Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
x20
03 Jan 14 18:15
| Topic/replies: 144 | Blogger: x20's blog
Must be unusual to see this race have so little shape.
Calipto is a weak favourite who won an ok race at Newbury.
My fancy Thomas Hobson is even more friendless on here.
A lot of the others have been beating each other
Vicenzo Mio been backed today but has the profile of a 3 miler being by a Cadoudal mare!
Seen Baradari mentioned and could see him being of interest but still available at 28/1 on here and not exactly a lot of money coming for him.
Be interested if anyone sees differently.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 122
By:
buddeliea
When: 03 Jan 14 20:27
yep,wide open indeed.
No bet yet,dont fancy anything to be honest.
By:
Howdi
When: 03 Jan 14 21:10
all novice events look wide open to me.
By:
x20
When: 04 Jan 14 13:33
Interesting to see Mullins talk about Argentino as a promising recruit. See it is a Giggs horse.
By:
buddeliea
When: 04 Jan 14 15:44
x20, you have prompted me into having a good look at this race,and I have decided on one.
Rutherglen 16nrfb.
Looks ok this one,jumped pretty well in his 2 victories, and looks as good as any ive seen thus far.
By:
duffy
When: 05 Jan 14 03:01
Both Plinth and Ivan Grozny for me out of their irish race, I'd prefer IG as I see him as the stronger staying type out of the two which will suit the triumph, he boasts some very decent flat form indeed, 25's and 33's about them will do for me at the moment.
By:
Desmond Orchard
When: 10 Jan 14 17:52
Royal Irish Hussar of Hendos was well fancied (4/6) when stuffed 16l at Donny last month. The winner of that race was Fox Norton and is in the top few of the betting, but the one I took out of it was Fergusons Broughton, he was making his debut and I think would've won had he not jumped slowly at the last, only beaten a head. He'll come on a bundle for that experience and will likely get the decent ground that he had that day.
Worryingly he isn't quoted on here, but the high st has him at a conservative best priced 25s, which I've taken.
He's also in my e/w retirement Yankee ;-)
By:
Swardean
When: 10 Jan 14 21:12
Good wood Mirage runs tomorrow. This could be the one. Connections paid enough to find out
By:
Swardean
When: 12 Jan 14 21:19
a win is a win is a win but cant be impressed by this ones jumping.  Obviously a huge engine but would need to iron out the mistakes to have a chance.  Owner who paid £380k would have been hoping for a better diaplay.  That said, Rooster booster couldnt pick up its feet for its first few runs....
By:
duffy
When: 18 Jan 14 12:08
Looking forward to Ivan Grozny today, shaped quite well on debut, another interesting one in a wide open market.
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 18 Jan 14 12:31
Looks very smart
By:
duffy
When: 18 Jan 14 12:34
He was 1 length behind triple threat who ran in the champion stakes...he was last mind you but getting within 20 lengths of farrh doesn't reflect too badly on Ivan in the context of a triumph hurdle.Happy
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 18 Jan 14 13:40
Just watched it again, very nice turn of foot.
By:
Ramruma
When: 19 Jan 14 00:39
Mullins runs Gitane du Berlais in an all-aged race at Fairyhouse. Is she a planned Triumph runner? She beat Mystery Drama in a Listed race at Aintree in December but the runner-up is trained by Alan King so might or might not have been under the weather.
By:
Mystic Wind
When: 21 Jan 14 19:01
Vicenzo Mio is Nicholl's only entry for the Finesse on Saturday (no Calipto) which might be significant. He was impressive lto and 20/1 looks too big to me. Calipto backers are presumably pinning their hopes on an Adonis run.

1pt Royal Irish Hussar @ 16/1 Sad
2pts Vicenzo Mio @ 20/1
By:
alleged22
When: 21 Jan 14 23:08
not a race ive got involved in yet, the better ground horses won,t have been out yet,and happy to play the watching game atm
By:
sageform
When: 22 Jan 14 07:33
Only 7 weeks to go and still very little evidence on the 4yo generation.
By:
buddeliea
When: 22 Jan 14 07:48
So which better ground horses are we yet to see?, and when will the better ground be here for them to run on??
Think the winner is there now....somewhere!!!
By:
alleged22
When: 22 Jan 14 08:09
only time will tell budd, the Adonis is a good pointer imo
By:
Ramruma
When: 22 Jan 14 12:58
Zarkandar and Soldatino did not run until February in the Adonis (as alleged22 mentions) so it is quite possible we've not seen the winner yet. Otoh, Countrywide Flame ran as early as the previous July.

And since the Fred Winter was created, you cannot back juveniles on spec, as even if they are catching pigeons at home, they can easily end up in the wrong race.
By:
duffy
When: 22 Jan 14 14:02
Ivan Grozny is a solid fav. now for the race, he's got very decent flat form in france on better ground than he faced on Saturday where he showed a good turn of foot late on....every chance that he'll be even better still on good ground.
By:
sintonian
When: 22 Jan 14 14:17
What about the horse who beat Ivan Grozy last time out, Plinth? No mentioned of him on here.

Mystic, i've had a win bet on Vicenzo too as well as Calipto. They're clearly PFN's best 4yos. Vicenzo is going for a recognised trial this weekend, the form of his race last time out has worked out, 4th has won, 2nd who as beat 20 lengths just got touched off in a photo. And Calipto started out at Newbury where the form is very strong, should be going the Zarkandar route.
By:
duffy
When: 22 Jan 14 14:27
I did give both plinth and Ivan grozny a mention from their race earlier on this thread.....I thought at the time that plinth was the speedier one and grozny the more staying type that perhaps could keep up a strong gallop and get home better ....so to see that turn of foot from him on Saturday was nice.
By:
sintonian
When: 22 Jan 14 14:30
Sorry, yes, just read back and it appears you were the only one to take the 25/33s. Nice one.
By:
sintonian
When: 22 Jan 14 15:17
Ballyglasheen could aim to prove last month's Cheltenham victory was no fluke by returning to the track for Saturday's JCB Triumph Hurdle Trial.

Triumph Hurdle. Click here to bet.

Ballyglasheen: Cheltenham possible
Related ContentLive horse racing resultsRacecards and formLatest non-runnersLatest video formFree £5 bet every weekFree £30 matched bet
The four-year-old claimed his third victory from eight starts over hurdles with a shock 33-1 win in another Triumph trial, but trainer Evan Williams is unsure about the strength of the form.

Ballyglasheen beat Kentucky Hyden by a neck, with Commissioned and Vicenzo Mio third and fourth respectively.

Williams said: "We will definitely have a look at the JCB Triumph Hurdle Trial for Ballyglasheen.

"He has been in very good form and has probably improved a bit since his win there last time.

"I was very surprised at Cheltenham and thought it was a very fluky performance, but I thought it was a poor race.

"The second, third and fourth horses are probably over-hyped and we were a little bit more streetwise."
By:
Ramruma
When: 22 Jan 14 15:29
@sintonian -- not what you'd hope to hear for Ballyglasheen or Vicenzo Mio.

"I was very surprised at Cheltenham and thought it was a very fluky performance, but I thought it was a poor race.

"The second, third and fourth horses are probably over-hyped and we were a little bit more streetwise."
By:
sintonian
When: 23 Jan 14 13:57
I know. Evan can be quite the pessimist though. We'll see.
By:
duffy
When: 23 Jan 14 14:40
You've certainly got stable form on your side, that's for sure.
By:
blackbarn
When: 23 Jan 14 19:26
Ballyglasheen, Vicenzo Mio and Broughton (also mentioned on here) all entered in the Finesse "triumph trial" on Saturday.
By:
sageform
When: 24 Jan 14 20:10
I have had a very small bet on Goodwood Mirage for tomorrow despite his awful jumping fto. I doubt if his jumping would cope with a big field like the Triumph but he might get away with it tomorrow.
By:
deepingfox
When: 24 Jan 14 20:34
PLINTH for Aidan OBrien
By:
Marcus Cicero
When: 25 Jan 14 17:26
deepingfox - completely agree! Really like the look of Plinth.
By:
sintonian
When: 25 Jan 14 18:05
Le Rocher was seriously impressive today. Form looks quite strong too i'd say.
By:
Glossy
When: 25 Jan 14 18:15
Very impressive but also very ground dependent I fear. Not sure how he'd handle quick spring ground.
By:
sintonian
When: 25 Jan 14 18:16
Yep, unproven on the going, though both trainer and jockey were saying better ground would be ok for him in their post-race interviews.
By:
zilzal1
When: 25 Jan 14 18:18
Williams must have changed his mind, after Chepstow he said that it needed soft ground
By:
sintonian
When: 25 Jan 14 18:20
yeah I know, he's now saying he was ok on GS going in France.
By:
shockster
When: 25 Jan 14 19:19
Pearl Castle was seriously impressive at Doncaster on Friday.  If you didn't see it watch the replay. Can't believe it's still 25/1.
By:
Winnerallrite
When: 25 Jan 14 19:45
I will play the waiting game with this race, We haven't seen all the cards played this year yet! for me this is wide open still
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 25 Jan 14 20:14
Not sure it is wide open, all the good ones cant just appear in feb.

I really like Ivan Grozny & Le Rocher so far. Plus maybe that PN horse that won at the hennessey meeting.
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com