sure way of getting the taps turned on !
Rate reply:
| report block user

Theyre not gonna turn the taps on for one horse lol!!

Nobody wants this horse to win apart from his backers.
Report its a brent thing March 5, 2014 6:53 PM GMT
Be nice to see the horse run in the Ryanair the day beforeLaugh
Report buddeliea March 5, 2014 7:00 PM GMT
Well at least the investigation has been done,results found and the verdict decided.
Now hope the ground don't ruin his chances. Horse aint had much luck in his career,deserves a crack at the festival for sure.
Report Ballydoyle March 5, 2014 8:43 PM GMT
Shame his trainers a ****
Report Ballydoyle March 5, 2014 8:44 PM GMT
You can guess that word..starts with c n ends with t
Report penzance March 5, 2014 8:46 PM GMT
best staying chaser about Last Instalment.
Report penzance March 5, 2014 8:48 PM GMT
but I can see them pulling him out
with the drying groung,tbh.
Report buddeliea March 5, 2014 8:52 PM GMT
They wont allow it to get too good on the Friday,they will water during the week if they feel the need to.But yes,its a concern for us LI backers.
Report sintonian March 5, 2014 8:55 PM GMT
10 dry days and decent temps could easily dry the track out. It has been designed to drain/dry well. Several gold cups in the last few years have been run on officially Good ground and I think Last Instalment would want somekind of soft in the description. Also , Pandorama got badly jarred up on it when it got fast so they'll have to be mindful.
Report buddeliea March 5, 2014 9:01 PM GMT
Yep,it needs soft in the description for sure, and its possible they could get another decent season into him.They wont take a chance of doing him harm.
Report sintonian March 5, 2014 9:04 PM GMT
Definitely. Long Run won his GC on official Good ground, and Kauto Star won one of his on Good, too. If it becomes Good by next Friday afternoon you could see them pulling him out imo. They do have First Lieutenant.
Report buddeliea March 5, 2014 9:12 PM GMT
Well I always knew a bet on him was iffy if the ground went good,but at least one can accept that as a reason for a NR.
Lot easier than this debacle hanging over the stable ruling the horse out!!
Report CVByrne March 5, 2014 11:10 PM GMT
Think it's part an attempt to pressure them into watering to keep it soft side of good. But Fenton had said all along he was worried about good ground as his legs are made of glass.

Seeing what happened to Pandorama when he ran in Gold Cup on ground too quick for him, I'd make sure to take care of the horse first.
Report Heisenberg. March 5, 2014 11:23 PM GMT
Silviniaco Conti will get outpaced on Good ground
Report sintonian March 6, 2014 7:53 AM GMT
Really? I know the King George was Soft ground but it was 24f. The GC is 26.5f though I think Bobs Worth will like the going more.
Report geoff m March 6, 2014 8:09 AM GMT
Heisenberg. • March 5, 2014 11:23 PM GMT
Silviniaco Conti will get outpaced on Good ground

Is this the same Silviniaco Conti that was cruising last year when he fell??
Report oufies pal March 6, 2014 8:33 AM GMT
Yep geoff im sure thats the one who fell when cruising on soft/good to soft in places ground.
Report pedrobob March 6, 2014 10:24 AM GMT
think Last Instalment would run on "good" ground.
If the horse is injury prone, surely they would be tempted to run whilst he is fit and still in one piece. Might never get another chance and who says future years are likely to bring any softer ground?
Report shockster March 6, 2014 12:34 PM GMT
At preview evening last night they said Last Instalment acts on good going but wouldn't be risked unless it was soft as his legs are like glass.  Donn MCclean
Report jasey March 6, 2014 5:40 PM GMT
Last years race was very testing ground would have suited SC more.
Bobs Worth preperation has supposedly been a shocker,Triolo has been outworking him
Report Quvega March 8, 2014 8:21 PM GMT
LI 'more likely not to run, than run' according to Edward O'Leary
Report judorick March 8, 2014 11:17 PM GMT
been drifting today, not gonna run?
Report alleged22 March 8, 2014 11:23 PM GMT
been off with dodgy legs since his trainer got caught with anabolic steroids and then comes back better than before, rancid operation....
Report pedrobob March 9, 2014 3:46 PM GMT
racing manager thinks he's a 10yo and it's his last chance to win a Gold Cup.

Obviously only 9, but you get the drift, he clearly wants to run so long as gets ground.

From what Michael and Eddie O'Leary saying, got the impression that so long as not faster than Good, they are running
Report FOYLESWAR March 9, 2014 3:54 PM GMT
I remember when pandoras owner insisted on him running in the gold cup on good ground ,the trainer didn't want him to run but they ran him anyway , jarred him up and was off for ages never the same again !
Report FOYLESWAR March 9, 2014 3:58 PM GMT
pandoramas ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Report differentdrum March 9, 2014 5:34 PM GMT
Pandorama was a 14/1 shot who hadn't run for nearly three months and was actually reliant on soft ground.

Last Instalment has a much stronger chance and has already shown that he can show a high level form on good ground.

He may well not run but there was definitely some cause for optimism listening to the owners at Naas.
Report CVByrne March 9, 2014 6:36 PM GMT
Aye Foyles, I was at the preview prior to Cheltenham at Leopardstown where Pando owner said he was going to run regardless of ground. Owner got what he deserved.
Report buddeliea March 9, 2014 8:32 PM GMT
Well,Last Instalment is coming over,and decision will be made later in the week.
Meanwhile Claisse does not rule out watering the new course if its felt needed.
Report culdesac March 10, 2014 4:49 PM GMT
Id say he is 100% certain to run. This is top notch media management from Gigg.
As soon as the press were ready to build up the hype about him running from Fenton yard they drop this in and guess what - ground is drying so may not run!!! Press move elsewhere for news.
Fact he is not getting younger, may not be sound next year and has a live chance. They aint gonna save him. They buy em to race em and he will run on any ground in my view.
Report okthen March 14, 2014 3:55 PM GMT
Bet you wish the other one had eaten his breakfast properly now you big lying tool.......
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com