Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
wellchief
24 Jan 14 10:25
| Topic/replies: 3,423 | Blogger: wellchief's blog
I'm bored waiting for my car whilst its getting serviced, so I thought I'd create a thread.

I think it would be the Champion Hurdle for everyone, but it would be interesting if anyone had a different race.

Outside of the Champion, mine is the JLT / Jewson, which I never thought I'd say. Wonderful Charm, Oscar, Taquin and potentially throw Champagne Fever and Don Cossack into the mix, it looks ultra competitive.

Biggest disappointment so far is how the Supreme is shaping. Looks like there is a lack of quality, but none the less, very competitive with no Henderson or Mullins short priced one.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 22
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 24 Jan 14 11:39
Sorry to restate the obvious but if they all turn up this Champion Hurdle is the race I've most looked forward to in over 30 years of following the sport. Outside of that I'll stick with finding out if Bob's Worth is good enough for a repeat or whether Silvianaco was unlucky last year.
By:
duffy
When: 24 Jan 14 13:22
Wouldn't normally be the case for me but as I'm looking forward to Ivan Grozny it'll have to be the Triumph.
By:
gutfeeling
When: 24 Jan 14 13:38
Arkle.
Triumph.
Neptune.
By:
GI MAC
When: 24 Jan 14 14:31
It changes every year for me, depending on what anti-post bet I am most looking forward too. This year it's The RSA.
By:
wellchief
When: 24 Jan 14 14:43
I like the fact that so far everyone has picked a different race.  Sums up the quality and the diversity of the festival!
By:
The RealDeal
When: 24 Jan 14 16:25
Several but the Neptune is top of the pile at the moment - if Faugheen gets turned over on Sunday that might change!

PS It's the Champion Hurdle really for everyone as you say.Grin
By:
Fabulous
When: 24 Jan 14 16:44
Always the big 2, The Gold Cup, and The Champion Hurdle for me.

Of the rest the JLT on the Tuesday, though I think everybody looks forward to The Supreme. The RSA is the highlght on the Wednesday, the full card on the Thursday (might be in the minority with that one Grin), and The County Hurdle on the Friday.
By:
The Sawyer
When: 24 Jan 14 17:19
Faugheen not going this weekend TRD
By:
ACStafford
When: 24 Jan 14 17:21
Gold Cup would be my second choice behind the Champion.
By:
deepingfox
When: 24 Jan 14 20:37
FAUGHEEN romping home in the Neptune, with Ruby sitting still at the last, and the Irish shouting the house down.
By:
The RealDeal
When: 24 Jan 14 21:47
Thanks Sawyer, wonder if that means the Deloitte against TTT then? Still strong enough on here.
By:
Tory
When: 24 Jan 14 22:00
From a pocket point of view it's the Neptune simply due to Faugheen being by far and away my biggest winner of the fest this year. It's not make of break because of the prices im on at but it could be make. If he wins then the next would be the RSA due to the double I've got him in with Ballycasey, though I'm bricking myself that CF will run in that now and bally won't go.

From a pure racing standpoint it's probably the arkle. With no SS or Simonsig this yr it will more than likely be a larger field with a good amount of depth. Second race of the first day and you've got the glorious sight of 2m chasers, and novices at that,  where a mistake could easily be made and you don't really know how good one or another could be.

It's that type of race, with 361 days of waiting inbetween that i love. Even if I've already done 70 notes on champagne fever
By:
Tory
When: 24 Jan 14 22:01
FWIW, I think Faugheen could do a Simonsigesq performance this year
By:
Steamship
When: 24 Jan 14 23:15
I cannot pick a race I have to say the Monday night before I am like a child on Christmas Eve.
I do think the Champ Chase is fascinating with SS problems and SDG possibly not at his best at Chelt.
By:
Winnerallrite
When: 25 Jan 14 20:42
I will be looking forward to the RSA purely in a selfish way as I have had the winner from 7 of the last 8 running's (the loser being Lyreen Legend)

It has been a real good money spinner for me and one I look forward to, I like the hyped up "good things" that people seem to back into silly odds when what you need is a grinder, a battler who will beat the "classy" ones all day every day and at a price!
By:
bluebirdfan
When: 28 Jan 14 13:08
The Neptune......if it's Faugheen in front jumping the last
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 28 Jan 14 14:27
The Gold Cup with Silviniaco Conti a fence clear after jumping the last would suit me
By:
Tory
When: 28 Jan 14 15:10
Faugeen will be jumping the last bluebird whilst the rest are coming round the bend!
By:
The RealDeal
When: 28 Jan 14 23:52
Cool
By:
hunter71
When: 29 Jan 14 20:07
faugeen will be running in ab lads SadSadSadSad
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 29 Jan 14 21:32
got him for that at 8-1 too but wont be running in AB i dont think