Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
wellchief
24 Jan 14 10:25
| Topic/replies: 3,423 | Blogger: wellchief's blog
I'm bored waiting for my car whilst its getting serviced, so I thought I'd create a thread.

I think it would be the Champion Hurdle for everyone, but it would be interesting if anyone had a different race.

Outside of the Champion, mine is the JLT / Jewson, which I never thought I'd say. Wonderful Charm, Oscar, Taquin and potentially throw Champagne Fever and Don Cossack into the mix, it looks ultra competitive.

Biggest disappointment so far is how the Supreme is shaping. Looks like there is a lack of quality, but none the less, very competitive with no Henderson or Mullins short priced one.
Pause Switch to Standard View Race you're most looking forward to...
Show More
Report Eeternaloptimist January 24, 2014 11:39 AM GMT
Sorry to restate the obvious but if they all turn up this Champion Hurdle is the race I've most looked forward to in over 30 years of following the sport. Outside of that I'll stick with finding out if Bob's Worth is good enough for a repeat or whether Silvianaco was unlucky last year.
Report duffy January 24, 2014 1:22 PM GMT
Wouldn't normally be the case for me but as I'm looking forward to Ivan Grozny it'll have to be the Triumph.
Report gutfeeling January 24, 2014 1:38 PM GMT
Arkle.
Triumph.
Neptune.
Report GI MAC January 24, 2014 2:31 PM GMT
It changes every year for me, depending on what anti-post bet I am most looking forward too. This year it's The RSA.
Report wellchief January 24, 2014 2:43 PM GMT
I like the fact that so far everyone has picked a different race.  Sums up the quality and the diversity of the festival!
Report The RealDeal January 24, 2014 4:25 PM GMT
Several but the Neptune is top of the pile at the moment - if Faugheen gets turned over on Sunday that might change!

PS It's the Champion Hurdle really for everyone as you say.Grin
Report Fabulous January 24, 2014 4:44 PM GMT
Always the big 2, The Gold Cup, and The Champion Hurdle for me.

Of the rest the JLT on the Tuesday, though I think everybody looks forward to The Supreme. The RSA is the highlght on the Wednesday, the full card on the Thursday (might be in the minority with that one Grin), and The County Hurdle on the Friday.
Report The Sawyer January 24, 2014 5:19 PM GMT
Faugheen not going this weekend TRD
Report ACStafford January 24, 2014 5:21 PM GMT
Gold Cup would be my second choice behind the Champion.
Report deepingfox January 24, 2014 8:37 PM GMT
FAUGHEEN romping home in the Neptune, with Ruby sitting still at the last, and the Irish shouting the house down.
Report The RealDeal January 24, 2014 9:47 PM GMT
Thanks Sawyer, wonder if that means the Deloitte against TTT then? Still strong enough on here.
Report Tory January 24, 2014 10:00 PM GMT
From a pocket point of view it's the Neptune simply due to Faugheen being by far and away my biggest winner of the fest this year. It's not make of break because of the prices im on at but it could be make. If he wins then the next would be the RSA due to the double I've got him in with Ballycasey, though I'm bricking myself that CF will run in that now and bally won't go.

From a pure racing standpoint it's probably the arkle. With no SS or Simonsig this yr it will more than likely be a larger field with a good amount of depth. Second race of the first day and you've got the glorious sight of 2m chasers, and novices at that,  where a mistake could easily be made and you don't really know how good one or another could be.

It's that type of race, with 361 days of waiting inbetween that i love. Even if I've already done 70 notes on champagne fever
Report Tory January 24, 2014 10:01 PM GMT
FWIW, I think Faugheen could do a Simonsigesq performance this year
Report Steamship January 24, 2014 11:15 PM GMT
I cannot pick a race I have to say the Monday night before I am like a child on Christmas Eve.
I do think the Champ Chase is fascinating with SS problems and SDG possibly not at his best at Chelt.
Report Winnerallrite January 25, 2014 8:42 PM GMT
I will be looking forward to the RSA purely in a selfish way as I have had the winner from 7 of the last 8 running's (the loser being Lyreen Legend)

It has been a real good money spinner for me and one I look forward to, I like the hyped up "good things" that people seem to back into silly odds when what you need is a grinder, a battler who will beat the "classy" ones all day every day and at a price!
Report bluebirdfan January 28, 2014 1:08 PM GMT
The Neptune......if it's Faugheen in front jumping the last
Report Ballydoyle January 28, 2014 2:27 PM GMT
The Gold Cup with Silviniaco Conti a fence clear after jumping the last would suit me
Report Tory January 28, 2014 3:10 PM GMT
Faugeen will be jumping the last bluebird whilst the rest are coming round the bend!
Report The RealDeal January 28, 2014 11:52 PM GMT
Cool
Report hunter71 January 29, 2014 8:07 PM GMT
faugeen will be running in ab lads SadSadSadSad
Report Ballydoyle January 29, 2014 9:32 PM GMT
got him for that at 8-1 too but wont be running in AB i dont think
Report The RealDeal January 29, 2014 9:32 PM GMT
Based on what?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder